What do you think of Windows 10?

What do you think of Windows 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Use ~3 years and dont have any problem, create in Eng Win7 and normally work after install driver in Win7jp. And why i need do this and lost my files... 1.79TB and ~500GB on Emu Games Patchs Mods Music, copy to 2 days or lost in format... I better wait driver.

And about Seagate External Drive, New version of Driver has Bug and not were well work with External Drives, you just need use old version program, and all be fine. I read about this problem when search in Seagate forum Diskwizard for Win9. I use DiscWizardSetup-14387.en and dont have any problem.

Last edited:
Are you use BIOS on motherboard?I read about capacity on HDD.Windows can see HDD on MBR disk about 2.2TB but GPT disk can go with 128TB and secure than MBR.You can use HDD utility like partitionwizard or AOEMI Partition Assitant to convert GPT disk.I use this method and Windows can see my 4TB HDD well.You can convert your MBR windows to UEFI Windows without reinstall game and setting.If your motherboard support UEFI and Windows 7 can see more 2.2TB.You don't need SeagateDiskWizard to manage to make Windows can see more 2.2TB in UEFI mode.
Link:
Sorry for write more technically that hard to understand.

Reactions: Tee
yes yes i know about mbr 2TB limit, i have other 2 3TB HDD, in GPT. I just dont see problem to use what i have before not find-out about no Diskwizard for Win9, and like i mention before, i just wait 2 month for new update and program. Half SP1 for Win9 ready for 75%. I just wait. and i not see nothing technical hard. All simple. I more than ~12 Full create - buld PC, for my, if only talk about Processor, and not about MB, VC, Mem... I start from ZXSPectrum48 Load"" :) and for now i5 4570... Maybe in update my PC again in Summer, for now in Ru price rise to 75%, and new Processor not give big + i5 just 5-10%, but i7 reaally good thing but only in some programs, if you not Work in Cad or Code it give you just 5%. Not big deal to change my PC. New AMD VideoCard witch 3d memory REALY good thing to change.

Last edited:
With all the maintaining around it I still managed to hear a ton of bugs that the system has.
Also with that free windows 10 install they are offering I am compelled to think that its like an open beta, I mean com'on since when did Microsoft made windows free besides windows 10.
So no, I am guessing that windows 10 is pretty bad compared to its other counter parts if they had to advertise it as a free upgrade and even an operating system.
but it is only my opinion =P

Hi, all simple. It do for all user use one system, and all start use Microsoft store, buy games, soft, other staff. For now you already need pay, to off advertise in game inside Win9. And forgot something too show advertise and you need buy 1y. It good DirectX12, but soon bee bad, 1y or 2y and you need be pay for 1y Windows Premium Upgrade. Yes, for Win9 you not need pay anymore, if you Updated, in 2015, but after 2016 you need buy like other. And you need buy Prem, or you cant load Upgrade for Win9. All simple Nothing Personal Just Business... Good old word Eh. In Real Life Nothing Give To You For Free.

In my opinion, people who have used windows 8 might find windows 10 more familiar and accessible. However, PC users who use windows 7 or earlier versions will definitely get annoyed or grossed out.
To be honest, I think it's just a matter of fact that PC users are not used to the big jump of layout and all the features from windows 7 to windows 8.

I've seen many negative comments on windows 8 or 10 mostly talk about how they don't find it familiar or easy to work with.
I think it simply needs time for more PC users to start with windows 10.
I think windows 10 is out for free because it's more like a beta version for general users to test it out.

Personally, I've tried it on someone else's computer but I haven't updated my laptop to windows 10 since I am not so sure about some software and programs can be run properly on it...
Also, I highly doubt that majority of the games are compatible with it.

It sounds like a great idea to have it sometime in the future though. I believe most software will be made compatible with windows 10.

I think windows 10 is out for free because it's more like a beta version for general users to test it out.
It's not "free" for everyone and they did the same with Win8.1. And if you consider it like a "beta", then it's an extremely good "beta". Some "features" aren't available for all regions so far (like Cortana), but that's all.

Personally, I've tried it on someone else's computer but I haven't updated my laptop to windows 10 since I am not so sure about some software and programs can be run properly on it...
Also, I highly doubt that majority of the games are compatible with it.
You can check this out easily before upgrading. If you registered for the free upgrade and you get the notification, you can also show which programs and which drivers aren't really compatible with Win10 in the Upgrade Advisor. In my case the only thing that didn't work was my current Touchpad driver from my laptop, but after downloading the newest version it worked fine again.

