Hare's genki-ness makes me wanna support her crush for Shu, but Inori's too tough a cookie to crack.
Come on, their swimsuits were perfect, as well as the bath scene, but Inori's yukata look was simply divine.

:D

LOLLED hard when i read your comments, guys.
I like inoreen's song at the start... Euterpe by egoist :D

back to the discussion thingy,

SHU IS SUCH A COWARD in romance...
Seriously, make it clear already...
"you're my...." what?

But inori is sorta...... so pokerface? she doesnt REALLY show her affections with Shu.
So many people likes Shu ^^ Haruka, Hare and Inori... They all are so hot ey?

Im starting to think the plot is getting too longwinded, it's already ep 9 and there's isnt much happening yet...
someone needs to start answering the questions asked and make it fast T.T
EG. why is shu's dad's card is with that keido guy? Why does he need the stone? What happen to... umm.. what's his name.. umm.. the person who betrayed shu for his brother... The building collapsed.. did he die?
so many questions...
I'm looking forward to the romance in this anime but i wonder when will inori and shu actually show their mutual love to each other?? hmmmm...

Look forward to next episode ^__^

34hi0b9.jpg

When you have a mum this hawt, you ought to wonder why are you so damn lucky.

His mom is so good~~~

I.G. why you being such a d*ck? From the mysteries unanswered last week, we suddenly jump back to Yahiro/Jun arc. Come on guys, it'd be nice to get some answers around here instead of moar questions.

Anywho, this looked like a light episode starring Shuu and Hare on a date, but of course, this being a love triangle and Yahiro being a KY Hare never quite got the chance to finish her confession (seems like nobody around this block can). Unfortunately Shuu doesn't seem all that interested in Hare and blowing her off for Yahiro was a big no-no in my book. Anyways, what makes Shuu so great (outside of his love life) is that even though he's become a knight in shining armor in only few episodes, he still has realistic teenage emotions like anger and vengeance. I was half expecting Shuu to lend money to Yahiro after all he's been through because of this asshole just because he's nice like that, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Shuu tear him apart like a paper, although he still ends up helping Yahiro for Jun's sake, but I guess that's just his character.

So this week's question is Apocalypse and its functions. Aside from being the actual life host of the infected person, this little disease can apparently give the power to see people's Voids. Couple of weeks ago Shuu revealed that Gai in fact has the same power. Ah, interesting eh? Still too early to make anything concrete but this theory explains Gai's "sickness" and his power to see the Voids. Of course, I wouldn't expect Gai to be fully infected since he hasn't gotten the crystallization Jun had, but I assume it's going to tie into this plot somehow.

So yes, I still liked the episode. I think it had the most humane moments in this series so far. Just because it's anime it doesn't mean a family can't hate each other's guts. Shuu now has some more teenage crisis on his hand now from killing Jun though, and now that Hare has seen all this (although she didn't look all that surprised), what will she do? I just hope she won't end up like most heroines in her position, she's one of my favorite characters in this series now (y u so cute?!?!).

Last edited:
I'm just waiting for Major Segai to become one of the Looney Tunes. He can't hide it. He knows he wants to join the ranks of Dan Eagleman.

Aside from that, not much to say about this episode. It was okay, but there wasn't really much to make fun of besides the fact that these bad guys are stupid.

Japan doesn't seem to like the lastest episode XD

For the first time in the series, I felt agonized by Shuu's actions. I guess I saw it coming but man, it's still disappointing considering how much I praised him.

So I guess the awkward scene jump last episode was meant to set Shuu up for a huge downfall (though Yahiro was nowhere to be seen this week, so we don't know exactly what happened after last week). It was kinda like the same one he had early in the series where he was traumatized by the power he has, but much, much worse. He practically made all three girls he has had extensive contact with cry (Inori, Hare, Ayase), where each of them tried to cheer him up in their own way, and STILL couldn't get back up on his feet (although Hare, being the last one may or may not have succeeded; too early to tell, but if it did it proves that all it takes to cheer a へたれprotagonist up is a bitch slap from a girl). What he did to Inori and Hare were especially cruel, calling the former a monster and smacking her hand, and using latter's feelings for him to lick his wound from Inori leaving. Christ Shuu, what happened to the quick thinking and independent you that I came to love?

