[Texture] 4K skin diffuse initial pack

I installed some new Illusion patches a while ago and the result of that is that 4k makeup is not showing up in NEO.
It does however show up in the main game. Just for the heck of it I did re-install everything for the 4K skin diffuse initial pack
but that didn't really fix anything.

I have a) screwed up badly, or b) I'll have to wait for an update on 4K skin diffuse initial pack for the (pre)battle arena?

Last edited:
I installed some new Illusion patches a while ago and the result of that is that 4k makeup is not showing up in NEO.
It does however show up in the main game. Just for the heck of it I did re-install everything for the 4K skin diffuse initial pack
but that didn't really fix anything.

I have a) screwed up badly, or b) I'll have to wait for an update on 4K skin diffuse initial pack for the (pre)battle arena?
Aiee, buddy, did you install today's latest Illusion patch? You shouldn't have done that! >_< If that's the case, I can't help you, so you'd have to:
- Find the files you installed
- Delete them
- Reinstall the Illusion update before that one
- Install the latest 4k pack, and possibly the latest version SBX.
- Finally, patching the game/studio with both IPA and the Wideslider.

Aiee, buddy, did you install today's latest Illusion patch? You shouldn't have done that! >_< If that's the case, I can't help you, so you'd have to:
- Find the files you installed
- Delete them
- Reinstall the Illusion update before that one
- Install the latest 4k pack, and possibly the latest version SBX.
- Finally, patching the game/studio with both IPA and the Wideslider.

Oh, oh, ok. So a) + c). A bit too quick with installing stuff.

Well then, it shouldn't be a too big of an issue to remove the files affecting 4k diffues pack.
Since I ain't keeping track these days, I figured I shudda ask first.
But I'm keeping the new animations, period!

Last edited:
Oh, oh, ok. So a) + c). A bit to quick with installing stuff.

Well then, it shouldn't be a too big of an issue to remove the files affecting 4k diffues pack.
Since I ain't keeping track these days, I figured I shudda ask first.
But I'm keeping the new animations, period!
Do what you must, do what you must!

Do what you must, do what you must!

Finally the 4k works for NEO again with Pre-Battle Arena installed.
Can't quite figure why the 32x and 64x folders went sour after installing that patch, it doesn't really touch them.

May have been a hiccup for some reason, but you should be able to install Pre-BA and have the 4k diffuse working
for HS and NEO, but not for Pre-BA atm.

Finally the 4k works for NEO again with Pre-Battle Arena installed.
Can't quite figure why the 32x and 64x folders went sour after installing that patch, it doesn't really touch them.

May have been a hiccup for some reason, but you should be able to install Pre-BA and have the 4k diffuse working
for HS and NEO, but not for Pre-BA atm.
So how did you get it all to work?

Hello there Plastic. I really love and appreciate your mods especially this 4K graphic+texture pack. However, if I may voice out my opinion, I noticed that you are working on the Linear Rendering Experiment mod and it came to my thought that, I really hope you don't plan on abandoning this project completely. I hope that you will continue your support on this great mod to some of us including myself eventhough you have the Linear Render experiment mod. Thank you Plastic for all of your great mods for HS. And hope you consider my thoughts.

True, but this is exactly why I investigated this: that's super inconvenient and a bit of a hassle. Trying out the old studio at various stages while reinstalling everything I discovered that without the graphics patch the old studio *will* be able to read the upgraded cards in userdata/chara (I actually assumed the chara_old folder was for the old studio, but apparently that's just a depository and a back-up). So I assume there's something in HoneyStudio_32_Data and HoneyStudio_64_Data (maybe in globalgamemanagers, though that's more speculation than insight on my part) that the patch overwrites which disables the old studio's intended ability to read the new cards.

Anyway, I just reported this because I couldn't find any information about this subject and I figured that others might want to know too why their old studio can't find their character folders anymore.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet?

It would be nice to still be able to use the old Studio, especially because a lot of Mods haven't been converted to NEO yet.

Hello I am having an issue and I have just recently noticed this. But when I full screen NEO and take a screen shot it comes out much more blurry than if it was not full screened. My monitor is 3440x1440 so when I full screen it it goes fr 2560x1440 to 3440x1440 and for some reason it gets blurry. This never happened in the old studio, any thoughts on why this might be happening?

2560x1440

3440x1440

Okay, so i'm having a bit of a problem with editing the "Config and StudioNeoConfig" files that's in the "GraphicsSettings" folder. I can change everything from Presets options in the style but when i try set a new curve option in the either Config and StudioNeoConfig files it doesn't save. After running up the game and going back it just reverts back to the same Config/StudioNeoConfig settings without saving the new curve command line. Can someone help me out?

Hello I am having an issue and I have just recently noticed this. But when I full screen NEO and take a screen shot it comes out much more blurry than if it was not full screened. My monitor is 3440x1440 so when I full screen it it goes fr 2560x1440 to 3440x1440 and for some reason it gets blurry. This never happened in the old studio, any thoughts on why this might be happening?

2560x1440

3440x1440
That is weird... I wonder if that's an issue for everyone who uses Fullscreen, and not just the higher-res' you're using? Does that mean the windowed screenshots don't get blurry?