Furthermore you don't have to fear anything since you can "downgrade" back to Win7/Win8 in the first 30 days without problem.

On a side note, the new browser, Microsoft Edge, is really good. If you have addons installed in Firefox or Chrome, Edge is much faster. So if you're just surfing in the web for news etc., Edge is the way to go.

It's not "free" for everyone and they did the same with Win8.1. And if you consider it like a "beta", then it's an extremely good "beta". Some "features" aren't available for all regions so far (like Cortana), but that's all.

You can check this out easily before upgrading. If you registered for the free upgrade and you get the notification, you can also show which programs and which drivers aren't really compatible with Win10 in the Upgrade Advisor. In my case the only thing that didn't work was my current Touchpad driver from my laptop, but after downloading the newest version it worked fine again.

Furthermore you don't have to fear anything since you can "downgrade" back to Win7/Win8 in the first 30 days without problem.

On a side note, the new browser, Microsoft Edge, is really good. If you have addons installed in Firefox or Chrome, Edge is much faster. So if you're just surfing in the web for news etc., Edge is the way to go.

I didn't say it's free for everyone. I've just simply assumed in general, most of the users can upgrade to windows 10 without spending a penny. Some of my family members don't get to upgrade to Windows 10.
By saying I consider it as a "beta", it means there might be some instability or problems going on, but then they can be quickly fixed as well since Microsoft is still working on it.
In my point, I was simply saying some might want to refrain from running into problems so they decide to stick with the version they are using right now.
I guess I didn't use the words properly or explained it very well.

I've tried looking up with Upgrade Advisor, the report hasn't come out yet for some reason.

I do agree that Microsoft Edge is a great web browser. However, personal preference still comes into play. I've been working with Firefox since web developer tool really helps me visualize the coding for CSS, HTML and such for web design.

Didn't know that you can downgrade for the first 30 days though, thanks for letting me know.

I regret upgrading to Windows 10. It is buggy. Most old programs don't work on Windows 10. Also, if you read privacy terms, you will be shocked. They have access to your webcam, microphone, pc password, what you do on the internet, your personal private folders and files on your computer etc. They store all of that data on a encrypted servers of theirs. I'm definitely downgrading back to Windows 8. Looks like Windows 10 wasn't actually "free." It came with a price.

Last edited:
Reactions: 海原 夏樹
... Also, if you read privacy terms, you will be shocked. They have access to your webcam, microphone, pc password, what you do on the internet, your personal private folders and files on your computer etc. They store all of that data on a encrypted servers of theirs. I'm definitely downgrading back to Windows. Looks like Windows 10 wasn't actually "free." It came with a price.
Do you really think that's not the case with Win7 and Win8? Just because they don't mention it there, doesn't mean it's not the case. Nothing, and I mean really nothing, is private, as long as you're connected with the internet.

The same goes for smartphones. You don't want to know which data Android and Apple collects from your phone.

And no, this should be no fanboy argument for Win10. I used Win7 since early 2010, but hey, I don't see any difference between Win7 and Win10. I never installed Win8 since I hated it since the preview. But yeah, like I said, the "privacy" is the same as in Win7/8. Snowden already told us what everyone knows about us ;)

Do you really think that's not the case with Win7 and Win8? Just because they don't mention it there, doesn't mean it's not the case. Nothing, and I mean really nothing, is private, as long as you're connected with the internet.

The same goes for smartphones. You don't want to know which data Android and Apple collects from your phone.

And no, this should be no fanboy argument for Win10. I used Win7 since early 2010, but hey, I don't see any difference between Win7 and Win10. I never installed Win8 since I hated it since the preview. But yeah, like I said, the "privacy" is the same as in Win7/8. Snowden already told us what everyone knows about us ;)

I know that. xD Nothing is private nowadays. I'm downgrading because I can't run my programs and I really don't care for the world what they can see or can't. For all I care, they can eat my dust.

