[ILLUSION] Play Home (プレイホーム) - Discussion & FAQ

Having a strange issue with playhome. When launched in windowed mode, the menu shows a blank, dark blue screen that i am unable to interact with. Full screen works, but not windowed, anyone else with similar issues?

Nearly complete machine UI translation, with some stuff clarified, all by me. You're welcome.

Might put some more work and finish the few tiny bits and pieces that are missing, but unless there's a real demand this should be good enough.

Firefox download indicator says the translation file contains a virus. I don't think it does, but it recommends that I should download it from somewhere else. Your thoughts? And, since you do some translation, when I begin the installation of PH, there are three buttons available. I used the left one and it didn't work. Which is the correct one? And, I suppose I should use APPlocale to install (like the one from HongFire)?

Firefox download indicator says the translation file contains a virus. I don't think it does, but it recommends that I should download it from somewhere else. Your thoughts? And, since you do some translation, when I begin the installation of PH, there are three buttons available. I used the left one and it didn't work. Which is the correct one? And, I suppose I should use APPlocale to install (like the one from HongFire)?

Screenshots would help but if I recall you'll want to press the second button. Should have a letter in parenthesis, B for back and N for next. You don't necessarily need AppLocale but it helps with compatibility sometimes, since some developers have anti-gaijin measures put into place.
Edit: It just occurred to me that you might be using the CD startup, when really what you'll want to do is open up the CD and use the setup.exe or the ILLUSION プレイホーム.msi files, since they usually completely ignore regional locking.

As for the translation file, it's not uncommon for browsers to outright say "this file may contain a virus" without even scanning it. If you really want to be sure, I'd use an actual virus scanner. But that translation I posted on page 7 isn't complete and I have a much more up-to-date version now, although it's still not complete since I plan to make it a full-on human translation which is why it's taking time. Plus, I only end up working on it when I'm bored or boot up the game for "business".

I keep trying to install the game but I keep getting this 1311 bunch of kanji Data1.cab error.

Any advice?

I keep trying to install the game but I keep getting this 1311 bunch of kanji Data1.cab error.

Any advice?

It's somewhat hard to pinpoint a solution for a problem with so few details mentioned, so I'll try asking you a few questions that might resolve the issue.

1. Are you mounting the ISO or did you extract it?

2. Are you using AppLocale set for japanese?

3. Are your computer's regional settings set to japan?

4. When exactly are you getting the error? When attempting to start the installation? During the installation? At what percentage estimate?

5. Can you upload a screenshot?

Screenshots would help but if I recall you'll want to press the second button. Should have a letter in parenthesis, B for back and N for next. You don't necessarily need AppLocale but it helps with compatibility sometimes, since some developers have anti-gaijin measures put into place.
Edit: It just occurred to me that you might be using the CD startup, when really what you'll want to do is open up the CD and use the setup.exe or the ILLUSION プレイホーム.msi files, since they usually completely ignore regional locking.

As for the translation file, it's not uncommon for browsers to outright say "this file may contain a virus" without even scanning it. If you really want to be sure, I'd use an actual virus scanner. But that translation I posted on page 7 isn't complete and I have a much more up-to-date version now, although it's still not complete since I plan to make it a full-on human translation which is why it's taking time. Plus, I only end up working on it when I'm bored or boot up the game for "business".

Thanks lots. Actually, I downloaded it from here and don't have the CD. I didn't notice any English letters on the buttons, but I'll check it in a few minutes.

Pretty much all I wanted this for was the character creator, anyway. I did notice that someone on All The Fallen was making a character, and all of the buttons were translated to English. If he/she is on there next time I am, I'll ask where he/she got the translations, and let you know (just in case you haven't done those yet).

Thanks lots. Actually, I downloaded it from here and don't have the CD. I didn't notice any English letters on the buttons, but I'll check it in a few minutes.

Pretty much all I wanted this for was the character creator, anyway. I did notice that someone on All The Fallen was making a character, and all of the buttons were translated to English. If he/she is on there next time I am, I'll ask where he/she got the translations, and let you know (just in case you haven't done those yet).