It's interesting that Shuu mentions he wanted to be like Gai...what he lacks is not the strength nor the intelligence, it's the discipline and coldness. How could he ever hope to become like Gai if he couldn't handle one death that he was involved with? Gai was in the same situation few episodes ago but he didn't stop. But I suppose no protagonist is complete without downfall & redemption, and I'm sure latter is coming. Although downfall this early in the series makes me wonder a bit what's in store late series.

Anywho, of course there had to be some kind of a master mind who wants different thing than the head of the military which is non other than the return of Lost Christmas. I'm not sure what good possibly comes out of crystallizing people and having them be sucked into the sky (wtf?) but I hope he doesn't turn out to be some mere psycho who thinks he's the god *coughgundamseedcough*. Though if anything it reminds me a bit of Evangelion.

Question remains on who exactly that girl inside Inori is, but she's apparently Shuu's childhood friend whom he was in love with. And Gai uttering how Inori is falling in love with Shuu just like her confirms that Gai did know Shuu since he was child, which strengthens my theory that the boy that was cut off in the childhood photo from couple of episodes ago was indeed Gai. And since Gai said that he's fighting to hold a girl in his arms leads all back to what exactly happened in Lost Christmas between our heroes, which you can be sure is just some sort of twisted love triangle when it comes down to it. But Gai doesn't look like he has much long to live now that he's started to crystallize (also confirmed my guess last week about Gai being an infected). At this rate my initial guess about Gai being a mere stepping stone for Shuu will also come true. \o/

Anyways, I hope Shuu redeems himself next episode because I hate seeing him be such a creep.

P.S. When Keidou said he wants to continue the Christmas that humanity lost, I kinda laughed because next week's episode airs 2 days before Christmas irl w

Last edited:
Hey, the plot is moving!

Finally, an episode that delivered a series of eventful singularities in chain reaction that made me look to all sides. A serious flaw, however, was listening to Shu wallowing in self-pity over his trauma with Jun's incident. It's getting on my nerves now every time he goes emo mode and puts on his most depressed quitter, victim attitude. The staff is definitely TRYING TOO HARD to make Shu sympathetic.

Shu's breakdown has been handled in quite possibly the worst way possible. They just had him totally freak out and turn not only into an even bigger pussy than he was at the beginning of the series, but also into a jerk who thinks only with his dick (notice how he only reacted to "Inori will move out your house" and I don't need to point out what he later did to Hare). Only thing I'm happy about is that Hare will apparently be the one who will help him get out of this dark phase.

I'm also peeved they didn't even show what happened after Shu told Yahiro he killed his brother. Why would you completely omit this and write Yahiro out of the story with no explanation? I thought the first few minutes of the episode were missing at first.

Gai before this episode: kinda jerky, but he's a good leader and very good planner, and is able to figure out how to manipulate Shu into doing his bidding. Gai this episode: all of a sudden, entirely incompetent at managing Shu. Some consistency pls? There is still positives here. Hare, Gai, and Ayase all had great moments precisely because Shu gave them legit reasons to get pissed off and critique him/stand up for themselves. Hare in particular had a wonderful moment near the end of this episode, one that helps to round her character out even more.

Now, for other positives aka the plot, the raid to take the plane was very exciting to watch, and struck me as pretty realistic for this show. Maybe one of the good things about Shu quitting on Undertaker is that it forced the writing staff to not Void/Super Power their way through things, so the action side of things had to come a bit more down to Earth, making it a bit more gritty I felt.

Gai's death flag is increasing.

