Can we please stop the bad file hosts?

be_human

Dec 20, 2023
MixDrop
UploadHaven
MEGA
WorkUpload
Pixeldrain

This site is great for sharing games that cant be found on other sites like: sukebei / otomi-games / hentai-sharing.net / f95zone

But download options here are terrible.
If you really need money from referrals or whatever, i suggest you drop 1000$ into some low-risk passive income option such as ETFs, cryptocurrency hedge funds or crypto token staking with a monthly return of 5~15%, instead of using boomer file hosts with internet speeds of decades ago, no offense.

Reactions: PussyHunter69
If you pay for the creation of uncensored versions in Japanese = then there will be a high chance of using the file-sharing sites you mentioned.
And since it's not just games being shared here, who will pay to buy new volumes of manga/novels/VN etc.?

You want everything for free and let others pay for it... You're so sneaky.

You want everything for free and let others pay for it... You're so sneaky.
The website is named "Anime Sharing".
If you aren't interested in sharing and all you care about is money, why are you even here?

I agree that there's a lot of room for improvement with the direct downloads. They're always my last resort after I can't find something anywhere else.
I can understand that if something is pirated you can't just host it anywhere willy nilly, but people here seem gung ho for using terrible websites even when it isn't necessary. If a game is freeware you don't need to use some weird shitty terrible trash garbage file hosting service.

The website is named "Anime Sharing".
If you aren't interested in sharing and all you care about is money, why are you even here?

I agree that there's a lot of room for improvement with the direct downloads. They're always my last resort after I can't find something anywhere else.
I can understand that if something is pirated you can't just host it anywhere willy nilly, but people here seem gung ho for using terrible websites even when it isn't necessary. If a game is freeware you don't need to use some weird shitty terrible trash garbage file hosting service.

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/garbro.1405071 is as an example.
To create these 4 VNs without censorship me already need to find a coder-hacker, and he will do the job for free?
Services of such people start from hundreds of dollars ...
I maintain a database of VN walks, and this includes:
1. System administration of the server on which the base is located - the official rate of payment of the system administrator 40 euros. (I do it myself and for free)
2. Writing walkthroughs (can take tens of hours or weeks) - the official rate of payment for this no one has not published. (I do this on my own and for free)
3. writing a code to enter the base walks - costs not 1 cent.
etc. (I do it myself and for free).

I also fix old VNs for free so they can run on modern Windows 10 X64 systems. (I do it myself and for free)

I publish new volumes of manga and novellas, as well as over 200 Japanese VNs I rebuilt to make them uncensored (again for free).

No I still need to have experience seo manager, so that on patreon and other sites people can thank me. Otherwise, no one will not give even a cent, which proved the base (more than 7 months ago it was launched and no one even a cent thanked, only from 3000 people a month base visit)

This is without taking into account remasters of old games in HD (again I do for free for all languages, even if the game was released in 7 or more languages and there is a separate game for each language).

Nowadays 99% of all studios in the west don't do that (only in Asia you can still find such cases).

That I do little?
No, people like you will never get enough of what I do (no matter how hard me work), Bobby Kotick, log in to your account.

Hey everyone,

I understand that there are some strong feelings being expressed here, and I want to ensure that our community remains a place of mutual respect and understanding. I rarely step into these discussions, but I believe it's important to address the concerns raised.

Firstly, here at Anime-Sharing, we truly believe in the spirit of sharing, which is why we provide download links that are accessible to all users, including those who do not wish to pay for a premium account. While the download speeds for free accounts might be limited, we strive to ensure that you can still enjoy a vast array of games and content without any mandatory fees.

It's also worth noting our policy that requires every uploader and contributor to include free user download options. This policy sets us apart from other sites you might know (like certain site starting with "ryuu...") that place some content behind a paywall. We actively discourage paywall-protected content and take action against any member who attempts to implement such restrictions. I'm puzzled as to why we're seen in a negative light when our policies are designed to be open and user-friendly.

I understand the frustration with download speeds on free accounts. However, consider the broader picture: these speeds 100KB-500KB/s, while not lightning-fast, still allow access to content that might otherwise be unavailable anywhere. We encourage the use of tools like Jdownloader2 to streamline and manage your downloads effectively.

For those who find themselves downloading frequently and feel restricted by the free tier limits, there's the option of a premium account. At $50 for 180 days, this is less than $9 per month, which is more affordable than many other services, even your daily morning coffee cost more. It's an opportunity to support the platform while enjoying unrestricted access to content for half a year.

If you really need money from referrals or whatever, i suggest you drop 1000$ into some low-risk passive income option such as ETFs, cryptocurrency hedge funds or crypto token staking with a monthly return of 5~15%, instead of using boomer file hosts with internet speeds of decades ago, no offense.

