God Eater

You mean you didn't watch the tutorial videos? Shame on you, to lead the elite unit under HQ's direct supervision. Go back to using an old-type God Arc! But yes, I love the new devour combos. They're available in GE2 too, but not GE/B, where you had to either charge up devour or combo it. Imagine my excitement when I could do Zero Stance and then devour right away.

Bullet editing takes a lot of trials and errors. I never got into it in GEB either; I only used simple assault bullets (my favourite gun was Arda Nova's assault after all) or blast radials like Canon's. But blood bullets are more exciting. I spent like 2 hours straight crafting the blast bullets I showed earlier and probably a total of some more hours thinking it out. And yeah, I've heard about it―my friend was complaining about snipers being nerfed. If only they would give oracle reserve to snipers...

I did, back in GEB. And then I watched them in GE2, but only the weapon tutorials to learn how to use BH and CS.

Sniper's actually pretty decent if the part you're trying to break is weak to gun pierce. Otherwise, it's generally better for killing rather than breaking parts...as long as you know where the snipe point is on every Aragami. Gun Attack + Gun Attack + Hide Attack in stealth mode is probably pretty damn deadly.

I found this Sniper bullet (Delta RIP) on a Japanese wiki. It looks like the one the livestreamer was using. It's pretty decent if you push the damage up by adding the super-long BB chip to the last three modules; it doesn't really raise the OP cost by much at all, oddly enough.

Oh yeah, look what I found:
http://i.imgur.com/d8fx1Ym.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kXYZ6N1.jpg

Shame the former's Lv7; the first two skills on it only work if it's Lv10, otherwise they do absolutely nothing.

EDIT: Man, the images are huge when inserted here. I'm linking them instead.

Last edited:
Sniper's actually pretty decent if the part you're trying to break is weak to gun pierce. Otherwise, it's generally better for killing rather than breaking parts...as long as you know where the snipe point is on every Aragami. Gun Attack + Gun Attack + Hide Attack in stealth mode is probably pretty damn deadly.
It is. That's what one of my friends do―we'd stalk an enemy quietly and let him snipe the first hit from as far as he can. With Arbalest (the upgraded version of Borg Camlann's sniper with no elemental bonuses but absolutely best pierce/crush multiplier), he seems to deal 1300 to well over 2000 damage, though he complained that Arbalest got nerfed in RB. I don't know if it's because I suck at FPS, but it's hard to get it right for me. Ciel can do much better than me, including once sniping and breaking a Chi-You's head before it even fully descended on the battlefield...

Ugh, bullet recipes are rather hard to understand and imagine without seeing them in the actual bullet edit interface. It's probably similar to my friend's bullets, though I personally can't seem to be able to optimise OP cost for sniper bullets. With blast, I can rely on gravity and timing (delayed and vertically arcing bullets are much more economical than straight ones), but I'm not sure what I can do with snipers.

Vital Keeper really looks like the ideal skillset for me as I always prioritise on survivability. While JGHP回復 won't likely be useful for me (I use mainly towers and suck at parrying), the rest are absolute love. Higher rank Shirogane set also gives 捕食体力吸収, which is useful as I do devour a lot to always maintain my burst level. The second image looks nice if you play the support role. Use a short blade and close in only occasionally and you'll have all the OP you want for rear support and healing.

Arbalest is the one with Disable Homing right?

Speaking of stalking, there's this somewhat fun mission in GE2RB titled "Hide and Kill". What they tell you is that there are multiple Yaksha, Fallen Gboro-Gboro (Ice) and Fallen Kongou, and that you get "Attack Power Up XL" when not engaged in combat. What they don't tell you is that that attack boost is about 30x to 50x, which means practically any attack is an instant kill as long as you're unnoticed (not particularly easy considering the Yakshas' heightened senses). There's also another incentive to not get spotted - their attack power has been buffed to ridiculous levels, pretty much enough to oneshot you. In other words, this is not combat; it's an assassination.

It is. Useless for healing (unless you use radial), but the damage's pretty baws. Not even Kyuubi's sniper compares.

