Living in Japan as a (Young) Expat

Would you like to live in Japan?

• Total voters
Hmm yeah... knew that otaku could be somewhat negative... :x Hmm i dont think i could be quite classified as an oatku for now xD

Gifts... very tightly securely wrapped with numerous items all in there own seals...

Hmm... feels similar to those oversees gifts my parents received except they tend to be boxed with herbal medicine~

Hmm yeah... knew that otaku could be somewhat negative... :x Hmm i dont think i could be quite classified as an oatku for now xD

Not always, my friends and I always admired this dude who knows absolutely everything about trains and the Japan Railway company!

In the end it all depends on the person! (●^o^●)

[MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION] herbs!! hehe
well yeah I might make a tldr edition of this in case orisa's victims make it here (`・ω・´)ゞ

Verstuurd via Tapatalk

Lol victims xD But its not exactly a boring read~ Just somewhat time consuming :3 I guess some of them would appreciate a tldr version~

Reactions: Uninstall
Hmm... it's a quick read... just slow in replies for me... :x

Just do what you believe is right~

Im slow at reading and replying but oh well~ Why not read it all :3 I like info anyway~

Yeah I think I've gotten a little off track with what I originnally wanted to speak about

Verstuurd via Tapatalk

Nice Thread.. and these are based on your personal experience, right? So there is no doubt that 'this' is the 'real' Japan.
And, one thing. Are you really an Indonesian? Where do you live right now?

Nice Thread.. and these are based on your personal experience, right? So there is no doubt that 'this' is the 'real' Japan.

I believe that he (I think it's a he... o.o) is a haafu as what they call it in Japan.

Sorry, but in Indonesia, as I currently living in it... If both parents are Indonesia(Nationality) the child is also considered an Indonesia. and we are not allowed to have more than one nationalities and that is Indonesian and only Indonesia (but you can let go of your Indonesian Nationality if you wish to change your nationality.)

Any way, I'm just quite excited to see(well.. kinda like that) another Indonesian in international forums such as ASF..

Sorry, but in Indonesia, as I currently living in it... If both parents are Indonesia(Nationality) the child is also considered an Indonesia. and we are not allowed to have more than one nationalities and that is Indonesian and only Indonesia (but you can let go of your Indonesian Nationality if you wish to change your nationality.)

Any way, I'm just quite excited to see(well.. kinda like that) another Indonesian in international forums such as ASF..

Ahh, I see. Thanks, I've learned something new yet again!

No prob... I always love to tell others about my country. I'm proud to be a good Indonesian. >_<

Yes, what's wrong with that?...
In every country, every place, and every edges of the world there are always good and bad. As a citizen it's my duty to obey the law and pay my taxes.... and.. become an example to others...

Sorry, I didn't mean any offense in what I said, but I understand where you are coming from. I just found the wording funny, is all. I assume that most people I talk to are generally good people anyway. Once again, I apologise for any offenses this may have caused.

Uninstall is currently living in The Netherlands... His father is Japanese and his mother is Indonesian. He loves both cultures and enjoys his current location, but has a deep respect and holds more memories for the other two.

Also it's nice for SainTPrimE to uphold certain standards and commit to certain aspects for a good life...

It's also good to learn new things like AhGwee mentioned.

Nah... I'm fine.. No hard feelings, after all each every one of us is equal and the same, right?

im out of words.... i'll just continue watching those vids... sorry im not good at explaining... >.<

im out of words.... i'll just continue watching those vids... sorry im not good at explaining... >.<

It's okay to watch the videos... Uninstall put them there to set the mood and to display certain areas and notions about Japan.

Hope it helps you and please enjoy watching them. ^^

By the way... Can any one post about how to get a scholarship in Japan? Cause my parents aren't that rich I can't just travel to another country that easy...

Hmm offtrack? Well idk its still sort of about life in japan~

I actually simply wanted to point out the misconceptions people have, believing Japan is some fantasy land. Unfortaunately it isn't - life in Japan is surprisingly tough, especially as an adult - there are homeless, depressed, corruption just like in any other country. Of course I'm not attacking Japan, in fact, I absolutely love Japan. Once again, I just wanted to point out the misconception.

