Nyaa situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nyaa Offline, Possibly for Good?!>!

Damn now how do i get my super sanic_hegehog 3rd edition torrent now :((
THIS IS MADNESS MAN

Last edited:

Actually, with the action they took in Europe, he could easily have been arrested and put away for life, just for owning the site.

For now promising look
https://anidex.info

https://pantsu.cat/ for now looks dead, it's only have old list, same you can find in https://btdig.com/ or https://torrentz.ht (and etc.) but they have latest torrents too. In Faq they say "nyaa.pantsu.cat and sukebei.pantsu.cat do not host any files." so it's look no uploads in future

I can be wrong, but it's how it's looks for now

It is such a pity. I used to download like 99% of stuff from there;/

Olivier Fallaix, French Market Manager at Crunchyroll and Olivier Cervantès, founder of Wakanim (french editor):

"We are pleased to see that the authorities have finally been able to put an end to the activity of this site. We do not know at the moment which organism is at the origin of the cut, nor if the administrator was arrested. "

According to them, and as I said in my previous post, it is indeed the competent authorities who, after working with the French publishers, had the site closed via an organization, but which one? mystery...

Link to the article ...
So it's still weird that on the side of Nyaa, they say it was they themselves who stopped the site, right?

XxggxX

Or maybe it's just a way to impose fear for other sites regardless of which way the cite was closed. Although, i have a feeling they have nothing to do with it(authorities or whoever).

Reactions: GGib

I do not know anything ... my English is not very good so temporarily sukebei.pantsu.cat while changing the web to another server outside of Europe?

If the case is that this will be the new web format that I do not like anything -.- '' I prefer the one that had sukebei.nyaa

XxggxX

Or maybe it's just a way to impose fear for other sites regardless of which way the cite was closed. Although, i have a feeling they have nothing to do with it(authorities or whoever).
I agree.

It's quite ridiculous though how they want to claim everything to themselves. They might be the license owners, but they would be nothing without fansubbers, nyaa and streaming sites. People just wouldn't know as much about anime. And now they try to take all the profit to themselves.

Dark times have come.
All i can do is to seed.
Waiting for new spring.

I agree.

It's quite ridiculous though how they want to claim everything to themselves. They might be the license owners, but they would be nothing without fansubbers, nyaa and streaming sites. People just wouldn't know as much about anime. And now they try to take all the profit to themselves.
Seriously! Yes, fuck these people. It's a lot like the doubled edged sword on piracy as well or games preservation. Chances are anime would not be what it is today if it weren't for sites like nyaa, fansubbers, and free open communities spreading the medium and awareness. This does nothing good for any parties.

They will of course, argue otherwise, saying people who torrent take away SOOOO much of their profit, lol.
As if. =3=
If anything, it helps get the word out about an anime. Hell, a lot of the stuff that I torrent and watch never comes stateside on a english, or subtitled release, which leaves me with that as the only option.

The western anime market doesn't really generate much for the Anime creators. (really, if any)
Nowadays Anime market are kept alive by selling rights to Chinese streaming sites.
Not like you gonna pay $40 for an anime DVD when you can get a high-profile movie Blu-ray for the same price.
Yet the Chinese pay like $1 or less for Anime streaming per month and the sheer number of audiences make the sum big enough and makes the creators happy.
No, they don't sell DVD and shit in China, no one want them anyway. (Just import it from Japan instead)

Japanese creators hate Nyaa because it affected their local Japanese audience.
Having a "distributor" in the west make them able to hit Nyaa with local licensing. (even if selling nothing)
I doubt the creators will bother hitting fansubs (unless they post raw, or leak things in advance of schedule).
There is no money to gain in hitting fansub sites or distribution. Though, once a site get too big, it becomes a valuable target.

I am French and I learned some things from safe sources. It's the French animation publishers (wakanim, Anime Digital Network ...) who are leagued against nyaa and who have managed to stop the site thanks to European laws. I do not yet have the name of the organization that suspended the domain but it is very likely that the administrator of nyaa has been arrested or is going to be arrested very soon.

We have to be careful because publishers like Wakanim are always tracking the site that distributes their license, in French or not ... (even the raws ...) and since this editor belongs mostly to Aniplex, I bet that it is the Japanese publishers who act on these sites by using European laws through the French publishers.

Personally, I would recommend to anime-sharing to remove the anime section if they do not want problems like what is undergoing nyaa right now. For the hentai games, artbook ... we have no editors specialized in these markets for the moment in France (and that belong to Japanese companies) so there is no worry at the moment. But sites like horriblesubs for example may be affected also in the months to come ...

There are days when I regret to be French. I buy my series but I also like to own them for free while waiting for it to come out in bluray ... (and often, the English translation is better than the French translations).

PS : I apologize for my English, I still have a lot of effort to do in writing ^^

Depends....is Anime Sharing based in Europe? I don't know why people still want to base servers in the West instead of safer places like India or SEA

Depends....is Anime Sharing based in Europe? I don't know why people still want to base servers in the West instead of safer places like India or SEA

SA countries tends to have erm... Law against erotic content? "Regular" anime with boobs bouncing certainly is already no-go.
SEA countries tends to be more copyright protected just like USA or Japan.

The worst part of it is just how backwards JP and EU are going in regards to their IP protections. If they really wanted to protect it, they'd never release it over T.V and only release it on Pay Per Disc subscription. XD By that, I mean, they've done all the work, but the only people that could get it to watch would be those willing to spend out the ass for each individual episode or disc with 2. So yeah, all they're doing is sticking their head up their ass and screwing people over everywhere.