That mission feels familiar. Maybe it was in vanilla GE2 too? I remember going to such a mission with said sniper friend against some Gboro and Kongou, only I don't remember what variants (or maybe I'm thinking of a completely different but similar mission). As you said, hide attack works really well there. I recall charging at a Kongou and whacking it in melee only to get demotivated when it punched me for like 80% of my health. For the rest of the mission we just fled and followed my sniper friend sneaking and sniping (one-shotting) all the Aragami one by one. Definitely not my kind of mission; I'm not the sneaky type in just about any game...

It is. Useless for healing (unless you use radial), but the damage's pretty baws. Not even Kyuubi's sniper compares.

That mission feels familiar. Maybe it was in vanilla GE2 too? I remember going to such a mission with said sniper friend against some Gboro and Kongou, only I don't remember what variants (or maybe I'm thinking of a completely different but similar mission). As you said, hide attack works really well there. I recall charging at a Kongou and whacking it in melee only to get demotivated when it punched me for like 80% of my health. For the rest of the mission we just fled and followed my sniper friend sneaking and sniping (one-shotting) all the Aragami one by one. Definitely not my kind of mission; I'm not the sneaky type in just about any game...

Just ran a search and yeah, it was in GE2 as DLC (Anniversary Pack). It was rank 10 in GE2, and high difficulty rank 14 in GE2RB. Hmm...looks like I remembered wrong; it was a regular Gboro and Kongou. Anyhow, it's pretty fun going around killing stuff with one hit. You don't actually need Hide Attack if your weapons are good enough. I snuck up to a Yaksha and oneshotted it by slashing its legs. But then again it feels like their HP is pretty low, so maybe they're still at <rank 10 HP despite being in rank 14.

Just ran a search and yeah, it was in GE2 as DLC (Anniversary Pack). It was rank 10 in GE2, and high difficulty rank 14 in GE2RB. Hmm...looks like I remembered wrong; it was a regular Gboro and Kongou. Anyhow, it's pretty fun going around killing stuff with one hit. You don't actually need Hide Attack if your weapons are good enough. I snuck up to a Yaksha and oneshotted it by slashing its legs. But then again it feels like their HP is pretty low, so maybe they're still at <rank 10 HP despite being in rank 14.
Yeah, pretty sure the one that almost OHKO'd me was brown, so a regular Kongou. It was in the Tranquil Temple, iirc. Yaksha and even Yaksha Raja always have low HP, and maybe the mission debuffed it more in exchange for their buffed-up attack power. Then again, the DLC missions are pretty random in terms of difficulty, like a mission against Ravana to get one of the two items required to make the Santa outfits (トナカイの落し物 or something) was just rank like 4 (I don't remember exactly, but I killed it with two shots).

Rindou's side story (spoiler; huge spoiler for those who haven't played GEB: [hl-white]the protagonist triggers a resonance with Rindou where s/he got into Rindou's mind after his arm had completely undergone Aragami transformation. He then killed and ate a Prithvi Mata as seen in GEB, and began transforming into Corrosive Hannibal, at which point the protagonist appeared and helped him fend off a Blitz[/hl-white]) was my favourite, btw, though sadly too easy.

Yeah, pretty sure the one that almost OHKO'd me was brown, so a regular Kongou. It was in the Tranquil Temple, iirc. Yaksha and even Yaksha Raja always have low HP, and maybe the mission debuffed it more in exchange for their buffed-up attack power. Then again, the DLC missions are pretty random in terms of difficulty, like a mission against Ravana to get one of the two items required to make the Santa outfits (トナカイの落し物 or something) was just rank like 4 (I don't remember exactly, but I killed it with two shots).

Rindou's side story (spoiler; huge spoiler for those who haven't played GEB: [hl-white]the protagonist triggers a resonance with Rindou where s/he got into Rindou's mind after his arm had completely undergone Aragami transformation. He then killed and ate a Prithvi Mata as seen in GEB, and began transforming into Corrosive Hannibal, at which point the protagonist appeared and helped him fend off a Blitz[/hl-white]) was my favourite, btw, though sadly too easy.

