Hello everyone~

If you're reading visual novels and depend on translation programs and text hookers, here's a small guide into the new ITH (Interactive Text Hooker) that has been developed.

I'll update more if there are people who need help with other things. For now, I'll just show the basics of ITH and a few things about Translation Aggregator (TA).

I'm sure there are people who use Chiitrans. That's also another choice, but this thread will focus more on ITH and Translation Aggregator.

---

Updated: 16 September 2014 (EST)

A solution to the game Wolf RPG. If you have a similar game, then scroll to the bottom of this post, labelled "Solution to Wolf RPG", to find the solution.

Updated: 18 December 2017

Thanks to [MENTION=87]Frankincense[/MENTION] All images in the thread that are dead have been re-uploaded again.

---

Quick Note

- Some of the things in this guide may require ATLAS, a translation program.
- Here is the site for those unfamiliar: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/services/software/translation/atlas/downloads/

Like I mentioned, this small guide is to mainly help people with ITH and TA. I won't go into detail about ATLAS, but I would recommend it for 'quick, overall translations'.

---

Interactive Text Hooker

1. First thing you should check is when you open ITH and your game...

- Go to ITH and press the 'Process' button.
- Search for the name of your game.
- Click the game's name and click 'Add Profile'. Press 'OK'.

Here's an example below. My game's name is 'PersonA'.

step.png

2. To make sure it's added, go to ITH and press 'Profile'.

Here's an example below. As you can see, the game is added.

step1.png

3. Next, go to ITH and press 'Option'. Make sure these are checked and press 'OK'.

- Auto attach
- Auto insert
- Auto copy to clipboard
- Auto suppress repetition

These enable the translation from Japanese to English and captures the text.

Here's an example below.

step2.png

4. In ITH, insert the hook you have in that rectangular white box.

I'll be using my hook /HW4@42E3A2.

As you can see below, my text is all jumbled repeated Japanese...

step3.png

5. After you type the hook and press 'Enter', you then press 'Hook' on ITH.

Scroll to find your hook. It should be labelled 'UserHook' or labelled with the numbers and letters you inserted as the hook. Then select that hook and press 'OK'.

See below for the example.

Step4.png

6. Click the text/dialogue box in your game or anywhere so ITH can detect/pick up the text with its new hook you inputted.

See below... just click somewhere so ITH can generate your new hook.

step5.png

7. Go back to the front of ITH, and scroll until you find 'UserHook' or whichever new hook you inputted, and pick the hook that corresponds and displays the right text for your game.

See below for the example.

step6.png

Result: It should generate the text like this picture below.

step7.png

8. Go to ITH, and press 'Save'. This saves the hook and makes sure that if you open ITH again, the hook you used will be there the next time you play.

9. Please close/exit ITH. Then open it up again. If you did it correctly, when you press 'Profile', you should see your hook.

Here is an example.

steps.png

---

Translation Aggregator

Once you have downloaded TA and saved it in a suitable location, please check the following things to get you started.

1. Please download Mecab and the edict files for Jparser.

Mecab

- Download Mecab here: http://code.google.com/p/mecab/downloads/list
- If you haven't installed Mecab before, download the '.exe' (execution file).
- If you have installed it before, just download the updates with the extensions '.tar.gz'.
- When installing, choose a dictionary other than 'UTF16' like 'UTF8'.

Jparser

- Download Jparser here: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/edict_doc.html
- Download either 'edict.gz' or 'edict2.gz' or both.
- Decompress it and put it in TA's 'dictionaries' folder.

Please see below if you aren't sure.

la1.png

la2.png

2. Open TA, click 'Tools', and make sure these two things are checked.

- Translate from = Japanese
- Translate to = English

Here's an example just in case.

aggr1.png

aggr2.png

3. If you have done it correctly, you can open TA with ITH and your game running.

As you can see below, Jparser can translate text if you hover over the word. You can see Mecab is functioning and the other translation boxes as well.

result.png

---

Extra Tip for Translation Aggregator

If you would like to see your game's top menu bar in English, please do the following.

1. When you open TA, go to 'Tools', and go to 'Launch Text Hooker'.

If you're not sure, here's a picture.

steps3.png

2. Find your game and double-click it or press 'Open'. Once done, please click 'OK'.

Here's an example. My game is 'PersonA'.

steps4.png

3. Hover over your game's menu bar and it should change to English.

See below for an example.

steps5.png

---

Solution to Wolf RPG

Give thanks to [MENTION=84482]Abdalmaus[/MENTION] ; and [MENTION=2724]Sakimichi[/MENTION] ; for their time and effort in providing the solution.

