Star Trek VS Star Wars

Star Trek VS Star Wars, which is better?

• Star Trek

Votes: 50 45.0%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 61 55.0%

• Total voters
[MENTION=41234]T-ELOS[/MENTION]; Quentin Tarantino doing a Star Trek movie?

He could star Uma Thurman as Uhura.

:laughpanda:

Edit: And he could call the movie, Star Trek: Kill Bill Shatner :evillaugh:

Last edited:
[MENTION=41234]T-ELOS[/MENTION]; Quentin Tarantino doing a Star Trek movie?

He could star Uma Thurman as Uhura.

Edit: And he could call the movie, Star Trek: Kill Bill Shatner :evillaugh:

lol, I'd like to see that.

In all seriousness though, Tarantino makes quality films, and he is a huge fan of the series. Has the potential to be something special if made right.

lol, I'd like to see that.

In all seriousness though, Tarantino makes quality films, and he is a huge fan of the series. Has the potential to be something special if made right.

He does have an excellent sense of story structure.

Just saw The Last Jedi.

Have to admit, it was a decent movie. Wayyyy better than TFA.

If the story quality keeps up, SW IX Should be a good finale to Star Wars.

I saw the last Jedi too.

Safe of spoiler : Better than The Force Awaken but there are some little thing that bugs me :

- the gap between episode VII and episode VIII isn't well explain. I don't understand how, from TFA we could now be in this situation. And since TFA doesn't explain it's geo-political situation we are still in the middle of the mist.
- some useless moment with a Harry Potter-like trip.
- I don't like when Star Wars look too much like our world and the Harry Potter-like trip is full of that.
- Some really weird or unlogocal scene. Bomber are very slow now, but very very. Why the First Order never go before the rebellion to cut their road ?
- Why put slow motion and stop time. Star Wars have his own montage's code.
- The Force is now way too powerfull.

All of that is minor and could be overlooked if there was punch in the gut moment. Rogue One was so-so but the last part is so awesome that it doesn't matter. The Last Jedi is not like that.

The last Jedi is not perfect but for a Star Wars we could have better.

Reactions: trtlatstewa
Just saw The Last Jedi.

Have to admit, it was a decent movie. Wayyyy better than TFA.

If the story quality keeps up, SW IX Should be a good finale to Star Wars.

seems to have very good critic reviews, but very bad user reviews.

Wouldn't even pirate these new Star Wars movies, they're not good in any sense. Disney and the movie director chose the wrong concept and they're now picking up the fruits of their products.
They got for the second movie something like 93/100 from movie critics, fan base gave only 55/100 (rotten tomatoes), I consider that more honest approach myself.
I'm long time SW enthusiast one of my friends works for Dark Horse Comics currently, I'm now considering moving out of the fan base, I can't really recommend it to anyone...
If you have something positive to say about it, I can tell you only, just look at the mirror. :mafiaboss:

Last edited:
Wouldn't even pirate these new Star Wars movies, they're not good in any sense. Disney and the movie director chose the wrong concept and they're now picking up the fruits of their products.
They got for the second movie something like 93/100 from movie critics, fan base gave only 55/100 (rotten tomatoes), I consider that more honest approach myself.
I'm long time SW enthusiast one of my friends works for Dark Horse Comics currently, I'm now considering moving out of the fan base, I can't really recommend it to anyone...
If you have some positive to say about it, I can tell you only, just look at the mirror. :mafiaboss:

Have not seen either, they killed of the extended universe just so the og cast could be in it just to ruin luke,according to what i read luke becomes an even bigger wuss than he was...nope i take it back he is NOW a wuss and they hand off his role to the new Ray char

So yeah not only did they kill the Extended universe they did it for no reason at all since the old chars are just being swept to the side anyway...yup no Grand Master Luke, No Mara Jade,No Twins and Lowbacka and young Jedi knights or new jedi order,Thrawn Saga...the question of what you do with someone like Kyp Durron...all those interesting stories,chars...

Not a surprise really that the movies are not as good as the books...I always thought the kotor 1 and 2 games were better than all the movies as well

Have not seen either, they killed of the extended universe just so the og cast could be in it just to ruin luke,according to what i read luke becomes an even bigger wuss than he was...nope i take it back he is NOW a wuss and they hand off his role to the new Ray char

So yeah not only did they kill the Extended universe they did it for no reason at all since the old chars are just being swept to the side anyway...yup no Grand Master Luke, No Mara Jade,No Twins and Lowbacka and young Jedi knights or new jedi order,Thrawn Saga...the question of what you do with someone like Kyp Durron...all those interesting stories,chars...

