corocoro

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar!
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
Absolutely awesome series in the style of Bram Stoker. I just love it. :P

First Bluray just came out, which might explain why all of a sudden a big breasted Shiki is introduced - the series doesn't really need this, if you ask me...
They also brought unusual levity to the series with the teen vampires quarrels - and the creepy guy finally got punched a bit. :P
The vampires are also far more organised than their original actions suggested - kidnapping, procedure, rankings...
Apart from that it's astonishing how quick they take over the village without people noticing - but now that research on them started I am left wondering when the villagers will start fighting back. Seeing how most of them are forced to sleep during the day (with two known exceptions), they shouldn't actually be too hard to fight down - especially if the mansion is set on fire.

Darn, can't wait until the next episode - this one left me shaking, which is no easy feat...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cocona
Nice episode. Vampires are getting stronger. Toshio acting collapse but was actually planning to use his wife as a experiment was very creepy. i can only think of OH SNAP!!!. Definitely the best and creepiest of shiki as to date.

Now hope things will take a turn for toshio ~

Well, he could certainly use a bit of sleep - those eye rings are humongous. :eek:

Great built-up episode.

Toshio's bloody face and that expression still looks creepy to me. Idiot villagers rejecting to see the video and shrug it off as toshio being tired is RAGEWORTHY.
Toshio desperately and helplessly try to convince ppl and finds allies. Finally, Natsuno's return without other shikis noticing and lending a hand to toshio start a serious counter attack to the shikis. Chizuru LADY GAGA MUCH?LOL. Anyway cant wait for the next episode.

I'm still left wondering if Natsuno is dead or if he managed to fake it - and how he'll get his gay friend to convert. :P
And what's up with introducing werewolves all of a sudden?

@coro

Hmm.. i did wonder if Natsuno is really dead or a shiki. He didnt have the usual shiki red eyes. Notice that when Tohru offer the flowers, the leaves of the tree fall off indicating Natsuno is hiding on top of the tree spying. The father may be somehow managed to hide his body out of the reach of the vampires, telling everyone that he was going to be cremated outside of the town. As for werewolves, we know that they aren't normal shikis and aren't scare of the light. I think the other members of the family might be the original vampires which is not afraid of light.

Well, the father is certainly the most powerful (can go out into the sun and is not afraid of charms), so he might be the original vampire - or just the oldest one or just special - depends on how they want to spin it. :P
The mother and daughter seem to have no special powers so far - nothing they did couldn't have been done by other vampires as well.
What I do find strange is that Tatsumi is also drinking blood - so maybe 'Werewolf' is just describing a class of Shiki that are more powerful - better sense of smell and not afraid of sunlight and what not. Earlier he also referred to himself as a Shiki (saying that he is special amongst them, since he can go out into the sun), so let's say how that turns out.

hmmm, nice points. no less for a character voiced by gackt himself

Another great episode~

Some nice Sunako backstory, i did symphatize with her a little.
Megumi is still a bitch and a hypocrite, why didn't she go for her own family?? Is it safe to say R.I.P Akira?XD. Well looks like Natsuno is not a Shiki but a werewolve and they can sense who will awaken as a Shiki. Definitely looking forward to the alliance between Natsuno and Toshio. Seishin should man up and do something since he is one of the main characters.

It's going to be very interesting very soon. :P

Let's see who will be left standing and in what form at the end. ;)

yeah, with natsuno's identity confirmed, the story may well move on.
though we do have only 6 episodes left

natsuno screen time is soo little i thought that i would see him more after he wake up from the dead "orz
need more natsuno
hehe forgot to put it

Last edited:
People, remember to use spoiler tags for things revealing the story. >_>

Still building up ~_~

Everyone is technically at their ends. Toshio and Ritsuko got bitten, Seishin finally makes a move by turning himself in lol. Mr panda eyes and Kaori begging for death. Natsuno running frm Tatsumi. The other villagers are so stupid (they deserve to die!). WHRS THE COUNTERATTACK? May be they will counterattack when they are shikis?XD

Right now the Risen seem to have all the aces in their hands - can't wait to see how the whole affair will end!

Fight of the werewolves! Well, sort off. :P
Anyway, we find out a bit more about werewolves and Natsuno is found out by the other Shiki - asked to join or die. Additionally, Sunako is confirmed to be the leader of the Shiki and Ritsuko is shown to be Risen now. We also get to see Toshio fighting against the mind control and quite obviously tricking Chizuru into going to the festival with him. He also manages to reveal her as a risen - and now the village knows what's going on. The final battle draws close.

wow, finally solved natsuno's identity to us, looks like things are set for a climatic finale

Finally what i waiting for~

Finally reach the turning point after so many built-up episodes. We get to know some info about werewolves. Tatsumi is wearing a flamboyant outfit lol. Some nice little details/scenes for some of the characters. Toshio's way of revealing the existence of Shikis is very cool and badass. That 'I WIN , JUST AS PLANNED FACE' is just so awesome.