Not quite. The resonance actually triggered a time slip. i.e. [hl-white]the resonance caused the GE2 protag to actually travel back in time; this is confirmed by Rindou's final line, in which he wonders what happened to "that fellow" who helped him out back then. The GE2 protag walks past at that very moment and the possibility of "that fellow" being the protag occurs to him, but he quickly dismisses it as impossible.[/hl-white]

Rindou's sidestory is Rank 15 in RB, but isn't all that difficult. The DLC all seem to be rank 15 and fairly difficult so far. Reminiscence, Return of the Defence Unit and The Black Devourer were all included on-cart, and so were all the GE2 DLC costumes (including the xmas ones). The Defence Unit was worked into the plot, so while the other two were placed under "Extra", nothing of the sort was done for the Defence Unit storyline.

Not quite. The resonance actually triggered a time slip. i.e. [hl-white]the resonance caused the GE2 protag to actually travel back in time; this is confirmed by Rindou's final line, in which he wonders what happened to "that fellow" who helped him out back then. The GE2 protag walks past at that very moment and the possibility of "that fellow" being the protag occurs to him, but he quickly dismisses it as impossible.[/hl-white]

Rindou's sidestory is Rank 15 in RB, but isn't all that difficult. The DLC all seem to be rank 15 and fairly difficult so far. Reminiscence and The Black Devourer were both included on-cart, and so were all the GE2 DLC costumes (including the xmas ones).
Ah yeah, fair. Though I found it disappointing that [hl-white]GE2's protagonist just ran away when Rindou began transforming; I was hoping s/he'd yell the magic words (生きることから逃げるな!) at Rindou even if s/he couldn't stop the transformation.[/hl-white] After all, in one of Rindou's character episodes, [hl-white]he mumbled those words to himself, after which he was like "あれ、お前さんとはこういう話したことあったっけ" (or something, don't remember the exact line)[/hl-white] though maybe it was just like how everyone else (especially old first unit members) also felt similarities between both protagonists.

Well, having faced Blitz in survival prior to doing that DLC side story, the rank 9 one went down way too quick (though I suppose they also considered the fact that you only have Rindou to fight along with). Most of the difficult DLC missions seem to be the ones giving numbered Aragami Crystal rewards, just like in GEB. Among the extra costumes, though, I gotta say the survival bonus shirts (winning with difficulties of +5, +10, +20, and +99 or something like that) were soooo underwhelming:
public.php
It felt like the devs were playing the classic "all I got was this lousy T-shirt" on me.

Ah yeah, fair. Though I found it disappointing that [hl-white]GE2's protagonist just ran away when Rindou began transforming; I was hoping s/he'd yell the magic words (生きることから逃げるな!) at Rindou even if s/he couldn't stop the transformation.[/hl-white] After all, in one of Rindou's character episodes, [hl-white]he mumbled those words to himself, after which he was like "あれ、お前さんとはこういう話したことあったっけ" (or something, don't remember the exact line)[/hl-white] though maybe it was just like how everyone else (especially old first unit members) also felt similarities between both protagonists.

Well, having faced Blitz in survival prior to doing that DLC side story, the rank 9 one went down way too quick (though I suppose they also considered the fact that you only have Rindou to fight along with). Most of the difficult DLC missions seem to be the ones giving numbered Aragami Crystal rewards, just like in GEB. Among the extra costumes, though, I gotta say the survival bonus shirts (winning with difficulties of +5, +10, +20, and +99 or something like that) were soooo underwhelming:
public.php
It felt like the devs were playing the classic "all I got was this lousy T-shirt" on me.

Well, Rindou yelled at him/her to get the hell out of there so...

Well, Rindou yelled at him/her to get the hell out of there so...
Rindou also ordered at the entire first unit to get the hell away from Aegis, though GEB's protagonist overruled his order. On a somewhat related note, it'd be nice if you (as GE2 protagonist) could meet your, um, significant other (although those who didn't import their save would probably meet the generic Kannagi Yuu). I thought Kigurumi was GEB's protagonist as s/he/it also copies whatever Link Support Device you use, but whether you import your save or not it always uses the same set of weapons, all of which are unobtainable in GE/B.

Interesting character episodes, though, if a bit too slow-paced and full of fillers compared to the others'. My favourites are still Erina's (despite not particularly liking kouhai archetypes) and Nana's (トキメキグレネード!), and maybe Gil's if only because his opens access to one of the coolest sets in the game. Yours?