Right, when I said CD I meant virtual CD, as in using a program such as daemon tools to make the computer believe the actual CD is in the reader and continue as normal. Just extracting the ISO's internal files is bound to make some problems since it's a multi-CD installation. If you really want to avoid using a virtual CD program, you'll have to put the files from Disk2 into the folder for Disk1 and ghetto-rig your installation. But seeing as you're having issues and don't seem to be a master pirate, I'd recommend just following standard procedure. :P

It's somewhat hard to pinpoint a solution for a problem with so few details mentioned, so I'll try asking you a few questions that might resolve the issue.

1. Are you mounting the ISO or did you extract it?

2. Are you using AppLocale set for japanese?

3. Are your computer's regional settings set to japan?

4. When exactly are you getting the error? When attempting to start the installation? During the installation? At what percentage estimate?

5. Can you upload a screenshot?

The one I got gave me rars instead of the usual ISO. I have done both extraction and mounting.

Applocale IS on Japanese as are regional settings I believe

I get the error right as I get to the installataion bar and little bit of progress starts and them boom fail

Here is a screenshot:
2017_10_18_2006.png

The one I got gave me rars instead of the usual ISO. I have done both extraction and mounting.

Applocale IS on Japanese as are regional settings I believe

I get the error right as I get to the installataion bar and little bit of progress starts and them boom fail

Here is a screenshot:
2017_10_18_2006.png

Nice background! The issue might have something to do with the folder name being in japanese. Windows doesn't like japanese folder names unless you have a straight up full-on japanese windows installation. Might also be an admin permissions issue, so running as admin might help. Other than that, I don't know what to say. I downloaded the girlcelly torrent on sukebei nyaa and mounted the ISO files. Installation was flawless and uneventful, even.

Nice background! The issue might have something to do with the folder name being in japanese. Windows doesn't like japanese folder names unless you have a straight up full-on japanese windows installation. Might also be an admin permissions issue, so running as admin might help. Other than that, I don't know what to say. I downloaded the girlcelly torrent on sukebei nyaa and mounted the ISO files. Installation was flawless and uneventful, even.

Thanks, Imma try one more time with this and re name the folder and such and if they doesn't work, I'll get Girlcelly's torrent.

As for the background, THANKS! It's of Koko Ray, one of the main characters from my comic Neo Knights which I'll link here: https://uncleyuu.deviantart.com/art/Neo-Knights-1-Cover-654213447

The artist is 8x8, I'll put his tumblr here (Warning, LOTS of yaoi) http://8x8-after-dark.tumblr.com

any1 have a clue how to progress the story mode? i havent find any "guide" on wiki.anime-sharing yet so i have no idea how to unlock event on it

any1 have a clue how to progress the story mode? i havent find any "guide" on wiki.anime-sharing yet so i have no idea how to unlock event on it

Fairly certain it's been explained earlier in the thread, but anyway, you have to train up the girls by doing erotic things to them. Vaginal sex, anal sex, blowjobs, cumming inside and using the talk button above the speed controls are the main methods. There's an upper cap on how much you can get in a single sexual encounter for each stat but you can train all stats at the same time. I don't think we have the specific stat requirements for events yet though.

Fairly certain it's been explained earlier in the thread, but anyway, you have to train up the girls by doing erotic things to them. Vaginal sex, anal sex, blowjobs, cumming inside and using the talk button above the speed controls are the main methods. There's an upper cap on how much you can get in a single sexual encounter for each stat but you can train all stats at the same time. I don't think we have the specific stat requirements for events yet though.

hmm ok then, look like i need to try some more. thank you for the help.

playhome "story mode" are a bit confusing to me compare to schoolmate and @homemate tho.
on schoolmate to reach next event we have to do x thing at certain number of times to the girl to unlock her next event, on @homemate doing date are needed to progress the story.

Thanks, Imma try one more time with this and re name the folder and such and if they doesn't work, I'll get Girlcelly's torrent.

