Star Trek VS Star Wars

Star Trek VS Star Wars, which is better?

• Star Trek

Votes: 50 45.0%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 61 55.0%

• Total voters
The 90 minute finale of the Star Wars Rebels series will be airing this Monday, at 8:30 pm, EST!

I must watch this whole season. Rebels is'nt as good as Clone Wars but it has his good points and it's still more lore friendly than The Last Jedi.

Reactions: Leggy
I've never watched any of the animated Star Wars shows. If I wanted to, which series should I begin with?

I've never watched any of the animated Star Wars shows. If I wanted to, which series should I begin with?

I strongly recommend Star Wars Rebels. In addition to being very well done, SWR is an official part of the Star Wars cannon. It covers events following SW3, after the Jedi Order has been destroyed, to before SW4, where Luke takes up the rebel cause.

If you want to watch a sample, you might check out the two part season 2 finale, Twilight of the Apprentice (s02e20 & s02e21), a very good story.

You can find it streaming in various places, or if you wish to download it, do a FileFactory search.

The 90 minute series finale will air Monday, 8:30 EST, on Disney DXD. Just noticed, DXD is currently airing a Star Wars Rebels marathon.

I honestly think you will enjoy the series.

I would recommend Clone Wars (the CG one, not the classique animated one). If you liked the clone intervention on Geonosis at the end of episode II or the start of the battle of Coruscant at the very star of episode III that for you.

The Star Wars Rebels finale was well done. A good end to a good series.

Heroism and sacrifice, a noble fight with the Empire to save a planet. Ezra did what he had to do, and now the stage is set for Star Wars IV, A New Hope.

The Clone Wars series took place between SW 2 and SW 3. SW Rebels took place between SW 3 and SW 4.

I wonder if a new series may happen, covering events between SW 6 and SW 7? There's room for it.

I would recommend Clone Wars (the CG one, not the classique animated one). If you liked the clone intervention on Geonosis at the end of episode II or the start of the battle of Coruscant at the very star of episode III that for you.

I strongly recommend Star Wars Rebels. In addition to being very well done, SWR is an official part of the Star Wars cannon. It covers events following SW3, after the Jedi Order has been destroyed, to before SW4, where Luke takes up the rebel cause.

If you want to watch a sample, you might check out the two part season 2 finale, Twilight of the Apprentice (s02e20 & s02e21), a very good story.

You can find it streaming in various places, or if you wish to download it, do a FileFactory search.

The 90 minute series finale will air Monday, 8:30 EST, on Disney DXD. Just noticed, DXD is currently airing a Star Wars Rebels marathon.

I honestly think you will enjoy the series.

Thanks for the advice! Been wanting to watch them for a while now.

Got a 1 month free subscription to CBS All Access, so I am going to watch the first season of Star Trek Discovery. Hope it's at least decent.

Interesting bit of Star Wars trivia. After Return of the Jedi, a theory was explored by fans online. The theory was that Luke turns to the Dark Side. It's even theorized that the ending to SW VI, originally named Revenge of the Jedi, was supposed to be Luke turning, but Lucas changed that for merchandising reasons.

This Huffington Post article details the whole story.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-conery/luke-skywalker-theory-destroys-everything-star-wars_b_8392698.html

Here's a vid that shows what it might have been like. (cute editing, BTW)

Darth Luke (figurine?)

The last three movies could have been TOTALLY different! :surprise:

Been a couple of months for this thread. I blame that on the lack of new SW or ST coming out.

To tide fans over, here's some of the weirdest SW ripoffs that have hit the silver screen over the years.

I think I've actually seen a couple of these!

Oh dear, a new product on the market.

May the Merchandise be with you. :evillaugh:

I can't be proud of owning SW books anymore, disney at least stop giving EA invisible handshake for developing patchinko like games.
Drew Karpyshyn I can at least respect, as author. For me StarWars is only his books + Kotor 1 & 2. No exceptions in my list.
After Anakin turned Darth Vader, it just killed movies for me, there were no real skill in light saber duels (after it) and major minus was pre-existing bad Cgi over use.

That is nice and all but May I suggest a underdog in this debate?

Battlefield Earth

I have never seen Star Trek, so I voted for Star Wars.

actuaally never been a fan and wont really watch i once at comicon got some to explain the difference but i kinda backed while he was circle round and he was still going on about it.

I'm quite a sucker for shows that has a lot of martial arts in them, and in terms of these two (even though kinda unfair as I haven't really watched Star Trek yet) I'd go for Star Wars because swords...

Swords...

You can never have enough Swords.

I like Swords and sword fights.

DX

:smug:

Other than that though, SW is quite quite beautiful; in a sense that I like the philosophies they are presenting in their movies.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"

"Your focus determines your reality"

Among others. Pretty cool~

Oh boy, I heard that Game of Thrones guys will be filling into the Kotor Movie production team, so beware for Dumb and dumber doing a great ''fan service'' movie.
They have made ok job for 7 first season's of GoT but since the book manuscript ended up being too slow they intended to break every good thing within the franchise
-- so what about source material in SW universe, doesn't lookalike good thing for now? We might as well look what past projects these two directors have been involved with.
Enough is enough, do your own research if you feel like it's going to yield something ''potential'', well it's not going to be epic.

Ir's coming out this December, episode 9, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

A year after the events of The Last Jedi, the remnants of the Resistance face the First Order once again—while reckoning with the past and their own inner turmoil. Meanwhile, the ancient conflict between the Jedi and the Sith reaches its climax, altogether bringing the Skywalker saga to a definitive end.

not sure I want to watch another Disney Star Wars film, but might give it a watch when it comes to Redbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this asmr?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls