Otome games for Nintendo Switch using emulator?

So basically, you hear sound but no graphics? What's your GPU? The game should run fine on both emulators afaik.

It's GeForce GTX 750. At Ryujinx it runs ok just the sound is horrible not edible enough..

It's GeForce GTX 750. At Ryujinx it runs ok just the sound is horrible not edible enough..

Which audio backend are you using on Ryujinx (you can see it in the settings section)?
As for Yuzu, maybe you should try Yuzu newest version, maybe that'll fix the black screen thing.

Which audio backend are you using on Ryujinx (you can see it in the settings section)?
As for Yuzu, maybe you should try Yuzu newest version, maybe that'll fix the black screen thing.

At Ryujinx the audio is can use are Dummy (which I tried and has no sound at all mute, or SoundlO which is the horrible one. For some reason, I cant choose the first option sound OpenAL.

Unfortunately, Yuzu latest version I tried it gave me a black screen :( It used to play the screen a bit with horrible sound but now nothing.. I will try again i guess :(

At Ryujinx the audio is can use are Dummy (which I tried and has no sound at all mute, or SoundlO which is the horrible one. For some reason, I cant choose the first option sound OpenAL.

Unfortunately, Yuzu latest version I tried it gave me a black screen :( It used to play the screen a bit with horrible sound but now nothing.. I will try again i guess :(

Strange....
Try playing in Yuzu 295 with
General Settings:
Limit speed percent: 100%

Graphic settings:
API: OpenGL
enable user disk shader cache
enable use asynchronous GPU Emulation
change Accuracy level: normal
enable Use VSync
enable assembly shaders
disable force 30 fps
enable fast time GPU
Anisotropic Filtering: Default

Audio Settings:
output engine: auto
enable enable audio stretching
Audio device: auto
Volume: 100%

But about OpenAL in Ryujinx, try installing this https://openal.org/downloads/oalinst.zip and see if it works.
Always execute as administrator the emulators.

Reactions: yuuri69
Strange....
Try playing in Yuzu 295 with
General Settings:
Limit speed percent: 100%

Graphic settings:
API: OpenGL
enable user disk shader cache
enable use asynchronous GPU Emulation
change Accuracy level: normal
enable Use VSync
enable assembly shaders
disable force 30 fps
enable fast time GPU
Anisotropic Filtering: Default

Audio Settings:
output engine: auto
enable enable audio stretching
Audio device: auto
Volume: 100%

But about OpenAL in Ryujinx, try installing this https://openal.org/downloads/oalinst.zip and see if it works.
Always execute as administrator the emulators.

Omg thanks a lot!

It runs well on Yuzu 295 just the opening and the story at first doesn't play but after it goes to text (a journalist speaking with the old man) it's perfect.

And thank you a lot for Ryujinx the audio is perfect now and the op plays normally the beginning of the story as well! <3

* If you guys try to download Ryujinx latest versions you need new keys and the newest firmware. Otherwise, it won't work.

You can find the keys here: https://www.pokemoner.com/switch

and here is the firmware: https://darthsternie.net/switch-firmwares/

Ryujinx latest versions here: https://ryujinx.org/download/

Thanks a lot again!

Reposting:
Oh-oh yes, I am sorry... (There are some tutorials on youtube, and I am not very good writing in english, but I will try to help) Ask if it don't work.
***This Guide Can contain writing errors.
Guide Update Date: 08/22/2020| 2020/08/22 | 22/08/2020

How to play on Yuzu:
***!Atention!***: Read Everything!
*Your system need to be x64. See if your computer have the right requirements: https://yuzu-emu.org/help/quickstart/#hardware
*Yuzu also requires the latest versions of Microsoft Visual C++. https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe
*Big games (7gb+) may not install or work.
(I Could not install Amnesia Later x Crowd. Maybe could run without installing it)
*Not all games may work. Like Voltage Inc. games.
*Yuzu support: "We have issues with several visual novels for now."
*Docked Mode makes the game look a bit nice but you can't make choices with the mouse.
*Cutscenes/Cinematics, openings and endings don't work, It's just the audio and black screen.
*Skipping drops fps.
*I have only played English Otome games and tested some JPN (all games are mentioned in this guide; I deleted the JPN games).

