The lurking people on AS~

I joined a while back, and then much much later made an introduction thread. I posted sporadically after that, then just kinda stopped.

I'm a very shy person, both in real life and online. I never really "fit in" on forums and I tend to only post when I have something worth posting or if I have a question, either of which I rarely (if ever) do. So I usually end up becoming a lurker on 90% of the forums I frequent.

The same applies to me, to a certain extent.

In fact, I had great times spamming around, but I gradually stopped posting mostly because of real life affairs. Being unable to keep up with the flow of discussions, I just became a lurker who comes here once in a while to read the threads on the top of the list.

The same applies to me, to a certain extent.

In fact, I had great times spamming around, but I gradually stopped posting mostly because of real life affairs. Being unable to keep up with the flow of discussions, I just became a lurker who comes here once in a while to read the threads on the top of the list.

Hmm dont disappear just yet ;p Im still not done with that little project i started for the first contest~ Probably wont be for quite a while at the rate im working :/

I was once a lurker then was promoted to pervert, now I'm a perverted lurker.:D

I never came here for the downloads...I came here for the people! I post when I'm not busy ^^

New Question~

If a few hundred members suddenly started posting lots per day, how would that effect AS?
Would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

:goodtea:

Hmm no idea xD Depends on their posts? I probably wouldnt be able to get to know everyone quite like i do atm... Ill hope to still be able to keep it a nice warm community but that depends on the people joining... Hmm actually this sounds a lot like that aprils fools thing that they pulled xD Tons of people joined though only a few actually posted more than a couple...

Hmm i suppose that might be... hope theres more females around than there is now cuz that male vs female thread is just going downhill xD

I think it would kinda be a disaster really~ since ppl would post like there's no tomorrow, and there will be 10+ posts when you refresh the page. I've been in a place like that. By the time I would finish writing something, 1-2 pages went by~
soo unless you're really popular... you can't expect to know others that well :f which would make me sad x_x

btw, i don't really think it's too significant enough to compare girls and guys~ but I'll try to later say why :P
I do admit that the way they think will be different, but overall~

Hmm there are times when pages just fly by here xD Conversations just get confusing~

Hit and run? I agree I do that but believe me, if there was a fee or something to be here I would definitely do it, the pros of been a member far outweight the cons of not being one. I would even support the transfer to a new forum or server in case this forum suffered the same fate as another forum which name will not be mentioned (Knock on wood).

102049 Users have visited the forum. 2276 members and 99773 guests

new record I believe

hmm....more guests are lurking, maybe cause there are many games and ovas are realesed

right now;p

well, some people only sign in to search anime / music and download it..

I kinda stopped lurking a bit now. I still can't say I'm very active, but the people here are really cool and it makes me want to post more. ^_^

Guess I'm one of the very few that didn't start out as a lurker then. :goodtea:

Originally joined for a music request, but became active in about a week or so after I finished my first year of Uni. And here I am now. :goodtea:

i find it strange how there's some ppl that will be pretty active for about a month and then later just leave~ :goodtea:
I wonder why they do that :f

i find it strange how there's some ppl that will be pretty active for about a month and then later just leave~ :goodtea:
I wonder why they do that :f

Have you consider that it can be caused by the forum and not a direct action made by the users.
As i said before, many users take in consideration what are the sections more active of a forum, to eventually decide if they keep active on it.

Users who are viewing this thread