What's your very first Otome game?

Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Starry Sky in Spring, which is funny because after I tried it I learned there was an English patch but I actually never finished it and moved onto Black Wolves Saga, closely followed by Bloody Call.

Back then I barely understood Japanese and used AGTH with a ton of dictionaries and support from various sites. I remember not understanding what the hell was happening and being surprised when the CGI showed nothing I expected (because frankly the auto translations are sometimes so terrible XD)

eh!! OMG bloody wolf saga <333333 I got it during summer break and I think you can guess what I did :gakuran_blush: (so nerdy)
I played SS in S when there was no patch, well yeah SS really takes a long time without CG's but SS After Spring "Hell Yeah!". I am not sure but I guess the Yoh did some humpti dumpti there LOL~ (or I am just a perv):gakuran_excited:

I remember Playing some of the Alice no Kuni games too, but damn .... that engine really confused me back then. :gakuran_stress:

Starry sky in spring :korokke_thanks: and until now starry sky series is still my favorite otome game :)
@SilverAliisza
well we had our first time with them after all :gakuran_broken:

SOOOOO which of them were your frist?

tumblr_mnyjib2C0W1qgb3cfo3_250.gif

Mine was Storm Lovers xD I was scrolling through tumblr and it appeared so I decided to try it out since it looked fun (and funny). My japanese at that time was kinda bad, but I still managed to get through it LOL

INFO: Just a reminder that no one should stray off the topic. For series specific discussion, please make a separate thread. We don't want the global mod to get mad ok?
Thank you~
:megane_surprise:

Oh hello my german friend xD was geht ab. kenn kaum deutsche die Otome games spielen, wie lang bist du schon dabei?

Meinst du mich? Das nächste mal mach ein Zitat oder sowas in der Art, ich hab das hier nur zufällig gesehen. Und joa, deutsche Fans gibts auch kaum. Ist auch logisch, wer lernt schon Japanisch.
Ansonsten, das erste Game war in 2009 (hiiro no Kakera 1) und so richtig reingekommen bin ich in 2010 (S.Y.K). Steht auch auf der 2ten Seite dieses Threads. Wie liefs bei dir? Starry Sky, rightig? Und lang war war das her? :nyanmusu_yes:

Und wenn du nicht mich meintest, dann tut mich das echt leid, hehe.

Meinst du mich? Das nächste mal mach ein Zitat oder sowas in der Art, ich hab das hier nur zufällig gesehen. Und joa, deutsche Fans gibts auch kaum. Ist auch logisch, wer lernt schon Japanisch.
Ansonsten, das erste Game war in 2009 (hiiro no Kakera 1) und so richtig reingekommen bin ich in 2010 (S.Y.K). Steht auch auf der 2ten Seite dieses Threads. Wie liefs bei dir? Starry Sky, rightig? Und lang war war das her? :nyanmusu_yes:

Und wenn du nicht mich meintest, dann tut mich das echt leid, hehe.

Ooops hab das total verpeilt. Stimmt schon, aber Japanisch is ja so eine schöne Sprache.
Joa ich glaub SS in Spring kam ja erst 2009 oder so raus, ich weiß nur das ich zu der Zeit irgendwann mal angefangen habe mit dem Spielen, hab aber einige Spiele gleichzeitig angefangen.
Woah yah! Hiiro no Kakera das is ja so geil! Ich hab nur das eine mit dem Anime gespielt und dann noch das andere, welches in der Vergangenheit spielt. (Bei welchem die Geschichte mit dem Schwert und dem Oni erzählt wird)

Was besonders lustig ist, wir beide haben etwa zur gleichen Zeit nen Account gemacht aber du bist mein Senpai :gakuran_blush:

Shi Shi Shi~

:gakuran_excited: Senpai~~~~~

Starry Sky in Spring *feels*

Two years ago I met with someone and she told me about otome games. She recommended StaSka as the first game and I played it. The funny thing is that I have played Suzuya's route for two times and didn't play the other routes because I didn't want to cheat on my first husbando <3 That's how I started playing otome games @w@ Also my second and third games were LoveRevo and TYB Super Mint which I don't recommend as the first games.

