[Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Just wanted to drop by and confirm that the fix seems to be working perfectly as of .21. Tested destruction of bounding box in Lost World, probably the worst offender I had available (I think the ground mesh beats even SBPR's island meshes in size, it's a small continent). Just applying the fix in this one mesh did the trick flawlessly. With ramoram also porting a shadow bug free SBPR island using .21, I think we can safely call this one solved. Thank you so much enimaroah! This was an incredible breakthrough for the Studio.
(Please excuse Azariah's face... she's about to get eaten)
SjmOop5o.png

I just realised I did not apply the "Destruction" of bounding box!!! Porting and material took time I forgot about that and released it.

@GIL★ギル:
Excellent! You had to apply it only in that one mesh to solve the problem. Very good. It would have been terrible if you had to use it on all meshes of a map. But at least we have a workaround :happywhistle:

Is it a Mesh with several submeshes? and had you tried to separate them in their own MeshRenderers? It would good to minimize the usage of this "trick".

No hero :samuraihero: around to save Azariah :alice_shock: from peril :akazukin_rawr: ?

@Ramoram: I thought fresh ports using .21 would have the corrected bounding box, so destroying it isn't really needed? Or am I wrong? Can't really explain it otherwise, my test SBPR island file is buggy as hell.

@Enimaroah: It's a mesh with no submeshes. I had studied this map through and through and had identified it as the one causing the issue. So it was easy to fix this time. I don't know how a mesh with submeshes will behave, but I guess I'll run into one eventually. I'll make sure to report back if there are any problems.

You'll have to wait and see! :neardead:

Another map question if anyone please has any advice. I notice a lot of my textures that share a white color along with other colors, the white is extremely shinny where as the other colors or normal or darker. I've experimented with other materials and color space, but doesnt seem to work :(
20170212202804349.png

Another map question if anyone please has any advice. I notice a lot of my textures that share a white color along with other colors, the white is extremely shinny where as the other colors or normal or darker. I've experimented with other materials and color space, but doesnt seem to work :(
20170212202804349.png

I can't see the shiny part in your picture.
Are you talking about the shiny part like this. I don't know what it is causing it. Even changing material is not working yet. I have no idea about this part but I am thinking to share a file if anyone can test and fix it.

Actually i was just talking about the white flowers, but i think i found out whats causing it. Its the bloom and blur effects in studio and internal problem that really bring out the whites in textures. When i cancel bloom and lower the blur it looks normal. Wasted time on this thinking i could fix it haha.

@GIL★ギル
A Mesh without submesh, hm? I hope not^^ and you have at least one in it. Otherwise the Mesh and MeshRenderer would be useless und could be deleted (except when the MeshRenderer would get its Mesh programmatically, e.g. assigned from a plugin).

I usually speak very precisely and even use capitals for assets to maximize understanding, but I am a better programmer than a tutor. This means that I need your questions and I will explain again with different words.

In Unity a Mesh is a container with a name. In this container can be put submeshes, any number of submeshes. And in such a submesh there are vertices and faces.

A MeshRenderer has a reference to such a Mesh above and additionally a MeshRenderer is a container. But in this container only Materials can be put. But it would be inconvenient for a user to handle materials independently from submeshes and for this reason I combined them in the gui.

The MeshRenderer itself is put in another container. And that container is part of a Transform. Attention, this is different because in the container of a Transform there are different types. E.g. all direct child Transforms, MonoBehaviours and up to one MeshRenderer. You often see me writing (Skinned)MeshRenderer. The reason is that a SkinnedMeshRenderer is a variant of a MeshRenderer with additional features, like bones. But it would be inconvenient for me to list both types every time. So I use brackets and the long name when I mean both or either of them.

And while I explained the MeshRenderer beginning with the view from Unity, I reversed the direction for the Transform and started with how you see it in the Object Tree in Sb3UGS. The actual view in Unity is a bit different, but that is a lesson for later.

Enimaroah, where would we be without you? You are literally the duct tape that holds us all together. There will come a day where amazing hentai games aren't modded to be better than they ever were intended...but it is not this day. There will come a day where bumbling morons attempting to mod a bigger ass on their waifu accidentally corrupt their game data....but it is not this day. There will be a day where we all want to import an entire games worth of meshes into a hentai game but can't due to shitty file packing by the original developer...BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!!!!

This boundary destroying feature does help solving problem a lot :D

One side effect (?) I observed is that the shadow flickers when all boundaries are destroyed.
It is not the same flickering as before, but very huge one (shadows comparable to the size of building).

I assume the destroyed boundaries are also creating an overhead to the game. (if the number is destroyed and the game still reads it, than I can only assume the game reads it all time)
My game performance isn't really affected but shadow effects are always resource demanding. So...

Last edited:
Enimaroah, where would we be without you. You are literally the duct tape that holds us all together. There will come a day where amazing hentai games aren't modded to be better than they ever were intended...but it is not this day. There will come a day where bumbling morons attempting to mod a bigger ass on their waifu and corrupt their game data....but it is not this day. There will be a day where we all want to import an entire games worth of meshes into a hentai game but can't due to shitty file packing by the original developer...BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!!!!

Dude your post lack some inspiration so I added a bit of modification myself. :XD:

Well it goes like this:

Illusion CEO:
We have army of perverts nerds working under basement and we greedy old men earn tons of money from them

Yeah Yeah Sorry Sorry It's not a dicussion at all. But I am feeling extremely boring and dry. I don't want to do anything to other than laying down and staring at ceiling.
I know Enimaroah, I should be studying right now. But I don't feel like it at all. Don't know why.

