[Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

When importing a map there is some spots where ground meshes lay on top of each other and it gets this effect in studio. Anyone else encounter this problem before? Best option may be to just remove conflicting meshes
20170129162515617.png

Nevermind i fixed it by just lower the conflicting meshes to not intersect, sacrificed a little bit of detail, but looks way better
Guess i can leave comment here if anyone ever has similar problems.
20170129163931280.png

I have similar issue with it. But the file is not available anymore. It's 12:45 am and am kinda tired. Share me your file. I have an idea if I can able to fix the conflicting mesh issues. Also you can give a try too. Change the CustomRenderQ settings of one of two conflicting mesh from 2000 to 3000 and let me know if it's work.

i have already saved everything with the conflicting meshes slightly lowered, but i'm sure i will run into the problem again because i'll be importing a few more maps and i can see if the customrenderq helps with intersecting meshes

So when importing maps i discovered the fastest way is to join all the meshes in blender that share the same textures so i will have minimal meshes to work with. And use a batch dds converting software to convert all the dxt1 textures without alpha channels then convert the alpha ones individually to dxt5. Then clone materials i like and manually add a material and texture to each mesh. Is this basically how to do it or is there a faster way? Any tips would be appreciated.

So when importing maps i discovered the fastest way is to join all the meshes in blender that share the same textures so i will have minimal meshes to work with. And use a batch dds converting software to convert all the dxt1 textures without alpha channels then convert the alpha ones individually to dxt5. Then clone materials i like and manually add a material and texture to each mesh. Is this basically how to do it or is there a faster way? Any tips would be appreciated.

That is the fast method. What you are doing is something similar I do.

EDIT:

Did I just read that you manually add material and texture to each mesh? How to you import them in the unity file.

I manually add them inside sb3utility to each mesh. I was wondering if there is any way when you import them to have materials and textures automatically linked, but i don't think there is. I have to look in blender to see what meshes use what textures to then manually assign them in sb3utility.

I also noticed in other peoples map items, it is one mesh with many other submeshes, but for me i've been creating new mesh transforms for each item. I don't think there is much of a performance issue doing it either way though.

I manually add them inside sb3utility to each mesh. I was wondering if there is any way when you import them to have materials and textures automatically linked, but i don't think there is. I have to look in blender to see what meshes use what textures to then manually assign them in sb3utility.

I also noticed in other peoples map items, it is one mesh with many other submeshes, but for me i've been creating new mesh transforms for each item. I don't think there is much of a performance issue doing it either way though.

My way is once my FBX file is ready with all the. I create a unity file. Import the FBX in it with steps like:
1)First Import Textures
2)Second The Materials. IT will use the existing material as Template
3)Final is Import Mesh with Create transform and Convert to MeshRender.

Textures and materials will automatically assign. I also create new mesh transform instead of adding them in submeshes. Because I have an issue map disappearing at certain camera angle. Also noticed there is no performance issue too.

Last edited:
Same thing i've been doing, but i haven't used "convert to MeshRender" not sure what that option is. But i have to manually apply a material to each mesh and apply the texture to that. Having them automatically assign somehow would be insane.

As long as textures and materials have the same name, Sb3UGS will assign them automatically to texture slots and submesh material respectively. You just have to use the order ramoram mentioned.

A SkinnedMeshRenderer is converted with the option in the dialog or the "Convert" button in the Mesh editor. You have to use a SkinnedMeshRenderer if the mesh will be deformed by skeletal bone animation or by morphing. Sometimes Unity shows an unskinned mesh at unexpected positions. So if you dont use those features you should convert the SkinnedMeshRenderer into a MeshRenderer with either function.

I heard ramoram talking about the shiny and intensity effect of textures in studio, but any idea if its possible for me to reduce the intensity of this material. I've tried using different materials and adjusting the color intensity, but nothing really brings it to the gray color like in sb3utility and reduce the whites and how they shine, any ideas?
cap2.png
20170201104721237.png

Sb3UGS uses only a fraction of the material attributes, and only the MainTex texture while Unity can use all attributes and textures. And this is achieved through the selected Shader of the material. And the Shader is a kind of program which can call subshaders...

If you like an effect in the game, locate the material and use it for your mesh. But you also have to create all textures supplied in the material and adapt them to your mesh to have the same effect.

Material colours below the textures like Color, Spec, Tint, Emission, etc. are always normalized which means every colour channel is between 0 and 1.

Okay thanks i'll have to search. I notice the same material with same settings looks completely different on two different rocky surfaces just because the textures one having more white highlights the other no white highlights. Has a lot to do with the texture itself i also notice.

I have been away for a while, so I am sorry if it has already been asked.
Does anyone know any way to replace the original Sitri? The one before you are allowed to edit her.

When you start a new game, it creates an ill_Sitri.png card (overwriting any existing card). I want to modify the default Sitri that that gets created on a new game.

Last edited:
I heard ramoram talking about the shiny and intensity effect of textures in studio, but any idea if its possible for me to reduce the intensity of this material. I've tried using different materials and adjusting the color intensity, but nothing really brings it to the gray color like in sb3utility and reduce the whites and how they shine, any ideas?
cap2.png
20170201104721237.png

Set the Metallic from 0 to -1.