By the way, the reason I played Suzuya was Ono-sama <3

My first Otome game is the same, Starry Sky in Spring.

I got the game from my friend and start playing it because my friend told me that there is Gintama VA in it since at the time I was watching gintama series. so of course the first route I clear is Kanata Route (VA = Tomokazu Sugita)

Starry Sky in Spring is my first.

I remember that my friend told me the VA of Sakata Gintoki of Gintama which is Tomokazu Sugita is the VA of Nanami Kanata in the game. So I start play the game to finish his route and end up playing all the series. ;)

Oho! A Kakki fan! 8D
Which WoF have you played? So what did you think of Amnesia and WoF then?

I've played all of WoF including the fandisks although I haven't played all routes yet(only really mainly went for Lagi:nyanmusu_cheer:)
The storyline of WoF is quite good in general for the routes I've played so far although for the main 2 games, it takes a lot of time and effort to go through the whole timeline. On that hand, the fandisks are quite good in playing all routes to get to know the characters before playing their routes on the main game (it should really be the other way round as it's a fandisk)

Amnesia is a nice one as the games themselves are quite interesting and the quality of the storylines don't drop (in my opinion) through the sequels :nyanmusu_happy:

I don't think Persona 3 Portable counts as otome games-- though I do find playing female protagonist actually gives you lots of feels that is similar to otome games -u-
But either way, I think my first ever otome game was Yo-Jin-Bo. Totally love the jokes and all the cracks in the game though. One of the otome games that could make me laugh so hard and just-- having very good storyline and characters.

My first otome was Meine Liebe.
I played it many years ago with the GBA emulator and I don't understand any word, but still I had fun because this game use the same system that Tokimeki games. I never got a good end with a boy, every time the heroine ends alone. :(

The first english otome was Hakuouki and I love it! Finally can understand all the plot and characters are very interesting. Before this I played some "harem" games.

Mine was.... Persona - Opera za no Kaijin-, and then Chou no Doku Hana no Kusari :nyanmusu_happy:

both are R18 game :puniko_love:

Last edited:
Ooops hab das total verpeilt. Stimmt schon, aber Japanisch is ja so eine schöne Sprache.
Joa ich glaub SS in Spring kam ja erst 2009 oder so raus, ich weiß nur das ich zu der Zeit irgendwann mal angefangen habe mit dem Spielen, hab aber einige Spiele gleichzeitig angefangen.
Woah yah! Hiiro no Kakera das is ja so geil! Ich hab nur das eine mit dem Anime gespielt und dann noch das andere, welches in der Vergangenheit spielt. (Bei welchem die Geschichte mit dem Schwert und dem Oni erzählt wird)

Was besonders lustig ist, wir beide haben etwa zur gleichen Zeit nen Account gemacht aber du bist mein Senpai :gakuran_blush:

Shi Shi Shi~

:gakuran_excited: Senpai~~~~~

Oh, dann spielst du ja auch schon eine ganze Weile! Cool! Ich hab versucht noch andere dazu zu bringen, otoge zu lesen, aber japanisch kann ja keiner und mit agth hatten auch viele keinen bock, besonders wenn dadurch die Übersetzungen crappy werden. Hm naja.

Das 2te war HnK4 - Shirahana no Ori. Das wurde ja übersetzt. Ich finde es nur schade, dass die Synchro komplett weg ist aus der mobile version. So schade. Sollte mal das Original ausgraben und endlich lesen.

Ich wünschte, man könnte irgendwo eine schöne Liste mit Cover Art usw. machen, damit man seine Games anderen zeigen kann. Gibts zwar, aber nicht wirklich für otome games...

Oh, Gott, ich bin ein Senpai?! Uaaah! *geblendet von den Sparkle Eyes*

My first otome game was actually Under the Moon and I think I played it when I was in 8th grade....
(/(エ)\)
(I know it's R-18 but the art was so beautiful! \(*T▽T*)/)
I have to say that it's still my favorite otome game! O(≧▽≦)O Leni-sama~! (ノ≧∀≦)ノ also because of Under the Moon Taniyama Kishou became my fave seiyuu!