Looks like Natsuno bit Ozaki and put a hypnosis on him that would allow him to resist other hypnoses. R.I.P Lady Gaga. Really excited for next episode to see how the villagers fight the Shikis.

war breaks out finally, looking forward to see the shikis hunted nad the finale in 3 more episodes

Chizuru is pretty much dead and I can't help feeling sad for her - after all she just wanted to live a peaceful life. Before turning she had a bad husband and after she couldn't find happiness either. That I actually feel sad for a villain just goes to show how great this anime is.
The villagers are now split into three groups - those that are fleeing, those that are fighting like fanatics and those that are helping the Shiki (willingly or not).
The Shiki are preparing for the attack and try to stop the "rebellion" by going after Toshio and thinning out the village. Megumi realises that Yuuki is back and Ritsuko shows what true willpower means.
All in all it's heading to the final confrontation. The Shikis revert to hiding for the time being and the villagers go onto a killing rampage. The fight has started for earnest now.

Another great episode~

Only 3 episodes left ! Hope they give a satisfying conclusion to the series. The war has started. The hunters have now immediately become the hunted. The interesting thing is that the regular Shiki don’t seem to have superpowers. The only reason why they were so successful during the majority of this series was because of that excellent stealth game that they played. The only ones who seem like they can make the difference are the werewolves, along with Seishirou and Seishin. Especially the latter intrigued me like no other in this episode: what kind of difference here can he make with Sunako next to him?

I do feel a little bad for Lady Gaga and her backstory. Kaori also looks like she finally broke. Ritsuko's situation is also very interesting. I was disturbed by the blue hair woman holding her rotten child a bit. Natsuno was missing in this episode, i wonder what happened to him?=P

On an unrelated note, Tatsumi's fashion sense is something to behold and LOL.

Last edited:
The raid on Kanemasa was not a complete failure - they find several Shikis hidden and stake them, with Toshio having to give instructions where to place the stake at.
The Shiki retaliation also found its first victim - Toshios mother was killed in a way that forbids rising. The murdered was Oosaki's son, hiding in a closet upstairs - and Oosaki turns out to be as tough as Toshio, staking his son.
While they bury their victims Toshio realises that there must be another large hideout and Oosaki points out that they searched everywhere except the underground. Before they can make their way to the pipeline one of the villagers is shot by Seishirou. Before he can claim another victim he is interrupted by Yuuki. Seishirou tries to convert Yuuki and reveals more about his past, before shooting his opponent.
Seishin continues to serve as mobile food dispenser for Tatsumi and Sunako, about whom we also learn a few more titbits (mostly her relationship with Seishirou and Chizuru as well as her fear of death). Ritsuko meanwhile continues to endure and starve herself. She may very well be the key for Shikis and humans to get along - but whether it works out will have to be seen. Either way her pleading lead to another nurse being let go, so the humans will soon know of the last Shiki fortress left.
Oosaki and Toshio are at odds what to do with humans helping Shiki - with Toshio making clear that they can't be killed, since that would be murder. Once one of the controlled humans tries to assassinate Oosaki the whole point apparently becomes moot - while Toshio is seeing to the wounded woman the perpetrator is staked.

I find it interesting how both Sunako (via Seishin and Seishirou) and Ritsuko (and by extension Toru & Yuuki) could serve as possible ambassadors between Shiki and humans. Ritsuko/Toru/Yuuki by not feeding on humans and trying to preserve what they where before - Ritsuko dying because of it and Toru being eaten by guilt about his own weakness. Sunako on the other hand is the oldest of the Shiki and yet she also feels guilt about murdering so many people - whether this is genuine (and thus mirroring Ritsuko and Toru) or just her fear of death (seeing her imminent end as punishment for her deeds) remains to be seen.

On an unrelated note they changed the music during the title from the eerie one they had before to a more upbeat sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Panda_409 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
sorry,https://www.anime-sharing.com/members/nihonjaki90.129971/ link is dead,can you reupload it?thank u!
a3526370 wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01031777.html
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/230414-色仕掛け工房-淫魔てんぷてーしょん-ver23-08-21-rj01031777.1302627/
please upload version 2.0.0 thanks!
AUO wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi is there Can you reupload this?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01042053.html

Could you please upload this game?I have spent months searching for it, but no luck at all.