Gai before this episode: kinda jerky, but he's a good leader and very good planner, and is able to figure out how to manipulate Shu into doing his bidding. Gai this episode: all of a sudden, entirely incompetent at managing Shu. Some consistency pls?
I thought that was the product of Gai losing cool due to his life span getting shorter and shorter (observed early in the episode when he was sweating like a fat guy at Comike). I kinda liked this, I felt Gai slowly becoming less and less patient.

They overdid it sometimes which results in characters flip flop imo (prefers a more subtle way). Well, I guess he didn't change his character every episode when the plot demands it. The characters would have improved a lot if they actually try to show them what they want. This is the reason I think why most ppl find yukiteru actually much more tolerable than Shu (he just responses to any stimuli thrown at him).

Ahhh, Shu is such a coward. He wants inori but he cant protect her and instead, hurts her. This is getting rather boring cos the main male character is so stupid.

^Remind me Some Should Die Coward Protagonist ex : shinji
almost drop this one every time Shu Sulking --a

beside that it's actually could be perfect i guess :3

They are trying Shinji Ikari 2.0 but the problem is that they didn't even get the shinji type characterization correct.

if they correct,it will be much worse --a
well since it's still halfway maybe he would change as the time flow *due to event in the future
maybe there still hope for this show :3

I really don't get why exactly people have that much problem with Shuu. He's not a cookie cutter Mr.Perfect but not a total dolt either, he's the perfect middle type that's most realistic. Kinda reminds me of Kyousuke from OreImo with a different degree of personality. He's rather average, he makes mistakes and hurt others, but he's passionate about people he cares about and is willing to travel the road less traveled by to help them in time of need.

I can't imagine why people would like Shinji or Yukiteru better than Shuu (former hurt people he cares about more than once due to sheer fragility and latter is just downright stupid and annoying), but each to his own I guess.

Anywho,
Oh man, Inori totally got NTR'd, and all of Gai's deathflags just got paid off in lump sum, while there's some sort of tower forming from all the Apocalypse Virus crystals. Is this show going to the direction I think it's going? Is Shuu going to now lead the Undertakers through the tower of Druaga to rescue the taken princess from an evil fluffy overlord with the most awkward eyebrows?

Yahiro makes appearance again and helps Shuu *try* to rescue Inori but still no explanation of what really happened after Jun died. He's pissed of course, but not enough to completely regard Shuu as an enemy. Ah well, I guess we'll never know now. Pretty disappointing considering they threw us into this psychological enigma and just threw us back out without any epilogue. I hope this was worth it, because as it stands now there seems to be plenty of time for them to have covered this.

As for Shuu, he finally figures out that he CAN'T be like Gai and returns to the usual quick thinking Shuu that I came to love, but this should have been done a week ago. Anyways, he now has to get over Gai's death and I imagine these deaths in succession might take a toll on him, but I trust he won't fall into emo mode again right after the one he just got over since he has to answer to the remaining Undertakers who have lost their most hax leader covering for him.

As for our villain group...well, what can I say. I didn't think they'd take Dan out this early. I mean, he was way more interesting than Segai or Keidou for me and these two are going to be the bane of this show for me. *Yawns*
But at least there's Daryl the father killer. Not much emotion to be sparked from third person view though considering about the only scenes that told any story about them were the elevator and restaurant, each spanning for no longer than 2 minutes. Still, he's going to be my only saving grace for this hopeless batch of uninteresting villains.

On another note, the name of mysterious persona within Inori is apparently Mana.

That OST in episode 11. Godly~

A lot's been revealed. Cutting all long stories short, Shu mans up this episode, but still falls short in the end. Obviously I wasnt expecting a happy end when Shu broke through to Inori (anyone who at least watched geass should have expected this), but Shu isnt the only power holder around. Gai's time is up, with all the flags raised in 1 episode, next week's is the introduction of Mana, and a glimpse into Shu's past with her and Gai.

