• Taste

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

orisa

RL Siscon. Problem?
Sep 25, 2011
Let's assume you are about to lose some of your five senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell, touch).
Rank your five senses--from most to least fatal if you lost them based on YOUR life, NOT generally speaking (so there should be no argument between anyone).
Try to explain your choices :3

Most Fatal

• Sight: Pretty much a necessity if I wanna keep living in artistic industry, if I lost my sight I'd pretty much end my life there. Not to mention I would personally not be able to live in darkness 24/7 without going psycho.
  • Taste: I might sound like a fat slob but if I lost my taste I'd probably be walking bones and flesh because I won't ever have the pleasure of eating food that I love and gain too much stress.
  • Hearing: This is a choice more from entertainment standpoint, but I can't imagine not having music in my world, or not being able to listen to my favorite actors and actresses.
  • Touch: Only thing I'm overly worried about over here is not being able to feel that significant other--I'd be more sorry for her than I'd be for myself.
  • Smell: Not too worried about this. In fact as far as I'm concerned not being able to smell certain odors would be a plus for me. But then again, I haven't lost any of my senses so I may just be ignorant.
Least Fatal

From my experience, you could kind of tell what the person is like by how he values his senses ^^

Ive read an article of sorts somewhere and touch seems to be quite important. Without touch you cant tell how hard you are pressing keys on the computer and will probably be bleeding by the time you finish typing (might have to cut off your fingers/hand soon). You can also hurt yourself horribly and not notice till it is too late. Eating would also be a pain as you will probably hurt yourself chewing. I currently value my arts and physical fitness the most so losing touch which makes me unable to draw and ruin my health would be the worst. It would also affect my ability to write and talk.
Sight is quite important to me since i plan to do visual arts and i would hate to not be able to watch anime. It would also ruin my chances of learning certain things. I would affect my writing and speaking.
Hearing warns of dangers. Hissing off snakes, buzzing of wasps, Growling of bears. I also love music and talking quite a bit.
Losing taste would make my lonely meals all the worse. I would finally eat my veggies or not since the feel of biting into them is also a reason i hate them and might eat rotten stuff without knowing.
Smell is also pretty important. Sometimes the "bad" smells are warnings (like with rotten food, no sour smell, eat, too late to regret now) and smell adds to the experience when eating.

I've thought about these things many times before, and my conclusion is that I would worry more if I loss my sight.
Most of the thing I do in my life rely more on sight, like my work, hobby and passion.

If bioshock has taught me anything its that if you lose the ability to feel your likely to bite your tounge of in ignorance, partially destroying taste as well not to mention if you ever went to clean your ears....

Sight is way more important to me. If I can't see almost anything, I will be blind in everything.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

thebreaker2 wrote on Shine's profile.
RJ153517 ver 1.14

Please could you reupload these?
Thank you very much.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
AUO wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload this?
アオハループ
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
Also, could you update this one please? The bugs are horrendous and they put many additional features. Thanks.
アノ子は僕の性奴隷
Morisoba1988 wrote on Shine's profile.

[240117][VRゲーム屋さん] 【VR】学びな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?~ [RJ01133621]

Do you have the latest versions of these?