/Ks2 should work, but if no one can answer you question I suggest using VNR. https://code.google.com/p/annot-player/
WolfEngine doesn't need any hook codes and the repetitions are already removed.
Plus Chiitrans2 is already an abandonware.
5Kz2tW4fJb.jpg

Go to preferences and do this:

Run the game and Go to options:

Update
If anyone ever run into the same problem as me:
Run the game through agth separately instead of trying to start it from Chii.
Command line I was recommended is: "c:/agth.exe" /c /x3 /kf64:16 /ks2 "game.exe"
Turn on Chii after you set it with the right monitored thread on AGTH.
Check "Enable clipboard monitoring" on Chii and "Check for repeating phrases"
If you're using ChiiTrans2, just run game and select "AGTH inject (...)"

Now I got both software working as I wanted
VNR is perfect for me to play VNs and some other games on fullscreen (specially with widescreen)
And Chii for windowed RPGs!

I take no credit on that solution, I'm not sure if I can mention other forums here.

---

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or anything else please feel free to do so.

Additional Info:

Here you can find an excellent guide to Text Hooker by Aero:

http://amaenboda.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/an-aero-gamers-guide-to-using-atlas/

Thank you for reading~

Enjoy your games. ^^

Edit: as of March 2014, Google have updated their API so TA cannot communicate with it anymore. There's a highly beta, untested fix located here
You can download them from there or the link below:
View attachment Source - Translation Aggregator 0.4.9.3.r174.zip
View attachment Translation Aggregator 0.4.9.3.r174.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Which translation program is accurate or at least very close translation to the original japanese text?

Switch between ATLAS or LEC. But it just really depends on the settings. You can try Sprucefirs tutorial (his blog was taken down recently) or Aero's. In the long run, if you really learned a bit of Japanese, you can set your own settings to ATLAS because it really just depends on how the characters have structured their sentences.
If the game is translated or semi-translated, you can try Visual Novel reader, some people contribute a shared dictionary and it serves as a replacement to some words or phrases.

What can possibly cause ITH to suddenly malfunction and create a new thread for every line? I'm reading Hapymaher Fragmentation Dream (v1.01) and I had no issues until today. I'm using the same code and it does work, but all of a sudden it started creating new thread for every line. I tried using the old v2.3 of ITH, but it does the same thing. I extracted a fresh copy and it still does it. I tried using AGTH (both stable and current versions) and it still does it. I have also reinstalled the game. I can only assume that there is something in my system that broke it but I can't think of anything aside from analyzing my disk for fragmentation (but I didn't defragment). I don't remember installing any program prior to this issue either. Nor did I change any system setting.

Thanks for the guide, i have a problem with the entire translation of an otome game. The text is translated but not the choices i could take, there is a solution?

The choices are most likely never transtated afaik. There are just a few ones out there in which the choices are translated as well, for example Majikoi.
The best solution I would suggest is to search a walkthrough and then copy the japanese text ant the text from the walkthrough should be translated instead of the text from the game. Then just click to the next text page in the game and the text from the game should be translated again.

the guide shows after generate code copy the code and put it in the rectangle box then enter after that go to hook editor and pick the hook then it will show on front of the ITH when we scroll but what to do if hook didnt appear ? mine didnt

Excuse me but how do i get the fix for google to work? i downloaded it from the link that says source (the firts one), do i need to execute a file or just copy paste it all to my TA folder?

Hi guys my problem is with the game Honoo no Haramase Doukyuusei,the character name is repeated 2 timesCaptura.PNGand only happens when the character name appearCaptura 1.PNGhere other examplesCaptura2.PNGCaptura3.PNGand that case the the translation worses

Reactions: renano
I'm trying to make this Wolf RPG game work with ChiiTrans2, which uses AGTH v.2011.04.21.
I tried to use the following parameters: /HB*0@470D5A /KF64:16 /x3 /kf /ks2
I have no idea on how to use those parameters.
At least, they gave me the hook I needed, except:

What it's supposed to be translated:
純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)