Perhaps those who find a $9/month premium account a bit steep could consider putting their own $1,000 into some of those low-risk passive income options you mentioned. A return of 5~15% monthly could easily cover the cost of a premium account, and then some?

I appreciate the contributions and the passion of all members, including the invaluable efforts of our uploaders like Lebedev, who go the extra mile to provide uncensored content and maintain our database. Let's remember that behind each avatar is a person dedicating time and resources, often without financial reward, to help keep our community vibrant.

Reactions: brenokk
Most uploaders here do it to earn some money and these filehosts are all premium user focused. The only one I actually use here since the free download speed is totally fine and reasonable is mexashare. But stuff like ddownload is totally vile like 30kbps... Unusuable as free user. There were even hosts that outright do not work for me since they have captchas that are never considered correct on my end.

Mexashare has a significant disadvantage, only 6 gigabytes allows you to download for free per day from one IP.

Mexashare has a significant disadvantage, only 6 gigabytes allows you to download for free per day from one IP.
True but I rarely ever reach the limit and would never with these other free hosters with 100kbps and less.

True but I rarely ever reach the limit and would never with these other free hosters with 100kbps and less.

There is another way to add free 1-2 gigabytes on Mexashare (those who used jdownloader first version still know about it (I still used it from the first version)).
No one prevents you from downloading one file from one file-sharing site, the second from the second, etc. (jdownloader all allows, if the developers have written it in the java scripts).

within 72 hours I rebuilt 12 VN on a very capricious engine ExHibit (I had to check the performance 3 times and more), I will not mention the fact that I had to convert images from format to format, so that the engine could recognize them afterwards (and this is more than 10000 images) = that I do not have the right for my work and knowledge, even for a small reward?

And since there are no other options but to receive remuneration for labor through file-sharing, your indignation should be more specific.

To share a manga/novella, you think everything is in an accessible format for you?
1. There is DRM, to remove it must use special software (and it costs money, developers for free do not work)
2. Convert through special software (I have to have 4 different versions of it because not for every volume any version will fit) = it takes time.

Again this is not considered by you for labor.

Or neural network will do everything for you, so I have an example:
Dungeon Siege Legendary Mod (port of fans from one engine to another engine), for it made HD textures purely through neural network (everything in it put and let it do everything for them).
The output was hundreds of defective textures out of thousands.
And in order not to have a marriage was enough through a special program to see the code of each texture, write it down and put to each separately texture and then pull out of the format DirectX Microsoft, processed by neural network and then on the basis of the written out codes back to encode.

A lot of similar examples that require manual labor and it can not be automated, and manual labor and knowledge at least some reward worth.

People who work on this forum and their work is visible, please do not put on the same level with the rest of the pure downloaders.

Reactions: AlfredHeslin
I really wonder what the big idea is. Even if you have to wait about 10-20 hours to finish downloading all of the parts of a Visual Novel, there is no way you can just play it through in that amount of time (unless it's a short Nukige without much of a story or a really old game that only has 3-10 hours of story due to disk capacity in the pre-DVD era).

I agree that it's bad for archiving purposes (I myself collect a lot of VNs and archive them on my external HDDs to play over the course of the years) but it's still better than betting on torrents that might be dead or full of malware/viruses/trojans.

I'm thankful that people upload Visual Novels and over time, one by one, these can wander into my collection while I can spend my money on Doujin Music and Switch releases of Visual Novels instead of buying the cat in the bag (and the quality of the few left-over VN-maker companies has deteriorated considerably post 2010, just like the one of the Animation studios for TV Anime, but at least these are "free" to watch on Television so you know what you're buying afterwards compared to the little insight that the trial versions of VNs provide).

In many cases, free filehosts don't last long. I have used some free filehosts, such as Zippyshare or AnonFiles, but the both are already closed.

in case you don't know, people that uploading and running this site is not elon musk or any billionaire that have so much free time and so much money to spend on that they can afford to just share anything for free without wanting small payment (not from you but from file hosting sites of course).

everything literally free and not behind any paywall what so ever just be patience when you can't afford or not able to buy the things or even can't get premium account at file hosting sites.

also your words are 100% offense and you know it that's why you put "no offense" there, instead of complaining like spoiled ungrateful brat how about thanking the uploader maybe they will upload at the file hosting you like because you thank them.

I understand that buying the games will cost money and not everyone will donate so some ppl will need referal from slow file hosters.
From what i've seen from other eroge sharers, they use shortened links with ads (ouo/adshrink/adfly) to earn money this way, and then they put some faster file hosters like pixel drain/go file. (which i think is free for both the uploader/downloader)
I feel like this way both sides can be happy, the devs with support/us with faster download speed
(if one shortened link doesn't make enough money compared to the file hoster referals, you could always hook the shortned link into another shortened link, like Paste download link into ouo. Paste ouo link into adshrink)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25