Rindou also ordered at the entire first unit to get the hell away from Aegis, though GEB's protagonist overruled his order. On a somewhat related note, it'd be nice if you (as GE2 protagonist) could meet your, um, significant other (although those who didn't import their save would probably meet the generic Kannagi Yuu). I thought Kigurumi was GEB's protagonist as s/he/it also copies whatever Link Support Device you use, but whether you import your save or not it always uses the same set of weapons, all of which are unobtainable in GE/B.

Interesting character episodes, though, if a bit too slow-paced and full of fillers compared to the others'. My favourites are still Erina's (despite not particularly liking kouhai archetypes) and Nana's (トキメキグレネード!), and maybe Gil's if only because his opens access to one of the coolest sets in the game. Yours?

Yeah that's what I thought too, especially since the protagonists are all silent protagonists, so the reason Kigurumi doesn't speak might be because of that.

I like Emil's character episode. Because I get to bully him. I'd like to mention others, but they're extremely spoilery so I'll refrain from it.

I hear v1.20 of RB will be adding "Operator Episodes", supposedly character episodes for all four operators (though some JP players are speculating it might be "Extra" missions instead).

Ah yes. v1.10 unlocked most of the "Another" characters for free. They were initially only given out as DLC codes bundled with stuff like the official GE2 magazine. These characters have palette-swapped clothes and God Arcs based on one particular Aragami. They invariably have different guns and BAs than usual, as well as different signature skills to equip. For example, Ciel uses a sniper rifle and has the BA Silent Lotus. Another Ciel uses a shotgun and has one of the square BAs for SB (I forgot which - it was either 風斬りの陣 or 空断ちの陣).

Yeah that's what I thought too, especially since the protagonists are all silent protagonists, so the reason Kigurumi doesn't speak might be because of that.

I like Emil's character episode. Because I get to bully him. I'd like to mention others, but they're extremely spoilery so I'll refrain from it.

I hear v1.20 of RB will be adding "Operator Episodes", supposedly character episodes for all four operators (though some JP players are speculating it might be "Extra" missions instead).

Ah yes. v1.10 unlocked most of the "Another" characters for free. They were initially only given out as DLC codes bundled with stuff like the official GE2 magazine. These characters have palette-swapped clothes and God Arcs based on one particular Aragami. They invariably have different guns and BAs than usual, as well as different signature skills to equip. For example, Ciel uses a sniper rifle and has the BA Silent Lotus. Another Ciel uses a shotgun and has one of the square BAs for SB (I forgot which - it was either 風斬りの陣 or 空断ちの陣).
Spoilery? Most episodes are just fun side stories (like Haruomi's) which carry little to no importance, imo, except maybe for Rindou and Soma. Even Alisa's episodes feel inconsequential especially if you consider her role as the de facto female lead of GE/B.

Man, I remember how my friends went crazy over Urara when we started playing the Defence Unit DLC. I find her voice kinda irritating (though I gotta say her VA did really well to make her sound green), but I'd be interested in her and Teruomi's back stories. Hibari probably has been in the spotlight enough already considering her lasting presence and some drama CD appearances, but I don't think Fran had any of such, so hers would be nice, too.

As for the "Another" characters, are those the ones seen in the RB promo images? I don't remember all of them, but I do recall seeing Gil with Rufus Caligula's red spear (don't remember if he also had the buckler and sniper/shotgun). 風斬りの陣 was one of my favourite lazy man's BAs, though Ciel with shotgun may kinda mismatch with her background as she's trained in assassination (that thigh knife!). Though, as Livie also uses multiple types and the protagonist pats Julius' God Arc without any problem, maybe Blood members just don't have the problem GE protagonist had when s/he used Rindou's God Arc...

Spoilery? Most episodes are just fun side stories (like Haruomi's) which carry little to no importance, imo, except maybe for Rindou and Soma. Even Alisa's episodes feel inconsequential especially if you consider her role as the de facto female lead of GE/B.

