[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Discussion & FAQ

Did the person in charge of the Wiki page for the Feelings System find out the parameters the new Personality has? I'd like to know how it influences the characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLfV-bXDFxs

I don't have anything to add about age of consent and stuff, because what I would say was already said, so I thought I lighten up the mood a little bit. Poor uncle.

Anyway, I haven't played Illusion games in quite a while so forgive me if I misremember things when comparing to previous games, but so far I'm enjoying Honey Select. I like how the customization menu is the same as Sexy Beach Premium Resort, because I thought it was pretty good back then, so why completely scratch it? It would actually be cool if they would keep it, but just greatly expand it with each game. There's already great face, and body customization, as well as nice selection of clothing and accessories. It would be really cool if they would just add on top of all of that is already there, and just keep upgrading the body and face possibilities, along with graphics.

Speaking of graphics, man I haven't had the chance to play Secrosphere and I don't remember graphics being this good in Sexy Beach. Maybe it was because of poor optimization and me having to play on very low settings back then with much worse computer, but man just the detail on the skin and eyes is something else. I always thought that the fusion of realistic and animation-inspired graphics were good and hit that sweet spot, but I think I wouldn't mind if they would keep going with this type of art style. I would be so excited to see this kind of customization and graphics in Artificial Academy 3, even though I had no complaints about the art style in AA1 or 2.

Only thing that I'm always disappointed in Illusion games, and H-games in general including Honey Select is the number and variations of positions. I just simply wish there were always more of them. Like for example few variations of standard stuff like blowjob or doggy-style.

About the gameplay outside the h-stuff and customization, I'm a little bit early to say but it seems like there's more interaction and gameplay besides the H-scenes. I'm looking forward to see how in-depth it is. But so far this game doesn't have much of a story, or simulation-driven gameplay like AA, so I'm not sure how it'll be in the long run, but so far after two hours or so I'm really enjoying it because of the customization and the superb graphics.

In general, what did you guys thought about it? Everyone here probably talked about it a lot already so sorry for asking but it'd take some time to read this entire thread.

Last edited:
@Dr Yoshi
Well Doc, technically in the end you supported what I mean to say. Thanks. Pretty sure that VR will kept them inside their basement for while.

When I compared 3D Sex Villa with Illusion. I am comparing a generic as adult gaming industry not relating any cultural stuff. Nor the gaming evolutions, it's market shares. It just about the double-standard the West usually does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLfV-bXDFxs

Anyway, I haven't played Illusion games in quite a while so forgive me if I misremember things when comparing to previous games, but so far I'm enjoying Honey Select. I like how the customization menu is the same as Sexy Beach Premium Resort, because I thought it was pretty good back then, so why completely scratch it? It would actually be cool if they would keep it, but just greatly expand it with each game. There's already great face, and body customization, as well as nice selection of clothing and accessories. It would be really cool if they would just add on top of all of that is already there, and just keep upgrading the body and face possibilities, along with graphics.

Speaking of graphics, man I haven't had the chance to play Secrosphere and I don't remember graphics being this good in Sexy Beach. Maybe it was because of poor optimization and me having to play on very low settings back then with much worse computer, but man just the detail on the skin and eyes is something else. I always thought that the fusion of realistic and animation-inspired graphics were good and hit that sweet spot, but I think I wouldn't mind if they would keep going with this type of art style. I would be so excited to see this kind of customization and graphics in Artificial Academy 3, even though I had no complaints about the art style in AA1 or 2.

Only thing that I'm always disappointed in Illusion games, and H-games in general including Honey Select is the number and variations of positions. I just simply wish there were always more of them. Like for example few variations of standard stuff like blowjob or doggy-style.

About the gameplay outside the h-stuff and customization, I'm a little bit early to say but it seems like there's more interaction and gameplay besides the H-scenes. I'm looking forward to see how in-depth it is. But so far this game doesn't have much of a story, or simulation-driven gameplay like AA, so I'm not sure how it'll be in the long run, but so far after two hours or so I'm really enjoying it because of the customization and the superb graphics.

In general, what did you guys thought about it? Everyone here probably talked about it a lot already so sorry for asking but it'd take some time to read this entire thread.

HS's graphics is pretty good even under lowest setting, and 10-slot accessories let you do a tad more on characters.

Sadly, the gameplay, or what resembling it, is minimal at best...but I spend a significant amount of time with studio.

Still, Illusion cannot spare the effort to port old maps and animations...the former I cannot fathom why, while the latter seems to have to do with how bones are completely different. Good thing there's mods that let you use previous games' animations in studio.

sorry to bug you guys but does anyone know of a better fix than

"set target display = 0"

to fix the screen in the background of the new map (concert)? THat doesnt work for me as it just splits the screen in half (it kinda "works" I guess)

HS's graphics is pretty good even under lowest setting, and 10-slot accessories let you do a tad more on characters.

Sadly, the gameplay, or what resembling it, is minimal at best...but I spend a significant amount of time with studio.

Still, Illusion cannot spare the effort to port old maps and animations...the former I cannot fathom why, while the latter seems to have to do with how bones are completely different. Good thing there's mods that let you use previous games' animations in studio.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention more specifically that it's a shame there's almost no gameplay besides H-scenes. I was just very pleasantly surprised by the graphics to be honest. Even though superb, top-tier graphics was never something that I wanted that bad in Illusion games, Honey Select just showed me how much it can add to the experience. With that said, I wish they would focus more on simulation-driven gameplay elements in their games. It's no sheer luck that Artificial games are so popular, if not the most popular and known Illusion games. I just hope that when they're releasing a lot of these "smaller" games, they're working on something big like Artificial Academy 3 for example.

