Favourite Anime

einlanzer

Oct 31, 2010
I know everyone has a favourite anime, maybe not one or two, but a whole list. So tell everyone your favourite and why.

=================================================================

For me, it has to be the Full Metal Panic! series (+Fumoffu! and TSR). It's because it has everything I want in an anime; action, comedy, drama, romance and mecha and it balances it out quite well. Also, the characters and their development are great. I'm still hoping that KyoAni picks it up again and do the remaining books.

It's the ONLY anime I've watched more than 5x.

Reactions: Nici790
Clannad. It is touching, beautiful, solid character back stories. I shed manly tears watching clannad XD.

Bleach - my all time favorite
Code Geass and R2.
Especially R2 - the one and only show that made me sit infront of my com on sundays 5pm to search for the earliest raw version to watch. XD

Last edited:
Death Note was great, because of the idea and the great story.
The Characters were all individual and it was very exciting till the end.

Not sure if I have any all-time favourite. Sola was good and clean; both seasons of ef were good and not really a degradation of the VN; Nanoha trilogy was a good series; and there were some other romance series I favoured like Clannad and H2O. However, I can't really determine if I have just one or two all-time favourites.

Clannad, it has the most interesting cast of characters, beautiful art, and the most touching story I've ever encountered.

The recent anime hasn't been as good as the previous years anime.. sigh..

I would say have said Clannad, but its actually a visual novel, So i won't say that.

Hmm... Maybe Rurouni Kenshin. Yeah. Probably that.

The recent anime hasn't been as good as the previous years anime.. sigh..

I would say have said Clannad, but its actually a visual novel, So i won't say that.

Hmm... Maybe Rurouni Kenshin. Yeah. Probably that.

Uhh..No, Clannad IS an anime. It's an anime adaptation of a Visual Novel so it counts as an anime. If you count it as a VN, then Rorouni Kenshin would be a manga instead and the only true animes will be: TTGL, Evangelion and such who are originally anime then adapted into another format.
It

My Favourite Anime.... :D:D:D

*Looks at own Avatar, closes eyes and smiles*

The Nanoha Series. ^_^

As for why....

The characters' personalities as well as the world itself is interesting. The world itself when first presented felt like a very nice alternative and peaceful world. The world later takes on sinister turns as well. Civil wars, mass murders, child soldiers...

Rather than the staple of Black and White that is common place for the genre, it took on the shades of grey instead.

Friendship in the series is the main focus and the characters are not infallible. They too have bore internal conflicts as the series continued. However that did not disintegrate into a whole mess but relied a lot more on others emotionally. They too know that they are not invincible as well. A point made a few times in the series. They soldiered on.. but the endearing trait about them is that they will continue to do their best but also with the realization sometimes doing their best may just not be enough and hard as it may... to some extent be able to let go.

For me, this is more than enough ^_^

I'd say the best one's that I've ever watched was Air Gear , Chaos Head, Death Note, Code Geass, and Evangelion.

my old time favorite would be saiyuki, current favorite from the current season would be level e~

i love the artwork from both anime, i love how the character sanzo is portrayed (ironic), and i'm into weird stuff X3

I would have to say my all time favorite is BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad. It is based on the manga by Harold Sakuishi. It is about a group of teenage Japanese kids that start a rock band. One of the reasons I like it is because it is a very original work. The characters are so well developed through the series that they seem like real people once you watch it a while. One gets the feel that it is a slice of life from Japan. There are no huge robots, magic weapons or alternate dimensions and I think only one or two scenes with partial nudity. I guess I'm trying to say that it's so well written that it doesn't need any of that. In other words it is solely a story about people, their relationships, dreams and trials. The anime covered less than half of the storyline from the manga. If you like manga I highly recommend it as well. It has won several awards and has surprisingly been made into a live action movie that came out in Japan on September 4, 2010. The movie will be released in the USA (i think) on DVD and Blu-ray on February 2, 2011. How many anime get made into a live movie? That should hint at how good it is.

Courtesy links:
Wiki
Manga
Anime
It's got commercials but for demo purposes it will do. If you click "show order" above the episodes listed towards the bottom its a lot easier to find ep. 1

for now, bakemonogatari, and ore no imo...,
evangelion, gundam wing is also on my list
code geass: lelouch of the rebellion is awesome.

Azumanga Daioh, Gunslinger Girl, Eureka Seven, Hellsing Ultimate, Trinity Blood, Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Sora no Woto, Angel Beats!, Shiki, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Matsuri.

Bonus points to anyone that can find a common denominator and recommend similar, non-recent anime to me. :D

Reactions: af021
me = code geass and r2.

@coro, your tastes very diverse like us. Lol, guess i try:

canaan
bakemonogatari
darker than black
ga rei

I watched a lot of anime like G Gundam, samurai x ova (better than the anime), death note, gintama, code geass and r2, etc..

I can't really even give one anime as a favorite, too diverse and too tough of a choice.

Death Note was really awesome just because of how they made an anime with little actual physical battles still be intense and suspenseful. Not only did I love watching it, it actually made me feel smarter lol.

Full Metal Alchemist was also amazing. The original series did a great job with character development and playing with emotions, it's the only anime that actually made me cry at the end. Brotherhood was even better even though the ending was a little too much at times.

and I'm gonna be the first to throw Naruto out there xD. I still follow Naruto and enjoyed all of it except the god damned filler arcs. In my opinion Kishimoto did a really great job putting together such an elaborate universe of characters and events that all fit together pretty well.

I watched a lot of anime like G Gundam, samurai x ova (better than the anime), death note, gintama, code geass and r2, etc..

yeah.. g gundam makes me laugh....

samurai x ova.. story is much better than the series, but the character designs were better on the anime.

old ones include.. voltron defenders of the universe, doraemon and mojacko!, lupin III,

I liked Clannad, Code Geass, Macross Frontier, Infinite Stratos and others. But I still favor Code Geass. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3