As for the background, THANKS! It's of Koko Ray, one of the main characters from my comic Neo Knights which I'll link here: https://uncleyuu.deviantart.com/art/Neo-Knights-1-Cover-654213447

The artist is 8x8, I'll put his tumblr here (Warning, LOTS of yaoi) http://8x8-after-dark.tumblr.com

Nope, same errors and I went with a different torrent that again, used RARS

So is there one that uses ISO? If so, PLEASE tell me, private message me or the like.

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEEZ

Nope, same errors and I went with a different torrent that again, used RARS

So is there one that uses ISO? If so, PLEASE tell me, private message me or the like.

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEEZ

i use the torrent from Girlcelly, it use rar and contain iso inside when extracted.
try install it on custom folder with alphabet and not on the same location as the installation suggested, not in C:/Program Files/Illusion.

i use the torrent from Girlcelly, it use rar and contain iso inside when extracted.
try install it on custom folder with alphabet and not on the same location as the installation suggested, not in C:/Program Files/Illusion.

yes... and... If I was him I would use 7zip to extract the rar and virtual clone driver for mounting ISO, girlcelly is (always) OK.

Hi, Derp.
I did get it installed by using the middle button. I'm still trying to catch the other person on LL to see where he/she got their translation. I'll let you know when I do.
Thanks!

Okay, 2 times through the game and I think I got all the points for a guide:

Opening scenes: Simply do one sex action and then you can exit out of it.

After completing the 3 opening scenes you'll be in maxing out stats phase. At this point you'll be freely allowed to choose the girl, guest, and location for your H-scene. During this phase, you can unlock various features.

-First off, to progress through this phase, you must do sex acts to increase the stats. Cumming inside increase the semen stat, any sex act involving the pussy increase the pussy stats, any sex act involving the ass increase the anal stat, any sex act involving the mouth increase the mouth stat, and asking the girl mood increase the lewd/lust stat. Doing the 3P and 5P sex acts does count as multiple stats. So you may want to do those acts if you're just interesting in clearing the game as quickly as possible.

-Second, you may have notice the ripples on the pad as you move the circle around it. These ripple mean you're close to the "sweet spot" for that sex act and it will increase the rate at which the male/female arousal bar will rise. By maxing out a girl pussy or anal stat you can unlock the feature of having a circle appear on the pad that control the position of the H-scenes. This circle is the "sweet spot" for that sex act.

-Third, once you made each one of the girls reach exhaustion you unlock a button that will make the girl recuperate after you make her reach the point of exhaustion. This button appear in underneath the arousal bars after you made the girl reach exhaustion in that H-scene. To trigger exhaustion, simply make the girl cum 3 times in the same position, or cum together 3 times in the same position. Also it seem like the sex act must be take place at high speed in the "sweet spot," but I'm still trying to confirm this.

NOTE: I've been having a hard time consistently triggering the exhaustion state while the girl is in the "level change" state. I can do it while the girl state is set to "resistant" before enter the H-scene but not in the level change state. Making the girl orgasm 3 time in the same position when in the level change state simply make the girl hang her tongue out (make an ahegao face). Also I'm trying to figure the cause to make the girl squirt herself upon orgasm. I think it reaching the exhaustion state and then making the girl orgasm at high speed while in the "sweet spot."

-Once all the girls lust/lewd stats have been maxed you will trigger the next event. These 3 events can exited as soon as you've completed one sex act. Once you've cleared all 3 events, the girl state will be changed from resistance to "level change" (that what it listed as in the translation I'm using). At this phase, you simply must finish maxing out all the stats for each one of the girl to trigger the last event.

-The last 3 events can be exited as soon as you do 1 sex act. After this you've unlock free mode. Enjoy you endless sex.

If I made any mistake or you got something to add to it, simply reply to this post and I'll update this post and credit you.

there's a 100% save, doesnt that cut out all the "playing the game" to unlock stuff?

FINALLY I got it to work!!!

And I got to say...not that great. I can't figure out how to do mltiple women partners, the camera angles are AWFUL and I'm not that big on the whole darker theme but that's just me. Also dissapointed by the lack of femdom poses but again, that's just me.

But as a thank you to everyone who helped me out, here's a heart <3

FINALLY I got it to work!!!

