[Texture] 4K skin diffuse initial pack

I'm sneaky? You're sneaky! Where on Earth did you find 0.0.4? I wonder what's been added. This is by far my favorite and most useful plugin for me.
Eh heh heh, guess I am, too! I left a link for it in our group, ya know! (Modding HS)

Hey PlasticMind. I've always loved the work you put in man. Having problems with the new download link though. Seems like others are to. If you didn't get it while it was hot, seems you missed out. Can you repost it for us or make a new link? Or can one of you guys that got the new patch that creates the settings folder under app data post it for us? Someone please! :)

TY! ya so surprised I missed that... I looked over all the post like 7 times lol. Thanks again.

After a busy week at last I'm testing the new dlc :P, @plasticmind How cool that you updated your mod so fast! Although since I updated the graphic patch, sbx juice looks opaque. Attached images so you can see what I mean, both images with the same curve and as far as I know with the same settings in the config file. Is there any value in the settings that is causing this effect?

The lighting system has lost completely depth and the surfaces do not reflect well in (170428DLC)HoneySelect Graphic Patch ver.170503(test version)

To bring back the original lighting system, simply delete the Graphicsettings folder? = nope.

It's a shame because this update had restored the tattoo coordinates and even the translation. :(

Last edited:

There's the chance you can improve the juice behaviour by replacing cf_m_base file with the one included in the SBX2.5 thread, the "hotfix" file, but make a backup of the current one in case it alters some other things!

Hello stampar, thanks for your answer. That's the first thing I tried when I noticed the change but, unfortunately, when I did the opaque juice was still there. :/

Edit: The juice appears correctly on the clothes, but on the skin looks opaque as in the images that I attached in the previous post, so apparently has nothing to do with the graphic patch.

Last edited:
some FAQ

Studio Neo crashed.
Perhaps you didn't install the 428 DLC from illusion.jp, or didn't install in the right order.

too white.
Preset_2 needs a little bit higher saturated skin color. So are other clothes and stuff. And there's no need to enable fog with this preset

Since HF become extremely hard to open now, I move the "How to create your curve" tutorial here
https://mega.nz/#F!WEtgUI6Z!apJrnpsShSPLj2KHDJi5YA

Im testing Curve2 and... I'm actually liking it. Skin looks nicer, somehow. You can sort of fix the washed out colors by changing the color saturation and bloom (although it will never look like regular game).
Problem is the white hue of the screen, mind you, not talking about the character but the whole screen, seems to have a white filter... or maybe it's something about shadows? I dunno yet.

Im testing Curve2 and... I'm actually liking it. Skin looks nicer, somehow. You can sort of fix the washed out colors by changing the color saturation and bloom (although it will never look like regular game).
Problem is the white hue of the screen, mind you, not talking about the character but the whole screen, seems to have a white filter... or maybe it's something about shadows? I dunno yet.

It's the texture's problem, you won't be surprised if you extract some textures from the game. The curve used in original game has extremely high contrast and clip dark levels. Then Illusion mess with their textures to compensate.

@plasticmind i am having issues with installing the 4k skin i installed it but for some reason i go to honey select it throws me to config screen and i cant get back to title screen cause where it should show the small window are you sure its just white i installed the older graphics and the test new one and then the 4k textures.

Alright, here's something that has puzzled me since the inception of the 4k face textures, and I'm guessing there's a simple explanation for it. Although it seems like many of the face textures share the same look (especially A01), and thus, are piled together, then why is it that the original face textures for the game all have subtle differences?

It's the texture's problem, you won't be surprised if you extract some textures from the game. The curve used in original game has extremely high contrast and clip dark levels. Then Illusion mess with their textures to compensate.

I see, I always felt colors looked hella strange in HS, for example compared to SBPR. Thanks for the info.