I do not remember very well, but it was on nintendo DS... If I'm not mistaken, was Hiiro no Kakera followed by Tokimemo Girl's Side serie

I've played BL games before venturing into otome games because I was really immature and felt like like hetero romance was disgusting and too normal (a stance I regretted bec even though, right now, I feel like heteronormativity shouldn't be a thing, I still shouldn't have closed my mind early and made people I know who like heteromance feel bad) and like bl was rad. So before touching otome games. I've had a handful of experience with bl stuff and wanted to find a good game that's not really too fluff and too romantic. And so, when I reviewer posted about the game Chou no Doku Hana no Kusari and how great it was, I decided to give it a go.

Which probably explains my choice of otome games and stuff I wanna see in this game. I like drama and blown-up conflict and I'm glad I played this game first.

my first is starry sky in spring . I'm surprised it was the same for so many people . I have to admit I cannot remember how I found it or why.

My first otome game is Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love DS ^w^
I like high school romance game and handheld game consoles.

Last edited:
My first game was toga inu no chi (i think that is how to spell it)
My cousin was playing it on her computer and it was the part where Akira and Rin were naked... and.... yeah... kyaaa!!!!
It was shocking moment and I somehow played it with my cousin and cleared it with her :p
I am pretty sure that my cousin was in 9th grade and I was in 6th...... woah now that I think about it now I was not even in middle school!!!!!

My first otome game is...... Tokimeki Memorial Girls's Side, the 2nd one XD
I really like them because you can really feel as if you/'re the heroine <3
I know not all people like this because they can't see the heroine's face, or she feels like a doormat, but I think with TMGS, you can decide how she act <3 I don't want to see MY boyfriend kissing a girl that's not ME.
I first discovered it because..... I don't know XD I guess I'm the type that follows the wave(?) at that time, I often visits tumblr, and lots of ppl who likes yaoi also likes otome games, so I got curious XD

Memories
Not the best one I've heard but I somehow liked it^^

I'm not sure you'd call it an otome game, but you probably do lol x) But my first game was Tokimeki Memorial Girls side on DS.. Aah this wakes memories, I remember how hard it could be to just get that one guy, i mean with the games i play now i just have to choose the right answers, but in Tokimeki... Well for anyone who's played it would know, it could be quite ddifficult. :P But i eventually got a hang of it though! Ahh kinda feel like playing Tokimeki again!! :D

My very first otoge was 'Starry Sky'. :nyanmusu_yeah:
Before that I'd played galgames among other genres, but all of them were translated into English. So when I read an instruction on how to install and translate Japanese visual novels - I was completely hooked.
The task wasn't the easiest one and that reminded me about 90's, how we tried to make games work and it was a game itself ;)

However 'Starry Sky' kinda disappointed me, because in-game choices appeared rarely and it didn't feel like my actions were meaningful at all. :puniko_wtf:
After completing the Capricorn's route I'd decided to look for more VNs, but that's another story.

My very first otoge was 'Starry Sky'. :nyanmusu_yeah:
Before that I'd played galgames among other genres, but all of them were translated into English. So when I read an instruction on how to install and translate Japanese visual novels - I was completely hooked.
The task wasn't the easiest one and that reminded me about 90's, how we tried to make games work and it was a game itself ;)

However 'Starry Sky' kinda disappointed me, because in-game choices appeared rarely and it didn't feel like my actions were meaningful at all. :puniko_wtf:
After completing the Capricorn's route I'd decided to look for more VNs, but that's another story.

haha Starry Sky disappointed me too, but mostly because Tsukiko is a doormat MC. Plus the lack of eyes on CGs kinda creeped me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nightfall35 wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
thebreaker2 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ106740 ver 2
RJ132271 ver 2.02
RJ130405 ver 1.04
RJ127061 ver 1.06
RJ114347 ver 1.10
RJ086550 ver 1.24

All download links are dead
Please could you reupload these using mexa.sh link?
trenx wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, any chance of getting this game?

妻の面影残る娘に、疼く欲情 ~俺のモノで教えてやる!~ アパタイト https://www.dlsite.com/pro/work/=/product_id/VJ01002091.html

Thanks for your time
pin13 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, do you think you can upload this please?

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
Ghiaccio wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello.
Is it possible to reupload the RJ336575?