The lurking people on AS~

~SnowAngel~

~♥RadiantHeart♥~
Contributor
Mar 24, 2012
Next questions~ Why would you visit another person's profile and not say anything to them? Why do you think other people do that? What do you think makes more people decide to visit your profile? If you had more control over your profile, what would you do?

how did you find this place, why did you become interested, annnd what do you like about this place the most?

---
I just find it interesting how there's soooo many people that have an account just to get what they want~
We get thousands of visitors everyday, and hundreds of users log on all the time, yet only a small number of them will say anything.

What are the odds of a person being active for 24 hours? (ex: 1 hour a day for 24 days).
Why do some feel like they need to make an introduction, but never make more than a few posts?

simple guesstimations are fine~

at this time, there are 83 members and 1776 guests online. For every member, there are 21 guests.

in 24 hours: 62861 guests and 1926 members have been online. For every member, 32 guests were online.
average: 27 guests per member.

The question is, how many of these members have less than 30 posts? That would lower the numbers significantly.

According to the member list (found in the "community" toolbar) there are about 570 members with at least 30 posts. There are about 270 out of 26788 members with 100 posts. For every 100 members, 1 has 100 posts.

Could I say that there is a 1% chance of a newly registered members to actively post? (probably not :P)

So some interesting questions:
why did they start posting?
why did they stop posting?

Non of this is seriously important btw~ just curious

images

Last edited:
well it could be countless reasons XD

one is they don't want to register

two is they don't want to sign right now

three they want to harass frank

9/5/2012 5 am here "There are currently 1835 users online. 73 members and 1762 guests" ._.

I'll go grab some food, I don't think we have enough for 1762 guests!

hmm...i think most of them just want to download games or ovas and never bother posting in different
section, and they start posting to say thanks or if have technical problem with some games or OVA

hmm...i think most of them just want to download games or ovas and never bother posting in different
section, and they start posting to say thanks or if have technical problem with some games or OVA

Basically hit and run lol (I feel ashamed, because I was doing the exact same thing V.V)

there might be other people like me who register a long time ago, but then suddenly become active~
of course, all reasons are different and unpredictable :P

Hmm i joined to thank uploaders and say happy anniversary~ Then i found the spams and just started posting xD No idea why really~
People who stopped spamming just got bored i think? Theres quite a few other things to do that spam would take away from~
This site is mostly for downloading i feel... and that is how and why people come here~ Those that made an intro... well a fraction of them are interested enough to post around the forum and maybe get into the spams~

hmm...hit and run..lol..that's what i do too actually:wasclose:

yeah...i became interesting in spamming just recently although i joined this forum last year^^

Hmm i joined to thank uploaders and say happy anniversary~ Then i found the spams and just started posting xD No idea why really~
People who stopped spamming just got bored i think? Theres quite a few other things to do that spam would take away from~
This site is mostly for downloading i feel... and that is how and why people come here~ Those that made an intro... well a fraction of them are interested enough to post around the forum and maybe get into the spams~

Sam`s origin story. The truth behind a legend...kinda.

As for the posting thing, (ya know, the topic of this thread that I just blatantly ignored to make a joke at sam) I`d say most of them came here to download something and then left. I do that constantly. Just did a few hours ago. In fact, just last week I went looking for a download and came upon a site that had it. You needed to register first so I thought "sure, why not?". Turns out I had already registered there a year ago to download something else and completely forgot about it. o.O

I don't have anything to say most of the time, so i usually post only when i already am online, rather than to log in just to make one post.

I used to spam post a lot in the forum, back before Sam joined in, until I took a kunai in my knee([MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION] threw it).
Now I just check the General section and Tech Support section. Sometimes I visit the spam section just to taunt sam. He don't like to be hug.

I first came across ASF when I was searching for the Holy Grail Macross Frontier's OST. Then I was feeling interested with the forum due to it's contents and friendly members. Then I joined up.
Before that I was a ronin, so to say, since I lost my old clan's forum and became a wanderer in cyberworld. And now ASF is my latest home.

I joined a while back, and then much much later made an introduction thread. I posted sporadically after that, then just kinda stopped.

I'm a very shy person, both in real life and online. I never really "fit in" on forums and I tend to only post when I have something worth posting or if I have a question, either of which I rarely (if ever) do. So I usually end up becoming a lurker on 90% of the forums I frequent.

i just signed up to throw a snowball at kacta's head :goodtea:

:wtf: OI.

anyways... i have [MENTION=352]wuhugm[/MENTION] to thank for getting me into this whole music thing. always camped his music compilation threads over at hf, and when that went down, i followed him to here. i was still a true lurkerleecher back then, but one day saw asl was recruiting, signed up, and became a slave and the rest is history

thanks again [MENTION=352]wuhugm[/MENTION] for inspiring me way back when

Hit & Run on DD <--- Is the first time i hear about it.

There are countless reasons why an user start and then stop posting in forums, it can be just that he wants to give a inner glance to the community and see how it reacts to his activity, and so, decide if he stay as active user or just disappear.
Also the quality of comments an user receive in a post can be decisive, many people don't like to receive useless replies on his pots and if he do, the user will create a bad general image of the community and as consequence he just won't come back.
Another aspect that an user can take in consideration is which parts or sub-forums are more active, if he see that the sub-forums in which he has interest are not very active but, other parts not very useful are much more active, he can perceive that the community is not really interested in create debate or discussions in the topics he wants to, like here in AS, we can see that the most active topics are in the Spam Section but, in the Anime Sections most topics don't have more than 10 pages, this can be a bad image to new users.

Personally since the mere beginning in this forum i stated that my intention wasn't to be a spammer, therefore, my # of post is very low and always come back 'cause in here the quality of material is high and i like to have my music in FLAC.

Greetings!!.

I joined a while back, and then much much later made an introduction thread. I posted sporadically after that, then just kinda stopped.

I'm a very shy person, both in real life and online. I never really "fit in" on forums and I tend to only post when I have something worth posting or if I have a question, either of which I rarely (if ever) do. So I usually end up becoming a lurker on 90% of the forums I frequent.

You just basicly described my personality not even one thing is missing,also I got so nervous around girls to the point where I feel dizzy and everything goes slowmotion :blushing:

Not even a lurker, just a leecher. I allow nothing to cut into my eroge time.

^I also happen to be the quiet one in school too.

I guess some people like to look around but have nothing they want to say or want to read what other people say about a topic for shits, giggles, and wtfs. (I do that when i'm bored after finishing mah eroge on another forum.)
Also I prefer the term creeping~

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

AUO wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi is there Can you reupload this?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01042053.html

Could you please upload this game?I have spent months searching for it, but no luck at all.
Sirvipe235 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.

Do you think you could upload this game? Youv'e uploaded one by the studio before and i can't find this online anywhere.
Sirvipe235 wrote on ramori's profile.

Do you think you could upload this game? It was by a studio whose game you have uplaoded before!
Sirvipe235 wrote on HentaiCovid's profile.

Excuse me but could you upload this game? You uploaded onebyt he same studio before.