Hooks 0x00543161:00000000 1strlenA and 0x0054386A:000000001strlenA
What I keep getting over and over, as long I'm not alt tabbing off the game:
純純純(((・・・・・・今今今日日日ももも一一一人人人ででで帰帰帰宅宅宅かかかぁぁぁ。。。)))純純純(((・・・・・・今今今日日日ももも一一一人人人ででで帰帰帰宅宅宅かかかぁぁぁ。。。)))純純純(((・・・・・・今今今日日日ももも一一一人人人ででで帰帰帰宅宅宅かかかぁぁぁ。。。)))純純純(((・・・・・・今今今日日日ももも一一一人人人ででで帰帰帰宅宅宅かかかぁぁぁ。。。)))純純純(((・・・・・・今今今日日日ももも一一一人人人ででで帰帰帰宅宅宅かかかぁぁぁ。。。)))純純純(((・・・・
*cuts off in a random place of the repetition to translate and continues*

Hook 0x00547C4B:00000000 1strlenA
Sometimes translates properly but repeatedly as well:
純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で
Same hook sometimes repeat like first spoiler (Error 1), except it repeats only 2 times each kanji, instead of 3:
純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))

Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm trying to make this Wolf RPG game work with ChiiTrans2, which uses AGTH v.2011.04.21.
I tried to use the following parameters: /HB*0@470D5A /KF64:16 /x3 /kf /ks2
I have no idea on how to use those parameters.
At least, they gave me the hook I needed, except:

What it's supposed to be translated:
純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)

Hooks 0x00543161:00000000 1strlenA and 0x0054386A:000000001strlenA
What I keep getting over and over, as long I'm not alt tabbing off the game:
純純純(((・・・・・・今今今日日日ももも一一一人人人ででで帰帰帰宅宅宅かかかぁぁぁ。。。)))純純純(((・・・・・・今今今日日日ももも一一一人人人ででで帰帰帰宅宅宅かかかぁぁぁ。。。)))純純純(((・・・・・・今今今日日日ももも一一一人人人ででで帰帰帰宅宅宅かかかぁぁぁ。。。)))純純純(((・・・・・・今今今日日日ももも一一一人人人ででで帰帰帰宅宅宅かかかぁぁぁ。。。)))純純純(((・・・・・・今今今日日日ももも一一一人人人ででで帰帰帰宅宅宅かかかぁぁぁ。。。)))純純純(((・・・・
*cuts off in a random place of the repetition to translate and continues*

Hook 0x00547C4B:00000000 1strlenA
Sometimes translates properly but repeatedly as well:
純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で帰宅かぁ。)純(・・今日も一人で
Same hook sometimes repeat like first spoiler (Error 1), except it repeats only 2 times each kanji, instead of 3:
純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))純純((・・・・今今日日もも一一人人でで帰帰宅宅かかぁぁ。。))

Anyone know how to fix this?

/Ks2 should work, but if no one can answer you question I suggest using VNR. https://code.google.com/p/annot-player/
5Kz2tW4fJb.jpg

5Kz2tW4fJb.jpg
Someone on another forum shared me this /c /hbn*0@493F83 /w1 /kf64:16
This gives me the right text, but doesn't solve the problem on the message repeating over and over.
Now it's:
It never stops coming up (taking breaks to translate and continuing), unless I alt tab.

As a good kid, I will see if I can use VNR (for now). Thank you.

EDIT:
Erm, it works great, except I can't find out how to set a transliteration on it.
Romanji really makes things easy to understand, since I speak japanese, but can't read kanjis(or kanas, moonrunes in general).

Last edited:
Someone on another forum shared me this /c /hbn*0@493F83 /w1 /kf64:16
This gives me the right text, but doesn't solve the problem on the message repeating over and over.
Now it's:
It never stops coming up (taking breaks to translate and continuing), unless I alt tab.

I see in the above screenshot that there are two options to 'eliminate finite repetition' and 'ignore finite cycle'. Did you try enabling them to see if it would stop repeating the same Japanese characters?

If you have done so, then I am not too sure where the problem may lie.

EDIT:
Erm, it works great, except I can't find out how to set a transliteration on it.
Romanji really makes things easy to understand, since I speak japanese, but can't read kanjis(or kanas, moonrunes in general).

To read the romaji, I believe this site may help: http://forums.fuwanovel.org/index.p...n-problems-with-visual-novel-reader/?p=103212

If you look at the spoiler, labeled "Under "Translation" activate the dictionary that is installed under "Preferred Japanese phrase dictionaries" and set last thing to "Hiragana", there appears to be an option for romaji.