Hello world. Okay i install Win9 all fine, but one problem changed some controls, hide some function... For test install Q2 all work fine, and Mad Max, car control little awful. Second Win7JP i not update, like i read many old games not work good with Win9.
Okay if you want Update to Win9, what better do before install Win9.
1) You need load your Driver for Win9 if you lazy use this http://drp.su/ Dont forget load new version your Antivirus.
2) You need this too, System software for Windows, Visual С++ - net.FrameWork Etc All in one (Need Registration) https://translate.google.com/ use http://nnm-club.me/forum/viewtopic.php?t=831907 or her Upl.net http://softfreesoft.com/index.php/1/soft/sistema/1199-skachat-system-software-for-windows-2-7-8 or just use search, you can load all manually from Microsoft, but it too long.
Just run Start then press 2 times Далее (Next) and choice what you need. or manually all program just inside. And DONT out from PC when install, Win Request permission for install. Many times.
3) And dont forget copy your Mydocuments just in case or if you do like me, install with dell all Win files. It Really help Del all old, from your old Win. All other files folder, not be Deleted, only Win folders.
4) Load this MediaCreationTool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
And fore future or if you have problem load and create Usb-Dvd. Choice Install in other PC.
Then Run Again And wait, after it load you have get choice keep or not you files, if you want Win9 work good choice Dell all files, it Del only Win created folders, other not Del.
5) Then you Mast run Update and Install Sp1. It were angry Update, and can Del some program or Drivers what Microsoft think, not work with Win9. Just install Sp1 before you start install other staff.
6) After this do Trim if you have SSD or Defrag if you use HDD.
7) Install Driver ReUpload PC
8) Install System software for Windows. ReUpload PC.
9) Install Antivirus. ReUpload PC.
10) Install all other what you want.
11) And, dont forget off sleep mode for HDD, R Mouse B on Start->Power Options->Edit Plan sattings-> change advanced power settings->HDD-> and write never, or 0 and arrow down.-> Apply.
12) Dont forget On Restore. Press Search restore point and choice Disk where Win9 Instaled. And on restore. Just press config and Ok.
13) Better dont use some off Windows trace program your Win9 can be broken, i try and Ess9 just fall. I restore point and all fine, just need again some config restore manual.

All fine. And try press R Mouse B on Start it were usefull.

P.S Little about Q2 i use Mod http://berserker.quakegate.ru/ just unpack in Q2 folder and Run Berserk.exe Full Retextur ~90%, New Effect, some enemy now like Predator, add Cubs for Del body, and sometime Enemy can Revive, it really fun, first time i just dont understand WTF who shot in me back.

Last edited:
Hi, buy New PC and it slow,.. hmm, strange try Update Driver. And if you have antivirus on-Test off- him and run tests. Just press R Mouse B on Start and choice Windows Task Manager and check, maybe something eat you PC. Call friend or someone for check, or just return your Pc back. And what you mean slow, Win9 Slow, Disk Slow, Video card Slow... Maybe in Bios something off, many thing need check...

P.S
And little about Upgrade it in Ru but you can see graphics or just use https://translate.google.com/
It show what give 4->8GB memory HDD->SSD http://www.ixbt.com/cpu/pc-ci3-upto.shtml

Last edited:
Some folks have said they want to wait till a later build comes along, before they install Windows 10.

I installed it a while back. There've been regular updates since, but today Win 10 installed a whole new build on my laptop. Not an update, the latest build of Windows 10.

It might be time to consider installing it, while it's still free.

Nah, not even using windows 8. Win10 even screw up nvidia card on my friend's pc. Win+ right arrow + enter = shutdown, gone. Most should know any other bugs that might happen due to incompatabilit with new stuff, just stay clear.

While I do think some of the drama surrounding win10 has been overblown across the internet (big surprise!) I know it has been banned from a handful of trackers over snooping concerns.

I'm still running win7 sooo :korokke_meh:

I haven't installed it yet. But from what I've heard, I'm not really liking it so I don't see myself upgrading to it any time soon.

Hi, you can do all what you want, but dont forget, for now it free, and soon you need buy... Like i write in first time, just need wait. For now, for me all bug what i find fixed. Yes, some quick configure missed, but nobody del old config menu like in Win7. Really dont know why? Microsoft del some quick confiq... And repeat again and again DO CLEAR INSTALL and all be fine. What i really hate in Win9 it Update, it have only Automatic, if you not use this you cant install ALL UPDATE, what give you WinUpdate, i just can say only WTF???
Some usefully tool
help you with the DPI Scaling for Windows 10 if you have blurry fonts on high DPI.
http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/
Win9Update This Microsoft tool too boring to use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUhFRjjTVDo
This better
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Windows-Update-MiniTool.shtml#sgal_0
Windows 10 Login Changer
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/63920-Windows-10-Login-Changer
Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10
OldNewExplorer is the Win 8-9 shell extension / tweaker which can undo "improvements" to file browsing
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-117/
Personalization Panel for Windows 10 bring back the familiar user interface for personalizing
http://winaero.com/download.php?view.1822
P.S You can use You can not use it not a question it only your decision...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.