[Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

@enimaroah

I am okay for both ways :)

By the way, can you tell me what have changed between v1.5.21 & v1.6.4 in regard of face morphs?

I notice that the mesh and morph are now merged, weighting is added, and the blendshape naming is different now.
What I get is naming like "bs06" instead of "bs06_ha"; even I directly export it and import it back, the change of naming still occurs.

Another bug is that the blendshape isn't fully working when I use v1.6.4. The morphs are there (at least some, if not all), but the order is messed up, e.g. morph 00 is supposed to be the closed state of 0th expression, but instead, it becomes, say, 5th expression now. I can go back to v1.5.21 without problem, but I still want to know what is the cause about this.

Yes, the renaming was required to align the results for Blender with Autodesk editors. But I have seen that the underscore may cause problems (e.g. in SBPR where the underscore is used).

The other problem might be related to this, not sure. What is '00'? The morphs should be matched by their names. Any example from HS or SBPR or a workfile from you?

Each release has a ChangeLog.txt file in which I put every change (except for very trivial ones).

There is a number before each morph which FaceBlendShape monoscript used for identification.

e.g. in cf_O_head, the first eye morph is 00: e00_def_cl.

In the FaceBlendShape monoscript, under cf_O_head there is an array size of 40.
Each array contains a close state and a open state int32 value, which points to the number I refer to.

e.g. first array
Close (int32): 0 -> 00: e00_def_cl
Open (int32): 1 -> 01: e00_def_op

which is the first set of expression (default close and open) you can choose in the studio.

But when I use the new SB3UGS version, there is something wrong in identifying the correct morphs.
I can use the older version without problem; I can even add more expressions myself.

Don't have the workfile on hand at the moment. I corrected it using the old version.
If I come up with the problem again I may attach a new file later.

Ah, I see. That is a sequencial number, an index (not even present in the any file, neither in an fbx nor in an unity3d). But I now see that this index is used in the FaceBlendShape MonoBehaviour. Thanks for the heads-up. This relation is not considered in any version of Sb3UGS! The MB is never touched for any morph editing.

Do you by any chance use an older fbx file? an export created with an older version of Sb3UGS? Since the naming conventions were changed Sb3UGS could get confused by older files. It is meant to handle only exports which it created itself.

edit:
itself and after editing with 3d editors, of course.

BTW, the new texture mapping feature when merging materials is ready and released.

Hey guys,

I'm busy importing some hairstyles and the like from XNALARA. I've noticed that, once ported, the left and right parts often have different ways of reflecting light, which is very noticeable from certain angles. Can anybody point me in the right direction how to fix this?

Here's an example of what I mean: https://i.imgbox.com/bO6TZD9S.png

@Dr.Bloodmoney
Prio #1 for all lighting problems : the normals. They are the base of every light effect. Normals can be modified with the BumpMap texture. So the Bumpmap has to match your MainTex texture, it cant be a random one from somewhere else. Tangents depend on normals and need also be correct for light effects. They are computed from normals and UVs. So dont change the geometry afterwards.

But shaders can use more textures than these two, and then you have to maintain those slots in the material.

Reactions: Dr.Bloodmoney
@Dr.Bloodmoney

In addition to normals, tangents also take part in light reflection. Tangents are in red and blue, representing different coordinate systems (left-handed or right handed), therefore their directions are always in opposite (i.e. red tangent pointing up = blue tangent pointing down). If they are not used correctly they can produce light problem as well. Use tangent flipping function in SB3UGS can solve some problem (but not all). For special cases the hair may have to be divided into different meshes, to ensure that each hair "strand" have their tangents acted in correct way.

@enimaroah

Turns out I figured out why my last morph import failed. SB3UGS adds "_0" to each morph (e.g. e00_def_cl => e00_def_cl_0) and then strips everything after the last "_" when the morphs are re-imported.

Using old imports with morphs like "e00_def_cl", "e00_def_op" will be both striped as "e00_def", thus making the latter morph replacing the former one.

Questions:
1. What is the ending number used for? The "0" in "e00_def_cl_0".
2. Can SB3UGS strips in a better way, e.g. stripping "_int" instead of "_string" ?

Reactions: Dr.Bloodmoney
I also have problem importing morphs using SB3UGS. I got error msg no. of vert not the same and invalid index (can't remember exactly). And the naming as Aastaroth said.

From trial and error I can get morphs working by doing the following...
1. use SB3UGS v.1.4.2 (I tried 1.0.54delta, 1.2.2, 1.5.28, 1.6.4 they were giving me different error msg and the resulting morphs not working in game.)
2. rename target names before export FBX
3. do a few morphs replacement at a time (2-3), drag and drop all or too many morphs resulting in some not being replaced or get error msg.

Sorry, I can't give a very specific info, I didn't do a full test.

The naming schema for morphs was changed to support submeshes (last number) and in-between blend-shapes. This schema also allows working in Maya and Blender with these aforementioned features and the displayed names in Maya and Blender can be understood.

But the naming schema is no longer compatible to older exports, correct. And you cant use multiple versions of Sb3UGS to work on the same files.

If you dont need the new features and need to use old files then you should work with an old version of Sb3UGS. Working with the new version requires to use the new naming schema. Export one original mesh with morphs to see the new naming, then align the names in your project.

@enimaroah

I see I see. But submesh numbers are integers (unless the hex number function is necessary), and if SB3UGS strips only integers not strings, then it would have more compatibility against old exports. It may also fix the bug of stripping the blendshape name as well (bs00_eye => bs00).