I liked the interaction at school where Shu revealed voids to his friends. Hare's lovelyness still shines through. That drug junkie returning as a 'friend' was a bit not needed, but eventually still helped. Daryl is father-killer, like I supported that act too. Good Job. Haruka's escape sent a shiver down my spine. I mean, she may have triggered a death flag there, with so many armed bastards around the room. I sense yet another NTR here after Inori's scene in the last few minutes, because Keido failed to shoot her.

Loving how things have quite already reached a climax at EP11, did I.G. plan for this to be 1 cour before? Preview hasnt been kind. Waiting for next week as usual.

I can't imagine why people would like Shinji or Yukiteru better than Shuu (former hurt people he cares about more than once due to sheer fragility and latter is just downright stupid and annoying), but each to his own I guess.

If you are referring to me, then I would like to say that I too dislike Yukiteru and Shinji but there is a solid characterization with them that makes you understand at least where they are coming from.

(Excluding this episode, my problem with Shu previous episodes)
Naturally, Shu would change after the magnitude of events he has gone through. But my (and assuredly many others’) problem with Shu is symptomatic of Guilty Crown as a whole: there is no depth of thought concerning him. He is a milquetoast lead running through the anime rat maze simply reacting to stimuli. I don't count Shu's action realistic since the plot demands him to do it. Who is Shu as a person? What are his aspirations? What are his regrets? What does he think of his own situation? Who does he hold dearest in his heart? Ten episodes is a long time to not learn the true essence of the main character which the show focuses on (we didn't need so many episodes to understand Lelouch) Lets take UN-GO which is what i called a real noitamina show as an example, the characters are solid, feel deep and multi-dimensional and that show didn't actually focus on the main characters all the time.

That said, epi 11 is a step in the correct direction (just hoping that they don't take another two step backwards again).

^ Hmm, jap board lurker and japs view things so differently.

I admit about this show not being 'noitamina' and about Shu being the wuss he is, perhaps everyone rated GC too highly before it hit the TV back then, including me. Not that I am thoroughly disappointed, I wanted more from the more interesting side characters, yet each week what I hear all over the internet are complains of Shu. Yes, that dude stretched our patience, was very angry last week for what he did to Hare. I gave him and I.G. opportunities to build his chara, after its only after 11 long episodes, and just to be thrown into chaos again probably after the latest one.

Episode 11 was excellent. Just goes to re-confirm to never expect a happy end for these events when you have a guy called Hiroyuki Yoshino behind the scenes. He never fails to give the most WTF cliffhangars, much like he did for every episode of Geass. Flashback episode flag raised since episode 1, looks like its upon us soon. Really wanna see Haruka's reactions when she (ever) reunites with her son, and the truth behind the lost christmas and Shu.

If you are referring to me, then I would like to say that I too dislike Yukiteru and Shinji but there is a solid characterization with them that makes you understand at least where they are coming from.

(Excluding this episode, my problem with Shu previous episodes)
Naturally, Shu would change after the magnitude of events he has gone through. But my (and assuredly many others’) problem with Shu is symptomatic of Guilty Crown as a whole: there is no depth of thought concerning him. He is a milquetoast lead running through the anime rat maze simply reacting to stimuli. I don't count Shu's action realistic since the plot demands him to do it. Who is Shu as a person? What are his aspirations? What are his regrets? What does he think of his own situation? Who does he hold dearest in his heart? Ten episodes is a long time to not learn the true essence of the main character which the show focuses on (we didn't need so many episodes to understand Lelouch) Lets take UN-GO which is what i called a real noitamina show as an example, the characters are solid, feel deep and multi-dimensional and that show didn't actually focus on the main characters all the time.

That said, epi 11 is a step in the correct direction (just hoping that they don't take another two step backwards again).