Posts that I made are:
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum...on-honey♥select-ハニーセレクト?p=5749712#post5749712
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum...on-honey♥select-ハニーセレクト?p=5750306#post5750306

I imagine you guys have noticed by now that using big maps in the Studio glitches self-shadows on the models. The Skydomes by Amamiya have the same effect, but they are easily fixed by removing cast/receive from the mesh. However, this would kill the usefulness of map/items. Have any of you looked into this problem? We were discussing it here for a bit. I think it has to do with an internal game setting, but I'm unsure, since it's completely out of my very limited modding skillset.
It's really disheartening no one has insight on this subject. This is currently the biggest issue with the Studio atm, and it really limits what can be acomplished with it. It makes ambitious map ports sort of pointless. Can any of you at least acknowledge it and point to possible causes/solutions?
M1HH5cLX.png

It's really disheartening no one has insight on this subject. This is currently the biggest issue with the Studio atm, and it really limits what can be acomplished with it. It makes ambitious map ports sort of pointless. Can any of you at least acknowledge it and point to possible causes/solutions?
M1HH5cLX.png

I think I'd be able to sit down and dig and poke around with it for a bit. Something that I've been meaning to look into is to get rid off is the blue tone on far away (or large) characters/item/maps. So I guess I could
squeeze this one into that. No promises though.

I think I'd be able to sit down and dig and poke around with it for a bit. Something that I've been meaning to look into is to get rid off is the blue tone on far away (or large) characters/item/maps. So I guess I could
squeeze this one into that. No promises though.
Oh, that's just the fog effect, you can remove it in the configuration menu. Thanks though! I'm at my wits end and I would really appreciate pointers from someone with more knowledge on these things.

Oh, that's just the fog effect, you can remove it in the configuration menu. Thanks though! I'm at my wits end and I would really appreciate pointers from someone with more knowledge on these things.

Gosh, was it that easy, huh? I really need to go through that menu at some point (I've barley had the time to use HS so... heh, yeah, heh). Anyways, I'll still dig and poke.
Didn't need to read through that discussion that you linked to. As soon as it comes to Illusion it goes BAM and the head is full of possible causes and solutions.

I dont know if anyone tried to convert a map into a map?

May be it is because of the default map you are using. Does the effect change when you use an item map and change the studio's?

May be it is because of the default map you are using. Does the effect change when you use an item map and change the studio's?

That could be an actual cause. Thinking back on SBPR there were some difference on a studio map's skydome and an item map's skydome, so it isn't
unlikely that it could be the cause. Although, I wouldn't know if someone has tried to make an actual map map either.

@Syncroz: np, glad I could help. Here are the few things I've gathered about the shadow bug:

-It's mostly related to size of meshes rather than complexity. One example is the skydomes (simple bubbles, but huge). Another example is a custom Lost World map I have. I disabled shadow cast/recieve on all meshes except the lower ground one and the bug persisted (the lower ground is basically a plain, but very large). Even with just recieve, actually, which sort of baffles me. Of course, when you disable cast/recieve on all meshes, the problem is gone. Reducing the size of the map works too, but you're losing a lot of quality from your models if you have to reduce them too. Not the best solution, but a temporary one.

This was a pretty good lead. Unfortunately I was able to confirm it doesn't affect the bug at all. My test file was the Kamaa map by Snooley (japanese medieval city) of which I have an item/map copy by a different uu-gg modder (Schaeffer). They both show exactly the same shadow quality (very faint shadow bug on some angles). Oddly, as I was browsing maps, I realized there are pretty big ones that barely show this bug at all. It's the massive ones that have this (as in expansive size rather than complexity). Still, I find it extremely baffling how a simple bubble (skydome) for example, can cause the bug so noticeably.

The game seems to have a set "resource power" for shadow handling, and the more items/meshes/models you put in the scene, the lower the overall shadow quality you get. Make a test: observe an upclose model an activate/deactivate a big map. You'll see what I mean.

EDIT: I think I might have misunderstood you, enimaroah. You mean using a default map file as a base for these map/items? I thought you meant map or item format.
EDIT 2: Testing quickly, I can see the same shadow degradation effect happening when activating/deactivating default maps too. This is a good indication the bug would happen with these files if they had meshes of a big enough size with shadows activated.

Last edited:
This "issue" is interesting, interesting observations and information, although, "resource power" for shadow handling is most likely something that I may not be able to do
anything about now. I wouldn't have the tool(s) for it... yet. Tampering with it could cause instability and/or lower performance, but now I'm just making guesses here.

I meant the item versus map format. The problem is that I dont have a test item or map where the bug is visible. At least I didn't notice the problem with your fantasy town map item, but may it is fixed there.

The bug is very noticeable in all the Aastaroth DOA maps, if you want to take a look at it. In my fantasy town you will barely see it, but if you make it x10 bigger it pops.

Jepp, now I could see it in your town map even without scaling up and made a few tests, but none fixed the problem:

1. converted item map into a map
2. inserted a big sphere from another map
3. inverted the sphere

I've made a few tests myself using Ramoram's Dead Rising mall. I disabled cast/receive shadows on all meshes except on mesh #20 (the mall inner floor). Just this mesh pops the issue very noticeably. Again, as with Lost World, it's basically a plain.
As a side note, activating only cast or only receive is just enough to reproduce the issue. I tried changing layers, lightmaps, and other settings I do not understand at all, but nothing changed the result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Sirvipe235 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
mizuno ai wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you please reupload RJ273092 and RJ321841 ?
Hapsunn wrote on HentaiCovid's profile.
heyy can you upload JKボクサー凛香と復讐の地下リング and there is an update to the game. https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ325990.html/?locale=en_US, please upload the Apr/28/2022 version
Hapsunn wrote on Shine's profile.
can you please update this game https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/210811-ナッツが主食-jkボクサー凛香と復讐の地下リング-ver1-1-rj325990.1103469/ , there is an update according to the dlsite https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ325990.html/?locale=en_US
yonatanzxc123 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hey Ryzen, would it be possible for you to re-upload this? or maybe send the zip file?
I tried multiple time to download it but it doesn't seems to work

[240601][d_388430][かみか堂] パパ活はじめました総集編

Thanks a lot!