Man, I remember how my friends went crazy over Urara when we started playing the Defence Unit DLC. I find her voice kinda irritating (though I gotta say her VA did really well to make her sound green), but I'd be interested in her and Teruomi's back stories. Hibari probably has been in the spotlight enough already considering her lasting presence and some drama CD appearances, but I don't think Fran had any of such, so hers would be nice, too.

As for the "Another" characters, are those the ones seen in the RB promo images? I don't remember all of them, but I do recall seeing Gil with Rufus Caligula's red spear (don't remember if he also had the buckler and sniper/shotgun). 風斬りの陣 was one of my favourite lazy man's BAs, though Ciel with shotgun may kinda mismatch with her background as she's trained in assassination (that thigh knife!). Though, as Livie also uses multiple types and the protagonist pats Julius' God Arc without any problem, maybe Blood members just don't have the problem GE protagonist had when s/he used Rindou's God Arc...

Oh just trust me when I say they're spoilery. The one I want to mention spoils the ending just by existing.

I like Urara too. I honestly don't really care who the operator is though.

Yeah, sounds like it.

I like kazekiri too, because I don't really use heavy attacks often and most enemies can't fly. I'd use the BAs that activate on the final hit, but I'm usually forced to abort my combos before I get to the last hit so...

Anyway, I think Julius' God Arc was probably dormant/deactivated at that point. Makes no sense otherwise.

Oh just trust me when I say they're spoilery. The one I want to mention spoils the ending just by existing.

I like Urara too. I honestly don't really care who the operator is though.

Yeah, sounds like it.

I like kazekiri too, because I don't really use heavy attacks often and most enemies can't fly. I'd use the BAs that activate on the final hit, but I'm usually forced to abort my combos before I get to the last hit so...

Anyway, I think Julius' God Arc was probably dormant/deactivated at that point. Makes no sense otherwise.
I don't remember such an episode. I know some totally spoil GEB and some others GE2's short after story, but the rest are pretty... mild? Unless it's something added by RB. If so, I could guess who you have in mind.

Hibari's still the best for me (Itou Kanae is imba). It does matter at times, like when you kill an Abaddon (アバドンを撃破!やったっ!あ、すいません、つい… or something) or some mission closing lines (あれ?カルビちゃんまた逃げ出したの?あっ!すみません… or something).

Ah, but the enemies who do fly are pretty annoying to hit with normal attacks. I crafted mid-air jump as soon as I could because I was so annoyed by Sariel. All Vajra variants (especially Dyaus Pain In The Ass) also get on my nerves with their frequency of jumping around and fleeing, though aerial BAs are pretty useless against them. And that's also the reason I don't use finishing BAs like that long blade BA that absorbs health on the last hit.

Maybe, or maybe the protagonist is just that OP. [inline-spoiler]Rindou's God Arc was also supposedly deactivated in GEB. Also, Rufus whacked Kate, her God Arc broke, and she got infected. The protagonist, however, stood her (I'll just assume it's a she because mine is) ground, and at worst only got her God Arc thrown away, just like when she fought Marduk on both occasions[/inline-spoiler] (I forgot this code earlier).

I don't remember such an episode. I know some totally spoil GEB and some others GE2's short after story, but the rest are pretty... mild? Unless it's something added by RB. If so, I could guess who you have in mind.

Hibari's still the best for me (Itou Kanae is imba). It does matter at times, like when you kill an Abaddon (アバドンを撃破!やったっ!あ、すいません、つい… or something) or some mission closing lines (あれ?カルビちゃんまた逃げ出したの?あっ!すみません… or something).

Ah, but the enemies who do fly are pretty annoying to hit with normal attacks. I crafted mid-air jump as soon as I could because I was so annoyed by Sariel. All Vajra variants (especially Dyaus Pain In The Ass) also get on my nerves with their frequency of jumping around and fleeing, though aerial BAs are pretty useless against them. And that's also the reason I don't use finishing BAs like that long blade BA that absorbs health on the last hit.

Maybe, or maybe the protagonist is just that OP. [inline-spoiler]Rindou's God Arc was also supposedly deactivated in GEB. Also, Rufus whacked Kate, her God Arc broke, and she got infected. The protagonist, however, stood her (I'll just assume it's a she because mine is) ground, and at worst only got her God Arc thrown away, just like when she fought Marduk on both occasions[/inline-spoiler] (I forgot this code earlier).