Btw, are you taking screenshots with the game's own method, or an external program like Fraps or Screenshot Captor?

The windowed shots are normal it seems, it just when I go full screen that it gets blurry. I am using F11 for my pictures. It's not a big deal but I won't be able to take shots at my native resolution :(

The windowed shots are normal it seems, it just when I go full screen that it gets blurry. I am using F11 for my pictures. It's not a big deal but I won't be able to take shots at my native resolution :(
So I guess that means you never use ReShade? That's quite surprising, actually. (And a testament to your skills, imho) Have you considered an external program for screenshots, just to see if you get the same results? Does the quality seem normal/not blurry while using NEO in Fullscreen?

2560x1440

3440x1440

Maybe that's an issue with 21:9 screen, what's the resolution in your setup.xml

So I guess that means you never use ReShade? That's quite surprising, actually. (And a testament to your skills, imho) Have you considered an external program for screenshots, just to see if you get the same results? Does the quality seem normal/not blurry while using NEO in Fullscreen?

I have used ReShade in the past with PC but I didn't really like it. I still prefer to manually edit since I'm more familiar with it. Tweaking the ReShade settings is too time consuming for me and I don't understand what most of the settings do lol

I will try Fraps and see if it makes a difference.

Maybe that's an issue with 21:9 screen, what's the resolution in your setup.xml

It was on 2560x1440 but I tested it on 3440x1440 and it's still blurry when the poser is maximized to fill the screen. But when it's not maximized it looks sharp.

StudioNEO_64 2017-05-29 10-55-18.jpg

Just wanted to say thank you for the skin and all you've done graphically for this Plastic, it's fantastic. This is 4k non linear in Neo with a couple reshade tweaks . Pretty happy with how things are looking now in new studio.

I am having issues with the graphic patch. It is not letting mods such as shortcuts and other similar mods to not work. I do not have Neo and am using the last ver before Neo. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Or is it just the way it is?

Hello! I have spent some time making an Imgur album to compare a couple of the default curves/presets, some of Linear Rendering Experiment presets, as well as my own, I wasn't planning to make it public but I was asked to do so since it might be helpful to some, I originally made it specifically for someone who seeked colors/curves similar to the default vanilla colors with the graphic enhancer, here it is! imgur [dot] com/a/raFfS
It has 15 images in 4k resolution.

Also linked below are my custom color correction curves (and styles), I'm pretty sure that someone in this thread have already made curves with similar settings, as I just made them to be balanced overall, but I made a couple more darker curves to somewhat be similar to the default colors, if you want to see how they look, check the imgur link above, they are the last 3-4 images in the album.

Ver1/1-6-2017 Available on MEGA
You may want to modify the included Style Presets to have lower BloomBlurSpread values by a couple of units if you have LinearRE installed, as I realized that they're a bit too much.

To use my curves/presets:
After you unzip the files into their respective folders, simply edit your Config.xml or StudioNeoConfig.xml file in HoneySelect/UserData/GraphicSetting/, then change the StylePreset line to experiment_maxencurve0/1/2 (pick one number), it should look like this:
Code:
<StylePreset>experiment_maxencurve0</StylePreset>
0 being the balanced color curve, 1 is slightly darker, 2 is the darkest

The Default presets were too pale, preset 0 was too dark, 4K_CustomCurve was also too dark while also having too much exposure, so I made mine

Note: Flashk1ll has requested from me to repost this from Hongfire

Last edited:
Reactions: nationx
I really, really have to express my gratitude towards this super-awesome mod.

It takes Honey Select to a brand new level. :alice_happy:

Is there any chance to get the old Studio to work with 4k support?
I not really like that NEO thing. Is too confusing for me.
I still don't understand it, why Illusion made an new studio instead to expand the old one.

If not, would it be nice to know which files have to be modifited, that the old Studio can work with 4k textures.
I hope that is not a difficult task, cause I'm not a coder.

I still don't understand it, why Illusion made an new studio instead to expand the old one.

If not, would it be nice to know which files have to be modifited, that the old Studio can work with 4k textures.

+1 same here i like old better than the new

Install the game up till BEFORE 28/4. It starts the Studio Neo. For Graphic patch, I have the old 4K Graphic Patch for Studio Classic, I will send you the link via Private Message. Let me know if things work out well.

Thanks Ram, but unfortunately is it not really working for me.

By setting back my game to 1.11 (before HS Party from 28/4), I got this result, like what you see in the picture.

You will notice, that I have only that sample girl in my list and my others are not listed, although all my girls are in my user char folder.

By inserting your patch, I have no girls in my list.

Thanks Ram, but unfortunately is it not really working for me.

By setting back my game to 1.11 (before HS Party from 28/4), I got this result, like what you see in the picture.

You will notice, that I have only that sample girl in my list and my others are not listed, although all my girls are in my user char folder.

By inserting your patch, I have no girls in my list.

I am not sure what update you missed because that link I provided is last Graphic before it new Graphic patch became compatible with NEO. Check this links from PlasticMind: https://mega.nz/#F!yBdEFBDJ!PGfCcFPPYgxDDOFXLHRXUw

Or try to understand NEO itself.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.