Hi SanTPrime, thanks for your post - I don't really want to get personal in this thread but: Yes, my grandfather passed away as an Indonesian for political and "moral" (I don't know how to put it) reasons so I'm proud to say I'm Indonesian boy! But my parents are working in The Netherlands right now so I am living in The Netherlands, where I was born.

And yes, it's all based on personal experience so what I've written is based on my thoughts. If you want less opinion, I suggest heading to Japan Guide - they have some excellent articles there. However since it's like a tourism site, they won't tell you the negative things, so I try my best to be honest here without offending any one.

This is true, however, I am not 18 yet - so until then I could have two nationalities (there are plenty of people I know here in the Netherlands who are under 18 and "Indo". But I don't because my dad has already gotten an Indonesian citizenship far before I was born - so in other words, I have Indonesian nationality, and Dutch residence because of my dad's work here. My parents are currently busy getting a Dutch citizenship.

I'm not so 100% sure about immigration laws and all that, right now it's a mess, my family is spread across Japan, Indonesia and The Netherlands, with different nationalities. My grandmother and some other family from my dad's side is now living in Japan as Japanese.

Oh, and glad to have another Indonesian on board! There's plenty in ASF!! (*゚∀゚)っ

Uninstall is currently living in The Netherlands... His father is Japanese and his mother is Indonesian. He loves both cultures and enjoys his current location, but has a deep respect and holds more memories for the other two.

Also it's nice for SainTPrimE to uphold certain standards and commit to certain aspects for a good life...

It's also good to learn new things like AhGwee mentioned.

Big thanks to SainTPrime for enlightening some people about immigration laws, thank you!
And I'm glad you all can learn new things!!

By the way... Can any one post about how to get a scholarship in Japan? Cause my parents aren't that rich I can't just travel to another country that easy...

I will look for you, I haven't really any experience with that since I've only gone to middle school/one year of high school!

I believe that he (I think it's a he... o.o) is a haafu as what they call it in Japan.

haha by blood I'm not exactly "hafu"
And double nationality with Japanese is impossible at any age, I believe, under some circumstances it's possible, but I'm not sure - I'll ask my dad tonight (○・▽・○)
And yes haha I'm a boy! (o´'∀'`o)

Yes, what's wrong with that?...
In every country, every place, and every edges of the world there are always good and bad. As a citizen it's my duty to obey the law and pay my taxes.... and.. become an example to others...

Hey respect man, I really respect people like you - big up! (・∀・`o)
I mean yes there are wrong doers everywhere (especially in high places) but they'll get it back a thousand times harder one day.

Last edited:
Ah... I see, and I have to admit. Your 'Comments' aren't just regular comments....

It's too bad you don't know about the scholarship system in Japan (I'm not blaming you tough.. so no offense. ^_^) cause I really want to get a scholarship there(cause Japanese schools are 'the best' I attend one for 2 years in Junior High when I'm living with my uncle that works for a Japanese company due to my request to take me with him). It was quite a lot of fun, and 2 years from now I'm going to enter university so I'm looking for one in Japan (I can't rely on my uncle any more cause he is now placed in Qatar by the company he works in)..

Any one can help me with taht?

Hi SainTPrimE - Glad you had a good time in a Japanese school! ヽ(○・▽・○)ノ゛
My sister studied in a Japanese university so I will also ask how it all works.
If any one else has experience or has knowledge in this topic please help us here if you don't mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Suzu鈴 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, could you reupload this please?
isaswa wrote on Shine's profile.
File is dead, looking for a re-upload. Thanks.

[230910][マヨタマ] ❕9月19日まで6大特典付き❕【Wオホ声xW分身】~S級冒険者のボクは.始祖淫魔の前では只の餌だった.~ドスケベ爆乳サキュバスx2&分身x2によるW分身おしおきご奉仕♪ [RJ01085040]

sakadigu wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload this? Please 🙏
Thanks in advance
Gyaku Oudou
vikingtroll28 wrote on girlcelly's profile.
Please seed torrent Piaキャロ 20th ANNIVERSARY PACK (5% left to download).