Sometimes I exported meshes which accidentally ends with _a, _b... etc and SB3UGS wrongly recognized them as submeshes 10, 11 etc :P

Just a suggestion though. I can still modify my scripts to accommodate the changes in SB3UGS - indeed I have already changed that. No big deal.

@nneezz

The error message occurs because vertices were split when you import the fbx into SB3UGS (you got kick back by the features you suggested... :P).
Sewing UVs before exporting the fbx usually solves the problem. Or you just re-export the mesh and do the morphs again. (I use scripts so re-creating morphs from scratch isn't that inconvenient).

Vert splitting doesn't seem to matter. I use the same FBX (morph with verts split) with different SB3UGS versions. And 1.4.2 got it working without having to sew the UV.

The naming can be easily changed before export FBX so it's not much of the problem. The only thing is that, although version 1.4.2 works, when doing a batch replacement (more than 4-5 morphs) some of them got error or not being replaced properly. Using the same morphs, but only replacing 2-3 morphs at a time gives no error at all.

Do you guys have suggestion which version I should be using? If not, it's fine, I can live with 1.4.2. But the batch replacement problem looks like a bug to me so I guess I should let you know.

I don't encounter your problem in fact. Everytime I just replaced all morphs and it worked fine. I used v1.2.10, v1.5.21, and v1.6.4 from time to time. Can't say which is the best for importing the morphs though. Later versions bundled morphs with meshes so it is more convenient to replace head meshes using only one file.

The vert split is the only major issue I encountered with. Naming is different from time to time but as long as you studied the naming schema it is not a problem. Perhaps your problem only exists between v1.2.10 and v1.5.21?

@nneezz:
That's sounds like a bug indeed. Would you mind sharing the FBX file and could you tell me which head file you are using?

Versions, v1.4.2 is okay for old files with morphs. I began with the morph changes in v1.5.0. The last morph related changes were in v1.6.2. But then I would suggest to use the latest version v1.6.5.

@Aastaroth:
arghhh, you are right. The original bs_eye loses its _eye on import in Sb3UGS. I will see about your suggestion to limit this to numbers or similar.

i found a plugin for blender version to import xnalara and exported to obj format but tool says mesh needs to triangulate.... how do i do that?

Triangulation in Blender
  1. Select the mesh with the triangle icon. Make sure that this takes you into Edit mode. Click a second time on the triangle icon if you were in Object mode.
  2. From the Mesh menu go to Faces / Triangulate Faces.
Note the red arrow at the top of the screenshot. You see the number of faces there. This number should change when quads are converted.
Triangulat764a.jpg

@Aastaroth, @enimaroah

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem with the FBX I have at the moment. The file might have been replaced somehow. But I definitely got the import bug more than once. If I encounter it next time I'll make sure to record it for you.

@nneezz:
The only thing I can think of is that there is an error related to the naming schema. Too bad, that your file cant be found. If you can remember which errors you got, then it might help me as well.

I have eliminated the stripping of that last part in the names, and I also verified that Maya versions since 2016 Update 5 are working. There were versions which appended _BlendShape / _BlendShapeChannel when those were newly created. Must have been somewhere before. So make sure that your Maya versions are at least 2016 Update 5. And for newer versions make sure that you switch to FBX2014/2015 exports.

The last time I checked, Blender failed for FBX2017. SB3UGS will wait for Blender with the new version.

Now there are two aspects about it:
1) is it a map or an item? Some modders prefer to create maps as items. For items I highly recommend to create a special file for HIR/HIR_Neo which brings us to the second aspect.
2) the good old studio or studio_neo? The list entries are differently organized in the two. And again I highly recommend to use HIR/HIR_Neo.

The HIR tools ensure that item IDs are generated and used sequencially. If you would create the correct ID in your environment you couldn't release that mod without breaking items for others.

For understanding IDs you can follow the tutorial in the Glossary if HF wakes up again.

Now there are two aspects about it:
1) is it a map or an item? Some modders prefer to create maps as items. For items I highly recommend to create a special file for HIR/HIR_Neo which brings us to the second aspect.
2) the good old studio or studio_neo? The list entries are differently organized in the two. And again I highly recommend to use HIR/HIR_Neo.

The HIR tools ensure that item IDs are generated and used sequencially. If you would create the correct ID in your environment you couldn't release that mod without breaking items for others.

For understanding IDs you can follow the tutorial in the Glossary if HF wakes up again.

1) it is a car
2) i dont know. i am using both neo and old studio but lately i am getting hang on neo in future i am using that

Then I suggest that you read HIR and HIR_Neo release posts in HF, not sure if both have been released here too. Then generate such installation files and let those tools do their job and install your car in your environment.

It is always easier to begin modding with an export of an object similar to the one you are going to mod. In a 3d editor you will then size your object accordingly.

But there is an alternative. The tutorial is called "Rescaling Meshes Using World Coordinates" and linked in the Glossary in HF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

remanen wrote on viniamin's profile.
hi, do you think it would be possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]
remanen wrote on Esan's profile.
hello, do you think its possible to reupload this game?
remanen wrote on Shine's profile.
hi, do you think you can reupload this game?
TasogareHentai wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Sorry, can you please look at my requests and tell if you have it? Thanks in advance, and sorry for disturb.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-211210-rj361498-tentacle-works-テンタクルワークス-賢者ちゃんとhな触手.1392118/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-231104-rj01109498-takotubo-タコツボ-つくよヴィレッジ.1397470/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-misotake-みそテイク-multiple-games.1404036/
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturbing, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.