Thanks for your kind words and back-slapping! It is not this day I am worried about - it is that day in the future because I have no "child". The last candidate vanished without a word more than a year ago. But I haven't planned to stop yet, so enjoy what we have: nice comrades and sharing the fruits of our hobby and that does not mean only the mods themselves. We have several non-modders but members who make a really good support!

@aastaroth, I dont think that GPUs will explode when the bounding box math is broken. But they may get hotter because of additional computation for triangles which would normally be clipped. When I made the screenshot, the only item there was the tree and I got no huge shadows. I wonder where they come from in your scene. Accessories of your character?

I notice a shadow option in sb3utility is it possible to disable shadows for meshes? My maps have a bad shadow problem cuz they only have textures on one side so light shines through

@enimaroah

Not really. I think those huge shadows are come from the meshes in the map I modified.
I tried not to destroy every meshes' boundaries because I don't want to create too many overheads. There are too many mods that lags my laptop already :/

@LovelySurrealDream

There are two ways to tackle your problem. The easiest way is disabling shadows in the attribute editor.
If the shadow problem looks like what we have discussed in the last few pages you can consider "destroying" the boundaries in the attribute editor.

@aastaroth

The item I used is receiving and casting shadows correctly. Is your map very far from the origin of coordinate space? I used the Christmas tree in 12.unity3d. Where is your map in relation to it? May be the default light source isn't far away enough, but I dont know where it is. Do we need a Light editor?^^

@LovelySurrealDream

Doubled sided faces are not allowed, of course. But doubling and flipping these walls would be too much effort?

Sorry, i just noticed there was a option in the attributes in sb3utility that says cast shadows, but not sure how to use it. So possibly i could just disable shadows on ceiling fixtures in my map. But i guess i could do what you suggest as well.

Sorry, i just noticed there was a option in the attributes in sb3utility that says cast shadows, but not sure how to use it. ...
Select the meshes which are going to be changed first. Open the Attribute dialog, set the options to change, finish with "OK". When an attribute is marked red it will be set for all selected meshes. So you cant revert a choice and have this attribute unchanged. In such a case you would have to cancel the dialog and begin anew.

And in general, when you miss such information somewhere, please let me know and I will add more.

Ok, since no one else wants to take it on, I'm attempting to add a grey sphere as a studio item to cover up the white background we get when in VR.

Using SB3UGS, I've been following the minimal guides posted here and at Hongfire.

I've been able to duplicate an item as a template and I can replace the mesh, shader and animator and everything appears to be working. My sphere mesh is visible in SB3UGS and all seems correct. Yet, when I attempt to add the item in the studio it still shows the mesh for the dildo, which was from the template file that I duplicated.

I know this is a big request, but the answer can be kept short as I am pretty comfortable with the programs required to do these things.

If someone could just post a simple list of the steps needed to replace an item in the studio, I would be most appreciative. Like i said earlier, i have followed the few guides that I could find but there must be a step that I am missing.

If I am able to get this to work, I will release it as a mod for other VR users who can't handle the glaring white background in the studio VR.

So, to summarize, I want to replace a studio item with a large grey sphere to be used as a pseudo background in the studio when in VR mode.

I would also appreciate any advice on how to achieve this in a better manner.

This sounds to me as if your list file entry would still point to the original *.unity3d file instead of yours.

Also make sure that your file with the Animator has a unique CAB-String.

If both points dont lead to success please attach your workfiles and I will post every step for correction.

This sounds to me as if your list file entry would still point to the original *.unity3d file instead of yours.

Also make sure that your file with the Animator has a unique CAB-String.

If both points dont lead to success please attach your workfiles and I will post every step for correction.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I'm pretty sure that I modified the list file properly but I did not mess with the CAB string.

I will look at that first.

So heres a question I'm not sure if I will be able to explain, but a lot of people have noticed the dong meshes I have. They reflect light the opposite as girls and guys body meshes do in the game. When there is a shadow on the body the dong is reflecting light. When the dong is in the shadow the body is reflecting light. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Please any help appreciated. Really do appreciate all the help I am getting here!

BTW I also found out how to cancel meshes to cast shadows so I am able to fix a lot of my maps by disabling ceiling light fixtures and walls from casting shadows! No more unnatural shadows
20170216210826086.png

Last edited:
So heres a question I'm not sure if I will be able to explain, but a lot of people have noticed the dong meshes I have. They reflect light the opposite as girls and guys body meshes do in the game. When there is a shadow on the body the dong is reflecting light. When the dong is in the shadow the body is reflecting light. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Please any help appreciated. Really do appreciate all the help I am getting here!

BTW I also found out how to cancel meshes to cast shadows so I am able to fix a lot of my maps by disabling ceiling light fixtures and walls from casting shadows!

I don't know but it's worth of try. Recalculate the normals set values very low. Either in "Soft Normal" ie the + threshold: eg 0.00001 or "Hard Normal" ie the - threshold: eg -0.00001. Give each a try and see how it goes.

I tried, but now got me thinking its probably just the uneven textures in the meshes and the shadows are working properly :/ maybe I will search for another xnalara uncensor. I know there are many.

20170216210826086.png

it's your normal maps (I thought I mention it in your HF thread)

illusion only use 2 channels for normal map, red & green. You need to copy the red channel and paste that in your alpha. then copy the green channel and paste them in the red & blue (blue is optional, illusion don't use it) The final image should be grey instead of blueish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

AsterN20 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Can you reupload [Magi White] エグザミネイター?
nobis_c wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi, if you would reup the mexashare links for this one, that'd be great. Thanks
未亡人沙苗
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, would you reup this old one please? Thanks
白濁淫乳カルテ