First anime you ever saw!

Ah, such nice memories. The first anime I ever watched it was probably Pokemon. It was aired on tv in my own language, had like 7-8 years old then. That period, for every gum I bought at a store near me, I also got a a little, tiny...hmm...cardboard with the image of a pokemon on it. So...free cardboard with cartoons on them at every bought gum and a tiny kid who liked cartoons = love at first sight (hahaha xDD) But ofc, didn't know the very definition of an anime, for me there were just moving, colored and funny images. The second one was Dragonball Z, and after that, Yu-Gi-Oh! ,but again, i didn't realized what is or if it was an anime. The very first anime that I recognized as an anime (because the style and the voices were kind of strange for the usual cartoon) was Yu Yu Hakusho. It was aired on tv, together with many others animes after 8 pm and lasted until 12-1 am. I was like 10-11 years old. From that point on, I began to wait eagerly for the clock to hit 8 pm so I can watch those animes again xDDD so... sleeping at 10 pm (like a normal kid did or should do) was nothing more than an abstract notion, hahahaha xDDD But I don't regret a thing! Like I said, such nice and happy memories xDDD

The first anime I ever saw was Dragon Ball Z not sure at what age. This was the series that got me into anime and this was also the first anime series to be shown on tv in my country. Ever since then most of what I watched growing up was anime. :fulfilled:

DBZ, One Piece, Naruto, Pokemon (till May & Max leave Ash & Pikachu after that wasn't interesting), Digimon (watched only season 1 after that it was boring), Bayblade (V-Force & G-Revolution as well) were on cartoon network.

Yu-Gi-Ho!, Doraemon, Kochikame and few others were on a different channel and other animes like Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu Yasha, Ranma 1/2, Captain Tsubasa, Prince of Tennis, Fullmetal Alchemist, Flame of Recca and others were shown on a specific anime only channel called "Animax", I guess in 2008 or 09 Animax channel also stopped. And I was like :shocked: :nani:

It was only when I was 18 yrs old I came to know the difference between japanese anime and western cartoons before that I thought they were like super versions of cartoons or something like that and continued to watch it.

Sou da! Ore ha baka! :puniko_despair:

Then in 2011 my friend suggested different anime sites from where he watched animes and it was then I realized I could watch anime from internet too :happytears: before that I used internet just for school works and occasionally for downloading games becoz at that time my internet connection wasn't reliable nor fast. :sigh:

Amidst of all the unawareness and all, as growing up watching anime it did change my view point on many things. Through manga and anime I learned to respect not only normal things but even certain things which people find it difficult to appreciate and respect. :goodtea:

Manga/Anime changed me without myself knowing about it and it still continues to do that. :samuraihero:

Last edited:
I watch this anime when I 20 years old ... Countdown to delight...

Last edited by a moderator:
The first I attended was Cardcaptor Sakura , but I was still very young , had no idea what was anime .
First I watched aware that it was an anime ( and seen until the last episode) was Fullmetal Alchemist

My first anime was probably Card Captor Sakura! I grew into a big fan of CLAMP. I'm still into this 15 years later :nyanmusu_yeah:

I think it was Dragon Ball and Pokemon... I had no ideea what was anime at that time. I didn't like it very much. I started to love anime after they aired Slayers ( in japanese), then Tokyo Mew Mew, Inuyasha and so on. :)

Pokemon I guess ... it was dubbed but I love them alot hmmmm and maybe also Mermaid Melody back then when I was 7 :hapgirl:

I have been watching pokemons and digimons and dragon balls alike when i was a child, but didnt know that it was anime. I thought they were just some cartoons and stuff until i have grown up to be in my 20s. Only then i came across mangas. I started off reading shonen jump series, and eventually i came across this Mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha in youtube. That's what hooked me in. And i'm not ashamed to say that magical girl series started my anime years!

Pokemon I guess ... it was dubbed but I love them alot hmmmm and maybe also Mermaid Melody back then when I was 7 :hapgirl:

Omg same!xDDD
It was the first time i discovered shoujo and was very confused~:XD:
first anime boy crush kaito~ :runhappy:

Princess Mononoke. At my Japanese friend's house, on VHS in Japanese with no subs. Had no clue what the hell was going on.

Being an older fanmy first would of been something like Transformers in the 80's then years later Ninja Scroll followed by the first 2 Devilman OVAs back when I was 14. I think it made me a fan for life as its been 20 years since I first saw them.

I don't remember which one I first saw. Probably DBZ, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Ranma 1/2, Pokemon, or Yugioh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

moreka wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi can I upload this in FHD | 1920x1080 | MKV?

虜ノ雫 前編 ~夏の豪華客船で穢される処女たち~
https://www.dlsite.com/pro/work/=/product_id/VJ013349.html
虜ノ雫 後編 ~夏の豪華客船で穢される処女たち~
https://www.dlsite.com/pro/work/=/product_id/VJ013769.html
geesew wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you please upload this full version?
FrDs1996 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
I've seen you posted some otogi frontier video. If you play the game ; is it possible to ask for character scene ? Thanks in advance.
bloodvlad wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi sir, reupload pls
RJ376004 and RJ393848
remanen wrote on Shine's profile.
hi, do you think you can reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]