First anime you ever saw!

Shirayuki Hime no Densetsu / The Legend of Snow White
But at that time I didn't know about anime, so I didn't even suspected that was a Japanese series.

I learned about an anime when I watched Sailor Moon a few years later.

Seriously, everyone I know saw either Pokemon or DBZ as their first Anime when they were young (in the 90s). Like, who, from the 90s, didn't see one of those first? haha.

Doraemon

Gif-Doraemon.gif

The first anime I saw was Digimon 2 when I was 6...And then it was shown on TV after school everyday

The first one I saw was Robotech when I was a kid, although I really only cared about the Macross storyline.

The first time I actually watched anime was "The world god only knows".
I've always thought watching anime was a waste a time, so I read manga.
One day I was bored and had time on my hands so I decided to watch "the world god only knows" anime.
Now I'm a hopeless anime addict lol.

One day I was bored and had time on my hands so I decided to watch "the world god only knows" anime.

Yep "The world god only knows " is great

I just finished the first season. Glad there's still two more to go.

Wow, there sure are a bunch of kids here. Does it mean I'm old since my first anime was Tranzor Z(aka Mazinger Z)? I don't think we had even started calling it Japanimation back then, much less anime.

Berserk when I was like 10 years old in middle school yes i know ive read some stuff that was really..... dark but REALLY GOOD!!!

I vaguely remember my first anime cause i was like 6 - 8 yrs. old then, i think it was Voltes 5 or Daimos, others anime i watched when i was a kid are B't X, Yu Yu Hakusho, Doraeman, Mojacko, Akazukin Chacha, and Monster Rancher etc., this is all i can remember. XD

In my case I used to watch stuff like pokemon and digimon, sadly I wasn't allowed to watch dragonball when I was young. Then I stopped and when I was 14 or 15 I saw a picture of Ichigo with his shinigami mask. I was simply looking for a cool wallpaper for my computer and thought it looked awesome so I tried to find more. I still remember looking for things like "skull guy wallpaper sword" and things like that. After some searching I found out that he was from Bleach, a show I had never heard off (in my home country we don't have anime on tv exept pokemon, digimon and used to have dragonball). I tried to find out more about the show that was in this strange drawing style that people kept calling "bleach" and "anime". Problem was that I spoke practically no english and when I finally started watching it (a good half a week later) I could hardly understand what was being said. I loved it to bits though and kept watching, going back and watching episodes both dubbed and subbed, trying to find out what it said and after a few days it became easier to understand. After 2 months I had gone from almost failing english at school to getting near perfect marks (not that my english was or is perfect, but it was way higher then was expected of us at school) and I had been getting compliments from teachers and was asked often why I seemed to have failed earlier tests "on purpose" (because the change was so big). All that time I had still not watched anything else and after watching bleach for like... 2 and a half months I wanted to try something else as well. I remember that my second show was Naruto, which I liked but I ended up putting it on hold to watch the show that made me love anime forever, Shakugan No Shana. I still cannot listen to that opening (or ending) and not get nostalia hit me like a truck, crippling me and taking me back 7 years. I loved the shows I watched so much, and they helped my english and confidence a lot. I still tell everyone that when you want to learn english, or any language, find something you love and do that in the language you want to learn. If you truely love it then it will help you :)

I think it was digimon or pokemon or Lets & Go( the toy car racing brother). or Maybe Doraemon, Crayon Shin Chan, Dragon Ball, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Flame of Recca hmm..Ranma 1/2 or The Law of Ueki.. (I think all of this is what I watched back then).

dragon ball z (rock the dragon ver.), but really got me started was Gundam Wing... Gundam is now my largest collection of anime on physical copy

Reactions: trtlatstewa
bq68.gif
Looking back (way back), I guess you could say Astro Boy, locally (SoCal) on NBC Saturday mornings (I had no clue) and later on in elementary school Gigantor ... and finally Battle of the Planets during the early mornings during college (amazingly, I completely missed Robotech). Years pass and I become a film junkie (late 70's and Beyond!). Started my Laserdisc Collection (don't laugh, I still have them all) and then CPM released an LD titled Project A-KO. Never mind that I was clueless to the Jackie Chan reference ... just thought it looked cool. Finally, it wasn't on VHS only anymore!
Long story short ... I watched it 3 times in a row until about 3:30am the next morning. That film turned me into a genuine, foaming at the mouth, card-carrying, Anime Junkie! Thousands of LDs later ... YIKES ... my wife still hates that particular film to this day.
0pQKHi.gif

So began my love/hate relationship with Anime.
Definitely a cautionary tale, not to be ignored ...
bq29.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

moreka wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi can I upload this in FHD | 1920x1080 | MKV?

虜ノ雫 前編 ~夏の豪華客船で穢される処女たち~
https://www.dlsite.com/pro/work/=/product_id/VJ013349.html
虜ノ雫 後編 ~夏の豪華客船で穢される処女たち~
https://www.dlsite.com/pro/work/=/product_id/VJ013769.html
geesew wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you please upload this full version?
FrDs1996 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
I've seen you posted some otogi frontier video. If you play the game ; is it possible to ask for character scene ? Thanks in advance.
bloodvlad wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi sir, reupload pls
RJ376004 and RJ393848
remanen wrote on Shine's profile.
hi, do you think you can reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]