New modding club HQ

Hi folks!! Cool... Modding WILL survive! I agree with you Inquisitor, AS is a nice base of operation "in case"... We need a place to prevent instinction of that cool hobby. Strange how it felt when I tought it was all gone... Sad...

signature_anim_Changying1.jpgsignature_ChangyingAS1B.jpgsignature_anim_Changying1.jpgsignature_ChangyingAS1A.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Inquisitor
Hi folks!! Cool... Modding WILL survive! I agree with you Inquisitor, AS is a nice base of operation "in case"... We need a place to prevent instinction of that cool hobby. Strange how it felt when I tought it was all gone... Sad...

Horrible, horrible feeling it was -- I almost cried -- though I found these guys pretty fast so then there was only joy!

Reactions: Inquisitor
This site with a decent modding community would just be like it was all them years ago when we had the torrents
and downloads at hongfire and i'm really starting to like this place a lot, no way i'll be leaving hongfire for good though, been there way too long. :)

Just went to HF... It's back! Still, a few things seems to be missing. Like the site was restore to a previous back up. Some latest posts, rep and messages are missing, but the rest work fine. I admit, I like to be here too... Nice to have more then one place. It's like in a big winter storm when you loose electricity. Always nice to have a back up plan.

Hurray! Finally! These needs some serious celebration!

:loudverdict: -"friggin party time people!"

the idea for a second base of operations should probably be continued...just in case...also that way we won't be all spread out and know where to go...this place seems like a good location for that

it's true,on the one hand you can understand that they are noobs on the other hand they made the place lack order...then i consider i never asked questions much...I always tried to find my own solution first...so yeah i can understand your point of view,Darziel left just for those reasons...

Hey Capt, today you just get a landing page that says be patient. Nothing else works.

heheh still maintenance yea?? tonight i was check HF and site say HF is UP @__@
when i open HF,there is just folder like what yea ( i can't explain it, i think like white for tutorial games [ hope u know what i mean ] )
and now hf full page [ im login and same like u,page still not yet for thread and other,just be patient ]
i think just waiting until he's restore all :)

it's true,on the one hand you can understand that they are noobs on the other hand they made the place lack order...then i consider i never asked questions much...I always tried to find my own solution first...so yeah i can understand your point of view,Darziel left just for those reasons...

Just out of curiosity, how much time did Darziel spend updating the wiki of whatever games he used to mod? As a newbie combing through 3 or 4 threads to mod a game, I plan on learning how to do that myself. It seems like a great place to sort and compartmentalize all the information I come across and I think any time I invest doing that will save me a lot of time in the future, as well as give the more experienced modders a place to quickly refer newer modders.

Darziel mostly made texture improvement mods, I'm not sure how much he contributed to the wiki's.

Hey Capt, today you just get a landing page that says be patient. Nothing else works.
Got the same problem today, now it's in repair... Probably trying to restore what was missing. We'll see...
Maybe not so much a second base for me, but a new primary base. The lack of thread moderation on HF has made it too large and cluttered. With noobs coming in with their "where is this" "how do I do this" because they can't find anything easily, it's expanding expotentially - and not in a good way.

I checked in to HF this evening to see if they were back up. They are, and I had a PM from Futaboy saying that there's a gathering here. I didn't even bother to look to see what was lost this time, but came straight here. I think I'll stick around AS and only lurk on HF for the time being.

That's cool. I have the intention of comming here too. HF is still my home, but I will contribute here too, my way of saying thanks to AS for beeing here for us.

Darziel mostly made texture improvement mods, I'm not sure how much he contributed to the wiki's.

Kind of like me then. I actually got on Hf for a little bit yesterday and I was amazed to to find a lot of stuff I'm asking about now has already been explained in detail with pictorial supplements (and yeah, I was a little embarrassed too, there was a time when I had read almost every post in 3 or 4 threads but I'm missing a few months.) That being said, I'm reminded of a story about a Physics final exam where four students had to determine the amount of time it would take for the center of a turkey to reach a certain temperature when cooking in the oven. Three of the students devised complex strategies for solving the problem. The fourth student simply called his mother and asked her. All of them came up with approximately the same answer.

I just think when you have multiple people, who may themselves be working on multiple things, at multiple skill levels, over a period of months or years, all posting in the same thread, a little clutter is to be expected.

Come to think of it, I think he actually did a lot of other things - including wiki contribution. Yeah, we're all standing on the shoulders of giants.

Whew...finally found my way here! I haven't been able to log-in to HF until today, so thanks to Futaboy for letting me know about this place!
My favorite thing over there was sharing ladies for AG3, though unfortunately, I lost a pretty large upload post due to the forum being restored back to the 20th of October...
Bah, I don't want to bring everyone down, this seems like a pretty positive/cool environment! Privileged to be here, thanks, A-S! It's nice to see some familiar faces, glad to meet some new ones!
:breakin:

Well, post them here then! (though posting pics is a pain, I've found a work-around) I stayed up way too late last night updating my upload posts. I think I've found a new home here.

Love your avatar!
Yo, DeUglyOne! I'd love to re-upload my post here, but where would I do it? There doesn't appear to be any AG3 threads for uploading girls just yet, so I'm kinda at a loss for the moment.
Thanks about the Avatar, btw! I changed it to that one on Hongfire a couple days before it died...lol! I gotta show love for Kurohime, always!
:runhappy:

Hmm might should mirror releases from now on. seeing as hf may go down at important times.

Hmm might should mirror releases from now on. seeing as hf may go down at important times.
I already did that for all my releases because I spent a lot of time on those release posts (all the links and so on). Each time I released an update to a patch I released it both here and on HF. I think that FutaBoy does the same. I guess we have just seen it one time too many to not know better. :/

What had happened to HF?
Any ETA?
All we know is that Hong doesn't have any free time atm and Shragei is not around. It may take a while to fix the problem or it may get fixed before we know it. :)

Damn, it's been down for quite a while now, hasn't it? Well, I guess as long as we have somewhere to retreat to, it's no biggie.
Hope it had nothing to do with my Anti-Putin comments, lol.
...Seriously, it went down the day after I posted about him...coincidence?
:dead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.