The lurking people on AS~

Hmm a month... that more than quite a few others who dont really do anything but lurk xD

I'm still a lurker.... Don't let that 99.7% activity fool you.... I just don't log on when I'm browsing for anime/music to DL.....

I used to be a lurker till I signed up ^^

[MENTION=23111]Slayn312[/MENTION]...I know your a lurker lol

Problem?

I started posting because I was interested in the site and I knew some of the people behind it from other sites. I stopped posting because I lost interest and now I just want my fap material and lolis.

Still, my legacy will continue forever!

I'm a newcomer to posting, although I've lurked for a bit (yes, I admit it.)

It's a typical pattern on forums. Folks lurk, and some eventually join. Some get active, some just say "thanks."

I joined because in the course of my lurking, I noticed some threads that interest me. I don't know how active I'll be, but I won't limit my posts to "thanks." :)

that's probably one plus to have for the forums~ :goodtea:
Some people like some interesting topics, some like to enjoy themselves, etc.~
The move that's available here, the more people that might stay a while?
but I'm still wondering about the ppl that are heavily active for a month or so, but then just stop coming x_x

Hmm for a month or so :goodtea: I do think that would refer to quite a few of the spammers ;p

I lurk/post in discussion forums for the most part. Have avoided the spam ones I guess.

Although I've found myself using the anime section as a quick and easy way to grab some old series I couldn't find elsewhere.

corocoro has posted a lot of stuff, heh.

Last edited:
The reason I signed in is to discuss in the eroge conner but it turned out there is so little talk that I don't even bother post anymore.

^ ^
i know that feel... at first, i joined in this forum just for the eroge, so i was lurking for about a month, i found out that there are some interesting threads besides the eroges but i'm still feeling uncomfortable when i was about to post something :(

Sammy bites and Shiki cuts lines~
Shouldn't be afraid to talk with us, we are epic weird but interesting to talk to~ ;p
But I'm always lurking~ :3

i'm not afraid to talk....... a bit afraid actually..
Sometimes it's hard to post something :alonescared: on a thread because you're just scared that the others didn't accept you

Some criminal hit me with a mention again. This is outrageous. =/ =\ =/

The reason I've been trying to kill lurkers is because I want to encourage members to post and have interaction with one another. Talking (spamming) in the spam section is fine, but I'd love to see us talk about eroge too. XD I don't want it to be the kind of community that is swarmed with download links, questions and thank you posts. That kind of place is seemingly full of activity, but is actually empty inside. I think that's not our goal.

/me continues to plan more plans that will help his plan to eliminate all lurkers

Some criminal hit me with a mention again. This is outrageous. =/ =\ =/

The reason I've been trying to kill lurkers is because I want to encourage members to post and have interaction with one another. Talking (spamming) in the spam section is fine, but I'd love to see us talk about eroge too. XD I don't want it to be the kind of community that is swarmed with download links, questions and thank you posts. That kind of place is seemingly full of activity, but is actually empty inside. I think that's not our goal.

/me continues to plan more plans that will help his plan to eliminate all lurkers

Unfortunately, the forums I've seen are pretty much all like that; 50,000 lurkers; 500 active members.

But lurkers are needed, since most of the active members were likely once lurkers. Someone gets to know the place, decides they want to participate, and gets active.

Even if only 1 in 100 lurkers become active members, that's new blood for the forum.

New blood... hmmm... why am I suddenly thinking of Rosario to Vampire? :evillaugh:

[MENTION=87]Frankincense[/MENTION]; Hey wait... How did my name get into your quote?

Investigates... ohhh, I see! :surprise:

Last edited:
There was once a time I was a lurker.... J/K.... I stumble upon this site looking for stuff then look through it for a bit.... Then notice the badge... I sign up for that.... Best badge ever.... :desire:

According to my many years of forum experience all over the net... people usually show up just to download games.
Many are not interested in sharing opinions with others in the way that a internet board encourages, so not receiving
enough feedback, they feel discouraged and then leave.
There are cases when people make an account and only turn into regular users years after.

There is another point to be taken into consideration. Being active its a highly time consuming activity. I mean, i spend like 2 minutes or so writing this, even when i doubt that someone will ever read it and reply.

Either way, if they dont care about joining its their loss, not yours. Period.

[MENTION=36246]Lord Zero[/MENTION]; i understand...i do not have any forum experience, but i tried to blend with the community. I think that the thing that create lurkers is their motive. I already had my VN/Anime/loli Hentai source so i only came here to discuss with people. I think that getting people involved is important for the forum, that's why we should scout them from the introductions forum.
The problem is rather obvious, so there's no need to analyze it. We need solutions!

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=36246]Lord Zero[/MENTION] ; that kind of things also happened to me in my previous internet forum experiences, + there were also cyber bullying, and because of that i always feeling uncomfortable when i was about to post something. but that was the past.. now i'm trying to have more contact with another member in the internet community. but going online or having an activities in the internet community is a time consuming :sigh: but i think as long as i enjoyed it it's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Thought I was going to post often.
In the end, i didn't.
So i just wander from forum to forum reading posts.
<--------- date

[MENTION=36246]Lord Zero[/MENTION] ; that kind of things also happened to me in my previous internet forum experiences, + there were also cyber bullying, and because of that i always feeling uncomfortable when i was about to post something. but that was the past.. now i'm trying to have more contact with another member in the internet community. but going online or having an activities in the internet community is a time consuming :sigh: but i think as long as i enjoyed it it's fine.

To be honest im one of those types that regard online stuff as meaninless. So i cant understand the very idea of
"bulliying". I been witness of legions of denizens that suddenly leave the forum they regarded as their second home for years
because they had bad relationships with some individuals.
I may be wrong, but i was teached that while punches hurt, words do not.

Then again, i dont mean to diminish your pain in any way. Im sorry if i do sound insensitive to your pain, but as i just stated
im unable to understand it.

I Thought I was going to post often.
In the end, i didn't.
So i just wander from forum to forum reading posts.
<--------- date

Well, you are posting NOW are you not ? ^_-

I think it heavily influenced by how interested an individual really is. After that how much that individual wants to join the community.

the involvement of the mods is also a little important~ :runhappy:
I mean, even if they can only afford a couple posts every once in a while~ it would feel better to see them participate in a game or conversation like they used to :P

I like how they are willing to change things too~ unlike some other places, or heavy-rules that make no sense :deadsad:
hmmmmm maybe we could have an appreciation day for them :P it could be on the founding day~ buuuut naaaa :f

anyways~ good topics, helpful things and just stuff people would search for would help~ the more content we have, the more likely people might stay for some time. ummm I thought about, what if we had a foreign language place other than japanese~ some indosian places i saw had that, but they got rid of it for some reason >.<

anyway~ having some thoughts to improve this place wouldn't hurt~ thooo it's hard to do things by yourself x-x

I think I mentioned before~ would if it were a bad thing to have too many people? it may call for some major changes :f
especially with the way things are changing on the internet.

wellllll that would be like non-involving with asf right? that's like re-directing to another website to play a game. and I don't think that hosting those games here would help :f

You mean lurkers have to come out of lurking to participate!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

yaweeangel wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello!! can you please reupload mexashare for 裸のおくりもの, I appreciate it very much!!!
sikany wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi Could you update "RJ01128508" for 3/14?