Add a new preset, it's just a darker version of preset_2, and tutorial's updated.

https://mega.nz/#!3UdzRJib!mc3yaFow4tTz87yO8Q4nNfhydjsrtVvgxuSmjYRyNHY
Jeez, you read my mind, I was working for hours trying to get a more balanced curve that had both nice contrast and less of that "Screening" effect that seems to be going on.
I'll check this out, now! Thanks! :)

*Update* - Just looked at it, and wow! MUCH better, you got the perfect balance! Thanks, again!

Last edited:
ShorcutHSParty add a new feature that will override camera setting in level files, in his plugin HDR on main camera is disabled by default, if you see severe bandings,
W4kxLNF4.jpg

Reactions: ore_
@plasticmind
Not sure how relevant this is for you, since you've already mentioned a lack of interest in updating this mod for the old Studio, but maybe somebody else might find this useful information: the last pre-4/28 DLC graphics patch makes the old Studio unable to recognize the updated character cards, so the character list will remain blank.

(Oh, and thanks a million for all your hard work on this mod. For some reason, I've only just started using this graphics patch, and I can't believe how much more awesome the game looks. Truly yours is an indispensable set of mods :))

@plasticmind
Not sure how relevant this is for you, since you've already mentioned a lack of interest in updating this mod for the old Studio, but maybe somebody else might find this useful information: the last pre-4/28 DLC graphics patch makes the old Studio unable to recognize the updated character cards, so the character list will remain blank.

(Oh, and thanks a million for all your hard work on this mod. For some reason, I've only just started using this graphics patch, and I can't believe how much more awesome the game looks. Truly yours is an indispensable set of mods :))

old characters are moved to chara_old folder, I think rename chara_old to chara will bring back your characters in the old studio, but everytime you run the main game, it will convert all character cards again.

What is the proper way of installing ?
Installing just test patch seems tweak shaders only, picture look washed out.

old characters are moved to chara_old folder, I think rename chara_old to chara will bring back your characters in the old studio, but everytime you run the main game, it will convert all character cards again.

True, but this is exactly why I investigated this: that's super inconvenient and a bit of a hassle. Trying out the old studio at various stages while reinstalling everything I discovered that without the graphics patch the old studio *will* be able to read the upgraded cards in userdata/chara (I actually assumed the chara_old folder was for the old studio, but apparently that's just a depository and a back-up). So I assume there's something in HoneyStudio_32_Data and HoneyStudio_64_Data (maybe in globalgamemanagers, though that's more speculation than insight on my part) that the patch overwrites which disables the old studio's intended ability to read the new cards.

Anyway, I just reported this because I couldn't find any information about this subject and I figured that others might want to know too why their old studio can't find their character folders anymore.

Good day to you all!
Oh well, i must say again that this 4k mod is one of the greatest mods for HS, but i think you all already know that. Thanks Plasticmind!! (don't know why but i always read your name as plasmid, from Bioshock lol)

And, well, i have a problem with StudioNeo, i think it is too complex to make the poses and i just prefer the old studio, BUT it seens after all that my old studio (64) is not as it was before, because, at least from what i could see, it is not reading the 4K makeup. I do not have a clue about what to do about it, so here i am asking, do anyone know what could it be? I'll be grateful for any help with this, thanks in advance!

- Normal game and Studio Neo are loading the charas as they should be, old 32 studio have the same problem as 64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

thebreaker2 wrote on Shine's profile.
RJ090136 ver 1.3
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/120127-ティー・エンタ・ぴー-ゴーストハウス・ガンスイーパー-ver-1-3.45161/

All download links are dead
Please could you reupload these using mexa.sh link?
thebreaker2 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ106740 ver 2
RJ132271 ver 2.02
RJ130405 ver 1.04
RJ127061 ver 1.06
RJ114347 ver 1.10
RJ086550 ver 1.24

thebreaker2 wrote on UFO's profile.
RJ106684 ver 1.2
RJ111704 ver 1.02
RJ117299 ver 1.01
RJ121591
RJ120696
RJ132858
RJ131799