I'm pretty sure that second quote you mentioned was Fran's.

Well, nothing much you can do about Vajra variants. I haven't fought Golden Vajra yet, but I suspect it will be a hundred times more annoying.

I'm pretty sure that second quote you mentioned was Fran's.

Well, nothing much you can do about Vajra variants. I haven't fought Golden Vajra yet, but I suspect it will be a hundred times more annoying.
It is. I was just giving examples of some lines which make operator choice matter (for me).

For Golden Vajra, I'd recommend using your strongest anti-spark equipment (like Resistor Tower; iirc I was using Rufus Caligula's buckler with ~1400 resistance for all elements at rank 11) rather than focusing on physical defence, as it seemed to use Oracle attacks about 3/4 of the time. Its physical attacks are pretty predictable and shouldn't take you off-guard. Just don't get too close to it if you're not going to attack because its size makes it hard to see your screen (also my problem with Marduk/Garm when they start jumping around).

The first time I fought it (in its own survival mission) I had only one friend team up with me. We wasted a lot of revive points fighting two buffed-up Hannibals with the scariest sync I'd ever seen, and on top of feeling desperate already when we reached the final stage, we were taken aback by its sheer size. Imagine something bigger than Venus, jumping around in a more frenzied way than Marduk, shooting balls of lightning at you. On Aegis. Past the menacing first impression, though, I'd say it's below Rufus in difficulty.

Reactions: efudgewayne
It's been over a week since my last post, so I guess it's okay to double-post now?

I got Lv10 Physical Keeper!

...for Charge Spear, which I don't normally use. I was using it to kill the rank 15 Ouroboros quickly as part of my Part-farming strategy, but since you have higher drop rates for the equipment types you're using...

I have played God Eater, God Eater Burst (Like the burst better since it has more flexible functions) and God Eater 2, All in PSP. I am waiting for Rage Burst to come in the west since apparently they are going to make a western release of Rage Burst and Resurrection for PC, PS4 and PSV.

Although I prefer the Japanese version, I would like to have it in PC and would just have to endure the eng dubs (if they are dubbing it in english)

I have played God Eater, God Eater Burst (Like the burst better since it has more flexible functions) and God Eater 2, All in PSP. I am waiting for Rage Burst to come in the west since apparently they are going to make a western release of Rage Burst and Resurrection for PC, PS4 and PSV.

Although I prefer the Japanese version, I would like to have it in PC and would just have to endure the eng dubs (if they are dubbing it in english)

Yeah, they're dubbing it. No Japanese audio.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/2...n-will-only-have-english-voices-for-the-west/

NoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's more convenient during missions though, since the operator and your AI teammates talk on comms. Without the English dub, you'll have to make it show a textbox for everything, which could be a fatal distraction when you have an aragami bearing down on you.

I consider it a necessary evil.

It's more convenient during missions though, since the operator and your AI teammates talk on comms. Without the English dub, you'll have to make it show a textbox for everything, which could be a fatal distraction when you have an aragami bearing down on you.

I consider it a necessary evil.

I could understand japanese and that was the way I've played God Eater in the past

I played both the American and Japanese versions of God Eater Burst, and for what it's worth, I think it's one of the most decently dubbed games I've ever played. The American version had many parts that were severely off sync in the cinematics as they didn't adjust the lip syncing to accommodate for the English lines, but the voices were pretty okay. In fact, I think one of Alisa's KO lines crying "daddy, mommy" was more soulful in the American version.

Of course, I don't even want to begin thinking about Rachel being dubbed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01063178.html

The short draught seems to have passed and there are a couple of games I look forward to coming out soon.

Thanks a ton!
Panda_409 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
sorry,https://www.anime-sharing.com/members/nihonjaki90.129971/ link is dead,can you reupload it?thank u!
a3526370 wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01031777.html
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/230414-色仕掛け工房-淫魔てんぷてーしょん-ver23-08-21-rj01031777.1302627/
please upload version 2.0.0 thanks!
AUO wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi is there Can you reupload this?