What's your very first Otome game?

Prob either Amnesia or X Note. I can't remeember. I really liked the idea of psychic powers in X Note

My first one was Amnesia Memories on PC, I first discovered otome in 2017. I've played several otome since then but Amnesia will always be my #1, no matter what other people think of it. If it weren't for that game being ported to PC I would never have known otome was a thing, much less a whole fandom. ^^"

I like all that is related to fantasy (books, games) so I stumbled on the Otome term while searching for romance mods for Baldur Gate 2 (back in 2016) . My opinion is that even if its an RPG game it is a bit weird to finish an entire game without developing "relationships" with your party members. I mean in the game world you are risking life and limb for an epic quest and at the end your party has very little to talk about. But I digress, so here I was looking at various mods when someone mentioned the Otome games. I did not know what the term meant then so I searched again and I stumbled upon Hakouki and I thought why not give it a try. I mean it had almost everything I like (sword battles, demons). The first route I played was Okita (I don't know, in this role Morikubo Shotaro sounds like a big cat :) and it was so interesting listening to him). I did not know Japanese back then so you can say I like listening to him.
In the Hakouki however I fell in love with Kazama route and when I read about the Drama CD I started looking for a drama CD with Tsuda Kenjiro and my first Drama CD was Kurayami Gatari Youen Ibun. That one was scary :)
You can say that Otome Games were the last catalyst for me to start learning Japanese.

My very first otome game was My Candy Love, I play it since 2017 but abandoned it soooo many times, I finished HSL only this year lol
As for the not online ones, I think my first was Diabolik Lovers and I loved every second of it. Thinking about it, it's very strange that the first vn that made me fall in love with otome game world is the one I now hate the most...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.