1. You need to download the emulator (I recommend to download the non-installer version)
Yuzu 295 version (Otomate games, like Code: Realize, and Collar x Malice, Hakuouki Shinkai: Tsukikage no Shou and Ginsei no Shou, Olympia Soiree work at 60 fps): https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu-ma...-295/yuzu-windows-msvc-20200627-eecf58ec6.zip

Lastest realeases: https://yuzu-emu.org/downloads/ (Manual Download > Windows icon in lastest mainline build)

*The versions are different. Please test your game (and test configurations) in both versions to see how it works!
*Code: Realize in Yuzu 295 works 60 fps, in the latest release 30 fps in general and 2 fps in menu.
*(Game tested a while ago) Brothers Conflict: Precious Baby worked 40+- fps in both versions.
*(Game tested a while ago) Diabolik Lovers Grand Edition and Chaos Lineage don't worked well in both versions (the characters and background don't show up; in ryujinx it's the same problem).

2. You need nintendo switch keys (prod.keys), here for you: https://mega.nz/file/a0FwUAYD#kO5ZB5RSi0iNZcQ5aG2-y008AQ9WEYM3FJshw15ewM4

3. Open Yuzu, upper left "File"> "open yuzu folder", extract the keys.rar on yuzu folder.
The keys need to be in this path: C:\Users\(YOU)\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\keys

4. Close everything, open Yuzu again, now you need the game, it need to be .xci or .nsp (I don't know about .ns/xcz), you can download it here or other sites.
The difference is that the .xci is from cartridges and already have the updates within, .nsp is eshop and you need to install the update separated.

5. You can play by simple add the games folder (if the games are not separated by folders) select the game to play (No need to install the game but need to install Update or/and DLC)
To install a game: upper left "File"> "install File to NAND..." and select the .xci or .nsp file. (In the latest release you can select more than one file to install)
To add an Update or DLC to a Game: "File"> "install File to NAND..." and select the update or/and DLC.
To add a Save to a game: right click in the game “Open Save Data Location”> select the User (Place the saves) and close folder.
To add a Mod: right click in the game “Open Mod Data Location” (Place the Mods) and close.
To add a Shader Cache: "Open Transferable Shader Cache" (place the shaders .bin)
To Remove an update, DLC, mod, Shader Cache, configuration or Game (and everything): right click in the game "Remove"> (Select what do you want to remove.)

6. The Yuzu Settings: upper left "Emulation" > "Configure"
"Graphics": Graphics: OpenGL is better than Vulkan, (enabled) Use disk shader chace, Use asynchronous GPU Emulation; "Advanced": (enabled) Use Vsync, Use assembly shaders (experimental Nvidia OpenGL Only), Use Fast time GPU; (disabled) Use asynchronous shader building (experimental)
"Controls": "Input"> Choose a Controller Configuration = Custom> "Configure"> Player 1 = pro controller> "configure" (Map your controls), You can use mouse to play
To configure a single game different from the global settings: right-click on the game "properties" and configure.