I didn't know there are mods that can port over the animations, so that's pretty cool. Unfortunately for me, Studios aren't my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Last gift of the year, ILLUSION made a Honey Studio Data Complete Pack 2016 (1500+ scenes).

Thank you bunches :)....

Wow what a conversation, what the hell did i just walk in on... It sounds to me like everyone has there own perspective on sexually explicit content...

I always figured it's Simple...

A: It's a Game.
B: If you don't like what you see in the game, don't play it, simplicity itself.
C: My Ex played some of these games "As a women ofcourse" she also played a couple rape games...she used to say "It's just a game...& surprisingly some of this shit actually terns me on in a really weird way..." i have yet to figure out "WHY?" it turned her on, however regardless of it being a game or not...fact is, these "Rape games" does teach us a little bit about our shall we say "Aggressive sexual Nature"...it teaches us that it is "SICK in the head...IRL" but a video game?...It teaches us more about ourselves...without having to go out and physically do it IRL...Experience is treasure, and these "Rape Games" it teaches us the darker side of the "Taboo" spectrum...it is a perspective not many people know about or choose to explore...due to the social "Moral & Principle" of the self reasons, Don't get the wrong idea which im sure you already have, by no means do i support sexual assault etc etc etc...if you don't like it don't play it, however i personally have played the "Rape games"...i didn't like them, so i deleted them done, but my ex continued playing them...my question is why?...

I have a question about the character card file format in HS.
I noticed that the character cards only work if they're PNGs with 24-bit depth. Is there any reason for this and how can I convert cards with other file formats into ones that will work in game?

I noticed that the character cards only work if they're PNGs with 24-bit depth. Is there any reason for this and how can I convert cards with other file formats into ones that will work in game?

because it allows game data to be written to the end of the image file, which other format doesn't allow.
I don't even think the game will even look at other image format so you can't even load it even if you did manage to covert.

Hello, anyone still manages to access Illusion shared scene website for Honey Select? If so, are you using a vpn, and which one?
Thanks!

It's also worth noting that a LOT of image hosting sites, blogs, and chans strip PNGs of their data for security purposes, so the cards won't load in-game. I use www.imgbox.com to host mine; noticed a lot of people using that site.

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the game. Whenever i start a H scene, if i do nothing it works for about 30 seconds but then it freezes and the game stops responding, and it happenes faster if i try to change positions or change clothes. It does this on all the maps ive tried.

My PC has more than the recommended specs, but nothign works. Ive tried reinstalling to another drive, and again with a japanese administrater, with mods/dlc/official patches and without them, 32 bit and 64 bit and nothing works. Even on vanilla with lowest graphics and no background with no HF patch. Installign the HF patch doesnt help either.

Every other Illusion game i own works perfectly, it is only this game that stop responding during H scenes. Occasianly a crash error would also pop up tellign me to send the error to the Dev. I'm on windows 7 btw

Iv'e basically givin up on this game now, theres always SBPR :) but if anybody knows what is causing this error or how to fix it, i would really appreciate the help very much :)

Wasn't the big screen on the DLC stage map supposed to show your char? Or I remember wrong?

... Whenever i start a H scene, if i do nothing it works for about 30 seconds but then it freezes and the game stops responding, and it happenes faster if i try to change positions or change clothes. ...

Never heard of this one, but if this bug had been officially fixed then you should only apply the latest official full patch after vanilla installation. If the game crashes then have a look at the output_log.txt file in the HoneySelect_{32|64}_Data folder. This file might contain a hint what went wrong.

Wasn't the big screen on the DLC stage map supposed to show your char? Or I remember wrong?

Apparently there is a bug which affect some people so the camera doesn't work. I had the same problem and found this fix in HongFire which worked for me.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/5675963-illusion-honey%E2%99%A5select-%E3%83%8F%E3%83%8B%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BB%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%88-pre-release-discussion?p=5748904#post5748904

Reactions: BastianT
I'm kinda new to this game and haven't touched the Studio yet, what the scenes are? More positions option?
Studio is a poser mode. You can create settings and situations with it and add in your character(s).

The HS Campaign girl outfit looks pretty cool! Gonna miss not having more expansions for this :(

Where can I find the new map, pose and items from recent Expansion Pack? :confused:

are all here..? "honey_03_plus1226cp_sub.exe"

Last edited:
I was sifting through the scene pack, one of it is in the bathroom, and it clearly has water in the main pool.

...I wonder why...

I've installed the 26/12 patch (honey_03_plus1226ss, close to 600mb), but how do I access the new costumes, poses and maps (Stage, SM)

After installation, I do get the christmas outfit, and I see 'Ver. 1.11' in the top right corner of the home screen, but that's it..

I've checked all the threads, but can't seem to find any info on it.

Thanks in advance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nightfall35 wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
thebreaker2 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ106740 ver 2
RJ132271 ver 2.02
RJ130405 ver 1.04
RJ127061 ver 1.06
RJ114347 ver 1.10
RJ086550 ver 1.24

All download links are dead
Please could you reupload these using mexa.sh link?
trenx wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, any chance of getting this game?

妻の面影残る娘に、疼く欲情 ~俺のモノで教えてやる!~ アパタイト https://www.dlsite.com/pro/work/=/product_id/VJ01002091.html

Thanks for your time
pin13 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, do you think you can upload this please?

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
Ghiaccio wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello.
Is it possible to reupload the RJ336575?