Sakimichi's blog also discusses the technicalities of using VNR if you want to look at it. http://sakimichi.wordpress.com/

Reactions: Abdalmaus
@renano
First, thanks for the reply.
The screenshot is from Sakimichi, not the game I'm trying to play.
I was trying to use ChiiTrans at first, it has these options:
"Remove repeating characters", "Check for repeating phrases" and "Aggressive check (for flood of text)"
None worked at all.
Sakimichi recomended me to try VNR, which works, except I want romaji along with the machine translation.
I will take a look into what you linked me tomorrow, since it's relevant.
Thanks both of you.

@renano
First, thanks for the reply.
The screenshot is from Sakimichi, not the game I'm trying to play.
I was trying to use ChiiTrans at first, it has these options:
"Remove repeating characters", "Check for repeating phrases" and "Aggressive check (for flood of text)"
None worked at all.
Sakimichi recomended me to try VNR, which works, except I want romaji along with the machine translation.
I will take a look into what you linked me tomorrow, since it's relevant.
Thanks both of you.
Sorry for the late response, I wish I was forgiving as Renano..haha.

Go to preferences and do this:

Run the game and Go to options:

Reactions: Abdalmaus
Thanks a lot, you guys are awesome!

Update
If anyone ever run into the same problem as me:
Run the game through agth separately instead of trying to start it from Chii.
Command line I was recommended is: "c:/agth.exe" /c /x3 /kf64:16 /ks2 "game.exe"
Turn on Chii after you set it with the right monitored thread on AGTH.
Check "Enable clipboard monitoring" on Chii and "Check for repeating phrases"
If you're using ChiiTrans2, just run game and select "AGTH inject (...)"

Now I got both software working as I wanted
VNR is perfect for me to play VNs and some other games on fullscreen (specially with widescreen)
And Chii for windowed RPGs!

I take no credit on that solution, I'm not sure if I can mention other forums here.

Last edited:
[MENTION=84482]Abdalmaus[/MENTION] ;

We are truly happy that you got it working.

I'll post your solution as well as the corresponding problem on the front page for others to see.

We should thank you for providing us insight on how to solve this.

[MENTION=2724]Sakimichi[/MENTION] ;

Thank you my dear Saki-chan.

I'll also put your screenshots and advice on the front page. It is a big help~

You're a forgiving person as well and very dedicated to helping others. ^^

[MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION]; san can you help me?
I have some problems when I tried using ITH and Translation Aggregator 0.4.9.r171.
1. when I launch ITH, there was a warning that said : "Cant enable seDebugPrivilage blablabla." I tried redownload or choosing different version and reinstall again but still the same.
2. when I used Translation Aggregator, and follow your intruction to install Mecab and edict, still, there was a warning that said :"Unable to create socket, hooking engine wont work" and in Atlas's window, there was a text that said: "Failed to initialize Fujitsu ATLAS v14."
(sigh)
Please..can you help me to solve this Renano-san?
I already searching the internet to solve this but find nothing I could understand. I can't read japanesse but all my VN in japanesse so now I have a headache.
Sorry if I ask to much...
:nyanmusu_bow:

[MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION]; san can you help me?
I have some problems when I tried using ITH and Translation Aggregator 0.4.9.r171.
1. when I launch ITH, there was a warning that said : "Cant enable seDebugPrivilage blablabla." I tried redownload or choosing different version and reinstall again but still the same.
2. when I used Translation Aggregator, and follow your intruction to install Mecab and edict, still, there was a warning that said :"Unable to create socket, hooking engine wont work" and in Atlas's window, there was a text that said: "Failed to initialize Fujitsu ATLAS v14."
(sigh)
Please..can you help me to solve this Renano-san?
I already searching the internet to solve this but find nothing I could understand. I can't read japanesse but all my VN in japanesse so now I have a headache.
Sorry if I ask to much...
:nyanmusu_bow:

Hello Archisa~

I shall try to help you through your problem.

Did you right-click and open ITH as an Administrator? Set the privileges to open as Administrator to make it easier for future access. (Right-click, Properties, Compatibility, check Privilege Level)

Try that for now to see if the "Debugger" disappears or not.

