Please recommend anime for mature viewers

Well, I usually watch the newer Animes, but if you haven't watched "Clannad", then you really should ;)
Otherwise, maybe you can find something from my anime review. No serious spoilers included.

Welcome to the NHK
Eden of the East if you like Bourne Identity kinda stuff.
Un-Go was amazing. It could get sci-fi-ish at times but not too much.
Like has already been said, FLCL. It was great.
Full Metal Alchemist is pretty amazing and has a little something for everyone. It got pretty dark at times though.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was a good comedy but it`s geared more toward teens in my opinion.
Monster was a really good mystery. I`d recommend it.

And, kinda on the fence about puttin this one down cause it was kinda more of a late-teens kinda show, but Angel Beats was hands down the funniest anime I`ve ever seen. Which is really saying something considering how serious it was half the time.

And for your daughter, sorry but nothing I`ve watched is child friendly all the way through. All I can think of that comes close are Lucky Star and K-ON! and, being geared toward guys with full girl casts, they still had their moments. Though all I can remember specifically in K-ON! were a few panty shots.

Deadman Wonderland was great. Highschool of the Dead is a good bloody one if you like zombies. Darker then Black is another good dark mature show. Kinda tough to say what my favorite one is cuz i've seen so much lately lol.

For your daughter
A Little Snow Fairy Sugar
Yumeiro Patissiere
Gakuen Alice
Full Moon wo Sagashite *
Happy Seven
Pretear*
Shugo chara*
Munto
Tokyo Mew Mew*
Princess Tutu*
Ultra Maniac*
Magic Knight Rayearth*

* indicate that it something similar to card captors in a way

For you and your wife for comedy w/ some slice and life and other
Tales of the Abyss
Bokura Ga Ita
D.N. Angel
Fushigi Yuugi
Aishiteruze Baby
Hatenkou Yuugi
True Tears
Romeo x Juliet
and Definitely Clannad

Last edited:
A fine comedy/slice of life series for mature viewers is Usagi Drop aka Bunny Drop!

A brief description:

When 30-year-old Daikichi returns home for his grandfather's funeral he learns about the existence of Rin, his grandfather's illegitimate six-year-old daughter by an unknown mother. The girl is an embarrassment to all his relatives and is treated as an outcast. Annoyed by their attitude, Daikichi decides to take care of Rin himself, even though he is single and has no experience raising a child. As Rin becomes part of his life, Daikichi experiences the hardship of a single parent. He is befriended by the single mother of Kouki Nitani, a friend Rin meets in nursery school, who gives him advice on raising Rin. After a year has passed, Daikichi acknowledges his sacrifices for Rin have been worth it.

I've just finished Usagi Drop, and found it to be very clever and heartwarming, a series that couples with children would enjoy and empathize with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

AnimeDreamX wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
27292936 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload RJ01095149?
Thanks in advance.
yagonazumi wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, can you please re-upload this with the bonus version? The creator has updated the bonus of about 200MB.
[RJ296520]
All links are dead. sadge
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Please upload this urgently
CUSTOM OREDER MAID 3D2&2.5 GP-03