Ya I thought of that. Isn't their two of rooks, knights and bishops. She said it is already her full set then that must mean Koneko and Kiba must have taken two each and one bishop is already been made off screen

no, kiba and koneko only took 1 each. the last bishop, or the mutating piece, was taken at about the same time as koneko, i think. it is given to a half vampire. the knight will be given to a holy sword user after the battle of Excalibur , and the rook will be given to a valkyrie after the battle of Ragnarok.

Sigh. If what I'm guessing is going to happen in episode 12 is right -- they have no sense of honor!
Issei gets his ass handed to him by Raiser -- then has to have Rias surrender to save him.
I know writer needed to "up" the suspense and can't have the conflict end so easily -- but I find this kind of resolution unsatisfying -- going back on their word after losing just to take back Rias.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh. If what I'm guessing is going to happen in episode 12 is right -- they have no sense of honor!
Issei gets his ass handed to him by Raiser -- then has to have Rias surrender to save him.
I know writer needed to "up" the suspense and can't have the conflict end so easily -- but I find this kind of resolution unsatisfying -- going back on their word after losing just to take back Rias.

well, the "rematch" was possible because it was unfair in the first place. Rias had no chance against a pro, and both families knew that, but still suggested this solution. i am now looking forward to welsh dragon chainmail now. hope it will look cool. as a matter of fact, i am only watching this show for the welsh dragon overboost and maybe vali, but shame for the latter one.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Please use the spoiler tags.

I am just glad the animu aint derailing too much from the LN.

That Armor is just too Awesome~. but only 10 seconds. orz
and again for unfortunate issei always fell over last momment, hate yet laught about it. but the battle kinda lack something, not really i expect and raiser didn't really look like phoenix on last momment only fire winged. = =
and Raiser's imouto(forgot her name) love her reaction. :3

so will they have next one adapted or not ? angel and white dragon still haven't make their appearance yet. i'm not gonna read the novel one though. ~ ~

I finished watching all 12 episodes and the special yesterday & i must say that it is one of the best anime i have seen this year but i think they overdid it with the tits. Other than that, everything else was amazing.

in the novel, the armour did not even last 10 seconds. it was cut short like in 7s. isse was like, omgwtf, why the hell did i get ripped off in the deal, drake then answered, well, the arm was good enough, but you were too weak to use the full 10s. yeah, you were too weak........

later in the story, the armour can go for like hours. but his rival can go for a month........

in the novel, the armour did not even last 10 seconds. it was cut short like in 7s. isse was like, omgwtf, why the hell did i get ripped off in the deal, drake then answered, well, the arm was good enough, but you were too weak to use the full 10s. yeah, you were too weak........

later in the story, the armour can go for like hours. but his rival can go for a month........

In the last episode the armor lasted him like 20 seconds.

I expected more from the last episode. But i guess it's an ecchi genre anime after all:8

Hm.. If you didn't like the emphasis on boob's than i don't advice you to watch the second season. Compared to the LN the boobs were undersimplified. In the novel his armor ran out at the 8 second mark. In the anime it was the full ten seconds. You don't actually think its going to be the actual seconds in real time do you?

The battle should of been more epic thats for sure. Compared to the LN Raizer was left off too easily. The anime did a good job of making you hate him though.

Side notes: Akeno has a bigger bust than Rias. Damn animators making me cry.
Ravel's cute tail was never animated... what a bummer.
The BD made me cry as I watched it today. The only lightsaber in episode two was replaced with Rias hair...
Light Novel is way better than the anime when it comes to story, the art is better too.

^ Yeah~

All evidence point to the LN being better, but I wouldnt say animu was bad. In fact, I think its a job well done, its just the common prejudice against 'oppai animu and fanservice'. Those idiots who commonly label this tag cant think beyond that fact, but I cant care less. They are the fools losing out in the end, not me.

Gonna pick up my pace in the LNs, I have the hard-copies, yet still untouched. :(

The anime was great. I think a lot of the emotional parts were brought out nicely, and the battle animations are nice too.

So, let me give some reviews for this:

For first time I see this anime stuff shows many ecchi things and the plot goes as like as a chess game where Issei acts as a "black" pawn that can promote himself to four positions: knight, bishop, rook and queen in current order to defeat the Phoenix and the fallen angels as "white".

Then before it ends those ecchi things minimised and changed to so-great battle between the devils and the angels, the battle ended when Issei defeats Phoenix with that gear stuff but Koneko and the queen who joined Issei's group defeated.

So lovely kiss between Issei and Rias there, totally a good end as I had expected.

But Koneko's role is the best after all even she were defeated by the queen of Phoenix on the battle.

Is there going to be a second season and as for the ecchi content doesn't really matter either way

Sadly nothing has been announced yet D:
Like i love this series, i love the story, the characters and the beautiful Akeno-Chan >A< i hope they make another season, oh and they'll be releasing 6 OVAs through the year (YAY!!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Nari4998 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, is there any chance of getting this game?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ436011.html
Sirvipe235 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hope it's ok to ask for this last one for now. I'm still new to requesting games is all.
nobis_c wrote on biohrd's profile.
To y'all, he's been gone for a while now. Like, for years. When he'll be back? Who knows.

I'm just here to tell you, save your breath.
gaoda1347 wrote on Shine's profile.
the 「Clear Girlー無色透明彼女ー」 has a fix patch was uploaded. could you reupload it plz?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threa...ftware-clear-girlー無色透明彼女ー-rj01093304.1489533/
AoToHime wrote on ramori's profile.
Hello there. Can you please upload this?

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01199671.html/

Thanks in advance!