As for the second problem, it might be because you already have TA running. (Trying to open TA again even though it's already opened)

After you set ITH to run as Administrator, open task manager and make sure TA is not running. If it is, end its process. If it is not, restart your computer, and try to run ITH and TA.

If it still does not work, I'll help run you through the whole process from beginning to end: Atlas, AGTH, Mecab, etc.

No, it is not asking too much. I am glad you asked. Please ease your mind for awhile and then we may begin solving any more problems.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Hello Archisa~

I shall try to help you through your problem.

Did you right-click and open ITH as an Administrator? Set the privileges to open as Administrator to make it easier for future access. (Right-click, Properties, Compatibility, check Privilege Level)

Try that for now to see if the "Debugger" disappears or not.

As for the second problem, it might be because you already have TA running. (Trying to open TA again even though it's already opened)

After you set ITH to run as Administrator, open task manager and make sure TA is not running. If it is, end its process. If it is not, restart your computer, and try to run ITH and TA.

If it still does not work, I'll help run you through the whole process from beginning to end: Atlas, AGTH, Mecab, etc.

No, it is not asking too much. I am glad you asked. Please ease your mind for awhile and then we may begin solving any more problems.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Wow..Rena san, you sound so kind and patience.:puniko_dazzled:
I tried your advice and its running smoothly,
fujitsu was already work as well. thank you very much for your advice.
:puniko_thumbsup:
My only problem now is my ITH can't capture the whole sentence. Some part of sentence is missing and make the translation sound weird and sometime completely unreadable.
I tried to use the hook or /h code but its not easy to insert the right hook. I dont even know what kind of hook I must use. I even tried your hook but my vn become stuck and error :XD: so I stop trying.

My games are Chou no Doku Hana no Kusari, Chou no Doku Hana no Kusari-gensou yawa, personA, Tsundere S Otome, Tsuki no Hikari Taiyou no Kage,and Tsuki no Hikari Taiyou no Kage-another moon. Do you know what kind of hook i can use for those game? I tried to search the hook in internet but find nothing.
Maybe you can give me another way to get complete sentence or get the hook for my games?.
Sorry if I ask too much. (again)
thanks a lot for your previous advice.
:puniko_thanks:

Nice guide, helped me set ITH up but I still have problems with "Lovely x Cation 2".
I have to constantly switch between two settings for text/options translation, I can deal with that... but I'd like to know if there are hooks or another program which could help translate the things ITH can't get.

test.jpg
LxC2crop.jpg

I've tested a few programs and none of them could translate these interfaces. :/
If it's impossible I'll deal with it as well but if possible then that would be great.
I'm sorry if this was asked and answered before, I did use the search function and got no results.

Reactions: namalandrcont
Sorry guys, but I'm a total noob at this whole ITH thing, and I need help.

I'm trying to use it to play SISTERS~夏の最後の日~ Ultra Edition, but I can't find an AGTH hook code for it anywhere. Now, someone in the linked thread mentioned he made it work fine without the need for that code, and that's where I'm stuck: how is it supposed to hook anything without it?

So, to summarize: how can I hook the text, using ITH, without the hook code for that game? :(

~edit: forgot to mention, none of the threads in the drop-down menu contain text from the game...
~edit 2: one of the thread did contain the correct text, I just didn't notice it because it got spammed by the flashing "continue" arrows (I've added them to the filter list now). My issue is now that some (but not all) characters are repeated 3 or 4 times, despite the "auto suppress repetition" box being checked. :/

Last edited:
Why doesn't ITH captures text from simulation games, the game I'm playing is "風雲!オークキャッスル ~恥辱の発情戦乙女達" of Circle: モニスタラッシュ/a Matures. The first simulation game I played was "Akudaikan" from Bellzebub and the samething happened. Plz help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

やーや wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ343897をもう一度アップロードしてもらえますか?日本語でごめんなさい
Sirvipe235 wrote on ramori's profile.
Thanks! Do you think you could also upload this other one that was requested alongside it?

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01163723.html
Suzu鈴 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, could you reupload this please?
isaswa wrote on Shine's profile.
File is dead, looking for a re-upload. Thanks.

[230910][マヨタマ] ❕9月19日まで6大特典付き❕【Wオホ声xW分身】~S級冒険者のボクは.始祖淫魔の前では只の餌だった.~ドスケベ爆乳サキュバスx2&分身x2によるW分身おしおきご奉仕♪ [RJ01085040]