7. OperaHouse games (Ayakashi Koi Gikyoku -Forbidden Romance with Mysterious Spirit-, Iris School of Wizardry -Vinculum Hearts-. Kitty Love -Way to look for love-, Spiral Memoria -The Summer I Meet Myself-, Princess Closet (this game characters graffics bugs a lot), My Bewitching Perfume)
They need to be played with the latest Yuzu emulator, with this settings: upper left "Emulation" > "Configure"
"General" > "General" (enabled) Multicore CPU Emulation (60 fps and plays better)
"Graphics" > "Advanced" Accuracy level = Extreme (very slow) (if you don't change this the background stays black)

8. Yuzu don't need switch firmware to play the otome games, but if you want to play games like Mario Kart 8 you need it. (download the latest)
Download here: https://darthsternie.net/switch-firmwares/
Place the firmware contents here: C:\Users\(YOU)\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\nand\system\Contents\registered

9. You may give feedback about how otome games are working on Yuzu, or about the guide. thanks!

Guys, I came to say that I did the test of some Otomes, the ones in English that I liked the most, and they are all working very well in Yuzu using the tips that YukiBana2000 gave here on the forum.

Now the new version of Yuzu can play the Op and End, i'm using the version 1070, early access, to play:

Ayakashi Koi Gikyoku
Iris School of Wizardry
Kitty Love

They worked really fine with the settings that YukiBana2000 said.

And last but not last:

Collar X Malice - Unlimited
Piofiore Fated

For me worked only with the Yuzu 295 version, with new versions it gets too slow or too fast, but version 295 worked well.

So i wanted to thank YukiBana2000 for help with this, because i don't have money to buy a Switch right now (last year i already bought a Psvita), and this emulator is helping a lot, when i first try didn't worked at all, lol, so thanks.

**My PC settings are 16 GB RAM (dual channel), X64 bit operating system Windows 10, Processor Intel (R) Core (tm) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz to 3.20GHz and Nvidia MX130 2GB**

P.s: I would like to try Ryujinx one day, since they said here that he shows Otomate videos, but I found it very difficult to configure, so no, lol

Guys, I came to say that I did the test of some Otomes, the ones in English that I liked the most, and they are all working very well in Yuzu using the tips that YukiBana2000 gave here on the forum.

Now the new version of Yuzu can play the Op and End, i'm using the version 1070, early access, to play:

Ayakashi Koi Gikyoku
Iris School of Wizardry
Kitty Love

They worked really fine with the settings that YukiBana2000 said.

And last but not last:

Collar X Malice - Unlimited
Piofiore Fated

For me worked only with the Yuzu 295 version, with new versions it gets too slow or too fast, but version 295 worked well.

So i wanted to thank YukiBana2000 for help with this, because i don't have money to buy a Switch right now (last year i already bought a Psvita), and this emulator is helping a lot, when i first try didn't worked at all, lol, so thanks.

**My PC settings are 16 GB RAM (dual channel), X64 bit operating system Windows 10, Processor Intel (R) Core (tm) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz to 3.20GHz and Nvidia MX130 2GB**

P.s: I would like to try Ryujinx one day, since they said here that he shows Otomate videos, but I found it very difficult to configure, so no, lol

You are welcome! We are here to help each other, right? and thanks for the feedback :3

Btw anyone tried Hanayaka Nari on switch? Does it work for you?
Tried to run it on 295 version it crashed lol

Actually, no bc Ryujinx is a bit too slow for some reason. Does it run on ryujinx?

I am not familiar with the otome you mentioned but actually for me Ryujinx runs the games I play better than Yuzu for me lol It lags a bit during videos, but the rest of the game runs just fine for me.

Same! I like Ryujinx more than Yuzu because it runs more smoothly for me overall. But I tried opening Hanayaka Nari, and it crashes too. I'm guessing it'll take a while for that to be fixed. From what I know, Cupid Parasite, Bilshana and Haikara all have problems too, and I don't really know how long it'll take for the Ryujinx team to come around to them.

Girls! Now Otomate games are working 60 fps in yuzu latest version (Yuzu 459 (Mainline Build - 440d63556)) and videos are working better too (40~50 fps)!

Last edited:
Girls! Now Otomate games are working 60 fps in yuzu latest version (Yuzu 439 (Mainline Build - 440d63556)) and videos are working better too (40~50 fps)!