And I got to say...not that great. I can't figure out how to do mltiple women partners

You can't , there are only 2 positions...interactions because none of them give any actual h just a double licking from the girl you chose to h with and the 2nd girl,there seems to be two versions of if for girls who you have cleared and for not...did not notice the difference.

the camera angles are AWFUL

Yup, some of them are unruly, you just can't seem to get the view you want in some poses

I'm not that big on the whole darker theme but that's just me

Neither am i but the the particular group h dynamic is kinda alluring...and h milf...been enjoying that since Yuuko,so although the theme is not is not appealing ,the participants are...course i aged up one of the chars

Also dissapointed by the lack of femdom poses but again, that's just me.

(Shrug) not my thing but i can appreciate the lack of content

gotta say this their best release in awhile,while there is no studio and at first there are few poses...though of course there are the poses when the girl is in exhausted which are alternates for the beginning poses

the game is also grindfest, however after the mid point when they become lewd there a good amount of new poses unlocked and after the third events and unlocking free mode, you will have access to all three sets of poses resistant,lewd,exhausted so there is enough to enjoy a good variety.

Play home is a missed opportunity had they just had more interactivity the game would have been much better,the simple ability to touch the girls like in AG3(something i've missed in since) and to do just do more stuff with the second girl would have added much to the atmosphere and game

Or maybe have the second react more or maybe shoot the jizz freely at either have a third girl have obviously 3p or 4p with the girls...yeah they had it with those dudes but i don't like those types of scene(don't like sharing) so never used those poses.

As i mentioned earlier Play home has no poser yet i enjoyed more that honey select simply because it has more poses than (I think) HS ,maybe with the poser it would allow you to pretty much create any pose or scene but how many can actually do that and have patience and after you have done it then what ?

It's not part of the game or a continuous flow events so it's just does not feel like a game or very exciting,the other thing they needed to add was a way to manually manipulate poses so you could basically create your own,only requirement would be base poses

IMO honestly, Honey Select had more going for it simply due to the fact that, while it had less poses technically, it had more variety in them whereas a lot of the poses in this one feel rather samey at points. Honey Select also launched with a proper studio mode and a camera that didn't make me want to vomit hatred all over my computer screen.

It's so bizarre, 360 degree camera was and still is Illusion's big appeal, why stop now!?

As for gameplay, well at the moment the game is all in Japanese but I can't imagine it'll be that deep. Then again after SBPR which was an OPEN FREAKING HENTAI world, that's gonna be hard. At the moment, Play Home is kinda like Play Club 2.0 but missing a lot of elements that made that game work. It feels like Illusion are a bit more nervous to try out something Like Artificial Girl 3 again, the last hentai games by them that felt like games and not just screensavers with character creators were SBPR which was a NIGHTMARE to run initially, holy balls. But at the very least, patches came to the rescue for that one. And I guess...Secrosphere had that puzzle game...a kinda shit puzzle game but one none-the-less.

Play Home at the moment from initial playing feels like they took the gameplay of Play Club while having the graphics and inner workings of Honey Select while forgetting what made them work.

(On a side note, It bums me out that the only Illusion game with pegging (a personal fetish of mine) is Secrosphere, of all the bloody games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Amgoose wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
The old link

This one (https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01113293.html)
The game seems to have gotten removed from dlsite? I don't know why but I was able to find it in fanza

https://www.dmm.co.jp/dc/doujin/-/detail/=/cid=d_318150/

Would it be possible to upload this?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
I'd like to request a game for you to upload.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Would itbe possible fro you to upload this one?

Not sure if best to post here or in PM
Ignaus wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello, do you have this one by any chance? If so, can you please upload if possible?

https://gentleman910.fanbox.cc/posts/7686800
https://www.patreon.com/posts/r18-hmv-60fps-101346789

Thank you.
404notfound wrote on wjooxx's profile.
hi,wjoox
thank you as always!
present for you!!
[東出イロドリ] みがわりのお勉強 [DL版] ↓
https://yourfilestore.com/download/724632/vjhydp.rar.html
please enjoy!!