SA countries tends to have erm... Law against erotic content? "Regular" anime with boobs bouncing certainly is already no-go.
SEA countries tends to be more copyright protected just like USA or Japan.
Depend really, some country aren't really part of the protected law, China for example, they do have activity against Piracy, but is a lot less more extreme compare to the West.

The things about the Nyaa going down is, hardly, if any more profit are generated for the Publishers in the West, in the US as example, SAO novel only sold about 30k and it was considered the massive hit and reducing the plus licensing cost, the profits is actually pretty small, so expected that number is a lot lower in EU, in fact, the whole law court might cost far more than the actual profits. Like above mentioned, the anime actual gain right now is in China for streaming site and BD selling, the stream price is cheap, but it generated literally millions of viewers, and much more accessible as well.

Purely from stastistics, chance are, for the period of 1-3 months, the sales might actually gone up, but after that it will going down quick, since anime publishers now have less marketing and popularity, and the fanbase outside Japan will generated less and less new viewers each years since the method of acquiring the TV version become harder, most people with knowledge and from the current age like us have no problem of getting still, but new viewers will have trouble with that.

Raw however, is a rather delicate matter, it's actually hard to tell whether the Raw is good or bad for the sales. But in general, the JP seem to thinks that the appearance of the raw on the internet hurt their own income, so they trying to shut down website on outside the country, if you think it back, they have been doing this for a while, the DMCA things. The whole nyaa getting shutdown is just an extension of that.

Depend really, some country aren't really part of the protected law, China for example, they do have activity against Piracy, but is a lot less more extreme compare to the West.

If you post licensed anime on your site you get sued in China by other streaming sites
If you post unlicensed anime on your (big) site, you offend the authorities by posting content that isn't (yet) approved.

The worst part of it is just how backwards JP and EU are going in regards to their IP protections. If they really wanted to protect it, they'd never release it over T.V and only release it on Pay Per Disc subscription. XD By that, I mean, they've done all the work, but the only people that could get it to watch would be those willing to spend out the ass for each individual episode or disc with 2. So yeah, all they're doing is sticking their head up their ass and screwing people over everywhere.

China is one weird place that streaming sites buy licenses not intended for (large) profit but run effectively on "donations", or by promoting other branches of the corporation.

Last edited:

Just letting people know. The link below is a full nyaa replacement. Everything that was on nyaa, up to the day it went down, is there. We need to get the word out so the torrents can be active again.

https://www.acgnx.se/

Here is a copy and past from their site.

Your post didn't copy the link address for the registration correctly, so I'm posting it here. Thanks for the wonderful news.

https://www.acgnx.se/user.php?o=reg

Edit: checked it out, and the highest seeded torrent is at 2 seeders... How exactly did they transfer the torrents to this site? Wouldn't the torrents have the same hash and seed population as it would have on Nyaa, or am I not understanding the basics of torrent files?

Not trying to be an ass, just an honest concern caused by a lack of understanding on my part.

Last edited:

My retard sensor is high for that site. If I were you, I'd keep myself away from that site.

It also seems to only be for the normal nyaa, is there any news about a sukebei replacement?

If you think it's a bad site I will delete my post. Sorry for the confusion.

If you think it's a bad site I will delete my post. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't think it's a bad site. It's very young for sure as it's earliest torrent was posted on 17/04/19 16:35. Something just seems off to me about the lack of connections to the torrents that were apparently "backed up".(I have questions about how this was done since nyaa's last backup was March if I remember correctly)

But regardless of how it is set up, I made 2 accounts there, and on my alt I tried downloading a torrent that had 2 seeders(the highest I could find), under my virtual drive, through a proxy. The tracker showed 2 peers, but the torrent itself was only giving me 1 connection, and a slow as hell one at that(my proxy was only set to use 2 nodes I'm familiar with). No viruses though, and antivirus didn't show any extra connection attempts.

I don't know if it is legit, but something just seems off to me. Keep the link up if you want, it's your call. I'm personally gonna avoid it for a bit and see what happens.

http://btkitty.kim

^ That's basically a long standing nyaa mirror from China. It's been indexing every nyaa torrent magnet for years. It should have 99% of the old stuff on nyaa. Not sure if it indexes what sites are being used as an alternative. The only sucky thing about it, is no way to sort things(like show only Games, only anime, only hentai, etc). It's ugly and has too many ads. You'd want to use an ad blocker when going there.

Last edited:

Lets hope it comes back. Noticed this already a few days ago but its not that uncommon to go offline for a while for such a site.
However, we have nearly like 5 days now which is very much. Looks like the site has been shut down for good by the owner.

Maybe someone revives it or makes a new alternative + adding all the content from nyaa on it. But this is would be a big and time consuming thing, plus all the legal issues that the new owner would have to deal with. If we have bad luck thats it and we wont get it back anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Ronove wrote on Lebedev's profile.
reupl part2 of this game please
mizuno ai wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you reupload RJ01056054 ?
Amgoose wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
The old link

This one (https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01113293.html)
The game seems to have gotten removed from dlsite? I don't know why but I was able to find it in fanza

https://www.dmm.co.jp/dc/doujin/-/detail/=/cid=d_318150/

Would it be possible to upload this?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
I'd like to request a game for you to upload.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Would itbe possible fro you to upload this one?

Not sure if best to post here or in PM