Not a surprise really that the movies are not as good as the books...I always thought the kotor 1 and 2 games were better than all the movies as well

New movies reflect current time and the political shift, I just wanted that to not get involved in the recent movies, it's a way of escapism but gives something new to think.
Point of the Star Wars now is to make money and not entertain most of the people who have watched all 6 movies,
it's just quick cash scheme made for people who don't enjoy ''deeper'' story of Star wars, new watchers don't seem to care whether the originality stays believable in the long run.
Kotor is always good subject, but I can't trust these companies handling them properly.

(Got a signature of Drew Karpyshyn's in late 2013, to my Revan -Kotor/Legends book) Well that doesn't matter, does it?

Last edited:
I wonder if this poll will have a major shift towards Trek now. I mean, after ep 8.........the galaxy isn't the same and probably never will be for better after that whole mess of story telling (for a star wars movie/story).

I wonder if this poll will have a major shift towards Trek now. I mean, after ep 8.........the galaxy isn't the same and probably never will be for better after that whole mess of story telling (for a star wars movie/story).

Nice thing is, whether one prefers ST or SW, most of us probably watch both, :)

I've uncovered a fascinating bit of ST-TOS trivia!

When Star Trek was cancelled after three seasons, Gene Roddenberry proposed a new sitcom for TV. He had actors lined up and a pilot script written.

Unfortunately, the network turned him down, and then ripped off Gene's idea, hired the lead actor Roddenberry had cast, and rewrote the script.

The show went on to become a huge hit, and a TV classic, but sadly, Gene Roddenberry never got credit or any royalties.

Here is a still photo from the Roddenberry show that could have been the Star Trek of sitcoms!

Sanford and Khan

[MENTION=41234]T-ELOS[/MENTION];

I've uncovered a fascinating bit of ST-TOS trivia!

When Star Trek was cancelled after three seasons, Gene Roddenberry proposed a new sitcom for TV. He had actors lined up and a pilot script written.

Unfortunately, the network turned him down, and then ripped off Gene's idea, hired the lead actor Roddenberry had cast, and rewrote the script.

The show went on to become a huge hit, and a TV classic, but sadly, Gene Roddenberry never got credit or any royalties.

Here is a still photo from the Roddenberry show that could have been the Star Trek of sitcoms!

Sanford and Khan

[MENTION=41234]T-ELOS[/MENTION];

haha! That's pretty good.

Reactions: Leggy
I can't vote because there are no one "Draw" vote..i like really both.
Star wars is more like war between good and evil and then Star trek is more like explores and science,right?

so i vote ½-½ :-)

Anyone here watching Colony? It's actually pretty good. Watched season 1-2 so far on Netflix.

Basically overall story is aliens invaded, and divided earths major cities behind huge walls, basically each a separate colony. Pretty interesting so far. Decided to give it a shot and enjoyed it.

Danm, my country netflix don't have Colony yet..really want watch that after you wrote "aliens invaded" lol
i like a lots with aliens invasion other race some like with "V",falling skies and Defiance etc.

I have only watched Falling Skies from the ones you mentioned. I think Colony is better imo, but it's very different as well

Watched Terminator 2 again today, so just gonna leave this here.

[MENTION=41234]T-ELOS[/MENTION]; Ohhh, so you want to bring The Terminator into the SW/ST mix...

Okayyyy...

Sorry for the double post... new, breaking news!

The 90 minute finale of the Star Wars Rebels series will be airing this Monday, at 8:30 pm, EST!

After watching the noble death of one of the main characters a couple of episodes ago, we can expect them to pull out all stops for this one!

Who will die, who will survive? How does Ezra (the last active Jedi) fit in? How will they tie up the series to set up Star Wars IV, A New Hope?

Hopefully, all questions will be answered Monday, March 5!

A trailer for the finale! Looks wild!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi Otokonoko, would you reupload the links for this one pls? It's all ded.
母娘☓無人島~陵辱長編RPGパック
Morganah wrote on Shine's profile.
Hie, Shine, could you re-upload this game, please?

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/080816-heterodoxy-queen-of-darkness.1083784/

Thank you!
tamanah wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/books/work/=/product_id/BJ01441059.html

BugBug 2024年6月号 [DL版]

Thanks in advance!!
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[210526][屁理屈流通センター] 生えてるから好き! ふたなりレズカップルの何も着ない一日 [RJ328844]

Please reup the above post, Thanks in Advance