[ILLUSION] Koikatu! / Koikatsu! (コイカツ!) - Discussion and FAQ

Hi there. I have a question. I'm playing the last repack version. I'm still exploring the game and I have only tried the "free-h mode" to see what can be done in the the game. I'm playing with a futanari/trap character as the protagonist and I noticed that her expressións in the h-scenes are lacking. I mean I guess that even if you play with a girl (futanari) as the protagonist her expressions would be the same that are programed for the character as a boy. In other words she makes the expressions a boy would make (not a girl) in the h-scenes. So my question is this: Can I make my futanari protagonist make the same expressions the girls make in sex? I mean excited face, ahegao, etc.? Is this posible with some option or mod? The quantity of options in the game is huge even withouth the mods (it's way bigger than Honey Select), and if you add all the options from the mods to it, it becomes overwhelming, so if someone could answer my question I will be grateful.

In short: I want to futanari MC to have girly sexy expressions in the h-scenes (really except when she cums she makes pretty much a poker face the whole time).

Thanks in advance for your answers.

EDIT: Also, when I created my futanari MC I check the box that says: "this is a futanari/trap character)". There is a text on that box saying that the gameplay will change. I want to know what exactly does change in the game when the MC is a futanari. What does that text means?

For anyone wondering about the state of Illusion Soft as a company, I came across an interesting post two months ago by Dr. Yoshi on the now abandoned Hongfire. Cross posting it here for posterity

Original post by Dr Yoshi
http://web.archive.org/web/20190414...2018-early-2019-edition?p=6775925#post6775925

Happy new year, everybody (I know it's late). I'm not really active in the community any more but still keeping an eye on what is coming from Illusion.

I've read that some of you are wondering if Illusion isn't having financial troubles, since they have considerably slowed down their release schedule. And I can confidently tell you that it's far from being an issue.
  • Honey Select was a big hit on the Japanese market, and is still the most highly reviewed game from Illusion to date. And since it was licensed in the West through Fakku, it even made some extra cash from foreign sales. This was a first for Illusion, and I'm sure they didn't account for such a big success.
  • VR Kanojo looks like it sold pretty well too, thanks to being available internationally through Steam. It was regularly featured in the top sellers on the platform, especially during sales, so it probably made bank. Since it was a low-budget project (one girl, one room, almost no customisation, little amount of voice lines, code and assets forked straight from HS), the return on investment should have been high for Illusion.
  • Koikatsu! is also having really solid sale figures and is highly reviewed. Currently, the game and both its expansion packs (the extra personalities and after-school DLC) are all still sitting within the Top 20 best-selling adult games on Amazon JP. The base game is also featured in the top selling PC software for 2018 on Getchu. It's doing very well and I wouldn't be surprised to see another international release for this title.
Thanks to those successes, Illusion has plenty of cash on hand and is currently investing and pushing forward. They launched a VR-focused subsidiary last year (IVR), with brand new offices in central Tokyo. They probably split their staff and made a couple teams move to their new location, and they are actively recruiting new developers, modellers and animators.
As far as we know, they've been working on multiple projects and prototypes as well as weird tech demos in partnership with manufacturers of sensory-feedback devices (like scent and haptics). They've also been extensively touring shows and conventions to demonstrate those new gadgets and their software.

I'm certain these are the reasons why Illusion only released a single title last year. They have been busy experimenting and expanding, venturing in new areas and new markets and we yet have to see what they've been working on. The upcoming titles for 2019 will tell us if they've decided to try being innovative again or if we're simply going to get more of the same.

I'm nonetheless rather optimistic for this upcoming "Project I" (I'm ready to bet it will end up being something like "Artificial Island"). The fact that they published a trailer in English alongside the Japanese one (it swaps depending on your browser locale) tells us that they're aiming at an international release from the get-go.

I also wonder if this game isn't related to their "Summer Vacation" project that was announced last year but never released.

this question has nothing to do with the forum but can someone tell me if the hongfire page has definitely fallen?:eek::eek:

What's Koikatsu Darkness? A new DLC?
pretty much. for people that purchased emotion creators. this add new "forced sex" scenario in one room (no idea if there are more than one)
where you and some janitor force the girl.
also some new clothes that seem to get ripped in that scenario.
in theory there are going to be 6 enabled personalities. first pack has 2. then 2 more packs.

this question has nothing to do with the forum but can someone tell me if the hongfire page has definitely fallen?:eek::eek:
haven't been able to log in the past few days.
but this always happens when something new comes out from illusion. and if you ask me is not actual traffic that kills the site.

dahhh same here i can't log in hongfire at least for a week now. and the first darkness dlc for koikatu even such a weird update. because even now i still don't know how to trigger the event. oh if want the update you have to go to 4chan and find its link there. but that is it, this update is really weird.

anyone have a link where i can download the koikatsu darkness expension? (can only find a repack wich would probebly mess my game up..)

second to that... im also waiting for someone to share Koikatsu Darkness DLC releases

Its already posted on f95zone as usual, just backread a few pages.
Dont be fooled by the filename "emocre_dkn_01f.exe", cause this is for both Koikatsu and EmotionCreators.
For those who uses HF patch, better wait for an update first.

Its already posted on f95zone as usual, just backread a few pages.
Dont be fooled by the filename "emocre_dkn_01f.exe", cause this is for both Koikatsu and EmotionCreators.
For those who uses HF patch, better wait for an update first.

what is f95zone? already re-read it from page 1, and i can't seems to find a link to it

but i did find the file you're talking about emocre_dkn_01f.exe in pastebin...
alas, it ask for description key though.... does anyone knows the key???

Last edited:
Its another forum website. Sorry you have to read from page 1. :P

Last edited:
I cant send PM yet, because of my low post count.
The link is here.
Credits to the original poster.

thanks, one more question though.... since the file name is emocre, do i have to install emotion creators too, to make the dlc darkness work?

thanks, one more question though.... since the file name is emocre, do i have to install emotion creators too, to make the dlc darkness work?

No-no. If your familiar with how Illusion's updates are structured, you just take the files from the koikatsu folder after you extract.
You dont need EmotionCreators if you only need the dlc on koikatsu.

Reactions: Animaksiat
[MENTION=167002]hypocryte72[/MENTION] btw, could you also post the koikatsu darkness 2nd patch?

To those who are not aware, there is an install order.
yoyaku,
darkness pt1,
darkness pt2.
If you are using the HF patch, apply the latest after installing the 3 dlc.

wait... what's with the yoyaku? what's in it? i don't think i have that yet...

Yoyaku is the pack that adds EmotionsCreator clothes and Sitri personality...a significant update that caused mods to crap out for some time. It's fixed though so go ahead.

So, if I got that right:
Darkness and Emotion Creator are both DLCs that just add a few new personalities and a rape scene?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

deckera wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can you re up this ?
deckera wrote on Shine's profile.
can you re up this ?
tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this asmr?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]