I don't understand what "solid characterization" Yuki and Shinji had that Shuu doesn't?
I feel what you listed as quality of a multi dimensional character have been thoroughly seen in the anime. What you assume Shuu to be currently was his character 10 episodes ago. He has gained aspiration to be more than a droplet of water in an ocean, he has shown regret of throwing away his otherwise-peaceful life and he has shown his desire to change himself. If we are simply going to dismiss his mentality that makes up his character as a driver for plot device, then all protagonists would be on the same boat. Lelouch was ruthless because the show CG asked for a ruthless lead who was going to change the whole world. Shinji was a little pussy faggot because Evangelion asked for a lead who was going to showcase the mindset of a 14 year old who was forced to pilot a giant biomechanical robot. Guilty Crown asked for a lead who is "empty" and one dimensional so that the show can revolve around that one dimensional protagonist who reacts to the changing world around him and become filled as a character over time. It's simply a different method of characterization if anything, and I prefer it this way just because there's no certainty how Shuu will end up like, unlike Lelouch whose character was pretty much set from the beginning. It's both refreshing and exciting.

Hey I don't know about others. The reason I like Shuu so much is that he changes along with the world and adopts to it so quickly. His psychology is easily understandable yet the character still poses surprises that keeps me wondering. Other characters in the show like Gai, Keidou and Segai are so predictable and typical I find them to be exact opposite of Shuu, but I guess that's just the way I view this show. Some people do like these kind of bold characters and I can respect that.

What you assume Shuu to be currently was his character 10 episodes ago

(Excluding this episode, my problem with Shu previous episodes) Well, I was referring to the previous episodes >_>. Lastest episode is a good step for him. I guess we are really different on how we view characters and plot. I hardly find Shuu exciting since I predicted he is going to go through the angst and man up stage. On the other hand, I find Segai to be more interesting with his obsession with Shuu (wondering what he might do next). Lol, complete different opinions.

Still enjoy discussing even we are of different opinions ^^.

RIP American Dan. Thank you for saving that hot MILF Haruka. You shall be missed... in America!

I was pretty happy they didn't forget about Yahiro and brought him back in this episode, until I realized he has already forgiven Shu and wants to be his BFF once more (even though they never were real friends in the first place). Sorry, can't buy that.

They finally explained the title away, and it was quite a let down to say the least. Shu feels guilty because he didn't ask permission before pulling voids out...

The cliffhanger was rather unexciting. Eyebrows-kun looks too funny for me to him seriously (would have helped if Inori didn't scream erotically when he took out her void too).

Oddly enough, even though I don't have anything good to say about this episode, I found it pretty entertaining. I guess it's not that bad... or maybe it's so bad it's good? I can't tell.

I like how Shu handle the whole affair. He stops trying to imitate Gai and just be himself. I like how Shu handle the whole affair. He stops trying to imitate Gai and just be himself. Well, at least he has some personal motivation now.

Dropping this here for the lulz.

DcHcr.jpg

HIS EYEBROWS IS TOTALLY MUGI'S EYEBROWS.

Last edited:
okay... this is turns out to be beyond my prediction, i was thought that Mana was some kind of Shu's childhood friend, instead of his sister.
well, im beginning to think, does Mana really love Shuu, or she was just affected by the stone.
i also didn't expected that Shuu was a lot different in the past as his relations ship with Gai is also turns out to be a turned table situation, Gai Figure that Shuu's wanted to be was something that Shuu already had long time ago.
i guess after Gai's death and Shuu being remembered everything. Shuu might be the next candidate for leader of Sougisha.

and... dammit Shuichirou... think of your age! aren't you ashamed to marrying a teenager!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi Ryzen111, would you reupload the mexashare links, please?
孕ませの森
Rise Arisen (for this one, is the bonus content included?【早期購入特典付き】)
nobis_c wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Dear Nihonjaki90, would you reupload this title?
Rise Arisen ~ライズ、アライズン~
Lulu368 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, can you upload this otome asmr, please: https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
A-9000 wrote on Shine's profile.
Legend says this one was available in 2023 before it's demise...thanks in advance!

🌟Shine🌟[230713][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ (Ver1.2) [RJ01044906]
redbeamff wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.fanbox.cc/@nakkemos/posts/8045723

pls upload new NAKK videos :D