Thank you a lot for informing us <3

I also want to tell you guys if you already don't know that in 2021 these 3 otome games are gonna release in English by Aksys. Olympia Soiree, Variable Barricade, and Dairoku Ayakashimori <3

I wish they release piofiore fandisk later on <3

Girls! Now Otomate games are working 60 fps in yuzu latest version (Yuzu 439 (Mainline Build - 440d63556)) and videos are working better too (40~50 fps)!

My bet was on Ryujinx, but Yuzu does seem to be faring better than it right now!

I tried the games on Yuzu that Ryujinx had a problem with, like Cupid Parasite, and Bilshana, and despite stuttering audio and subsequent slowing of the fps, they actually opened and didn't crash my computer like Ryujinx did!

However, I will still test the games with the newest versions of both softwares, and update this comment.

(My fingers are still crossed for Ryujinx.... isn't this what they call toxic love...?)

My bet was on Ryujinx, but Yuzu does seem to be faring better than it right now!

I tried the games on Yuzu that Ryujinx had a problem with, like Cupid Parasite, and Bilshana, and despite stuttering audio and subsequent slowing of the fps, they actually opened and didn't crash my computer like Ryujinx did!

However, I will still test the games with the newest versions of both softwares, and update this comment.

(My fingers are still crossed for Ryujinx.... isn't this what they call toxic love...?)

Yuzu will always be better for me, my crush :3

Yuzu will always be better for me, my crush :3

Indeed, you seem to have better choices than I do.

Starting Cupid Parasite on Ryujinx crashes my computer, as expected. I might as well assume the same performance for Haikara, Bilshana and Hanayaka. At these current statuses, it's probably better to choose Yuzu over Ryujinx for otoge.

Unfortunately, it seems Ryujinx-kun and I will be taking an indefinite break from our once-passionate relationship...
:akazukin_down:

Can someone pls help me?

I tried to play himehibi another princess days on yuzu but it just keeps crashing after main screen "press any button" moment.
Does it play properly for anyone else or there is no hope?

Thank you very much

Can someone pls help me?

I tried to play himehibi another princess days on yuzu but it just keeps crashing after main screen "press any button" moment.
Does it play properly for anyone else or there is no hope?

Thank you very much

are the settings the same as in the tutorial?

yes! I even tried Ryujinx but it does not even open it

It seems that the game is the problem, it's not working in the emulators (I have downloaded from two sources, .nsp and .xci, both don't work, just like you said, yuzu closed at the menu, ryujinx don't eve open the game and closed).

Hello girls and happy new year! <3
I bring you some good news <3
They found a way to hook text from games that work on emulators too so you can translate it, and tried it on yuzu and it works!!!
You can use whatever translator you want I use AGTH. It has one translator already too, it's not bad!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjGRenGpE3s here download link for setup, the program link download is on the video's description.
It prob works with ryujinx as well.

Btw does Nil admirari works on yuzu anyone tried? It's 15 gb and my pc has no space so if its not working i wont download it yet...

Happy New Year! May this one be more luckier than the last. :)
Thanks for the news! I'm sure it will help many of our fellow players.

Nil Admirari does work with Yuzu 493. But if you're worried about the file size, you could download the file on game-wii (it's only ~7 GB because it's a .nsp). While I haven't tried it myself, Ami and AlviRin (the uploader of the game present in these forums) have told me that it's the same.

Thanks a lot for the wishes and the info! In the end i installed Nil in yuzu haha couldn't restrain myself! And yes it works with 493 too I tried it in 295 it works there fine too!
And also finally HANAYAKA NARI WORKS WITH 493 AS WELL GUYS FINALLY WE CAN PLAY IT NORMALLY!! :') not the ops tho.
PSP versions of hanayaka couldn't play it normally the voice was cut in half and it was dreadful the sound as well.
Also if you have a hacked psvita you can stream your games on pc using a plugin and use the OCR visual novel as well to translate the games it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdLwcU03230&t=86s

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.