Favourite Visual Novel maker~

Sugarbeans: I love EVERY game that they have done.
Cube/Sphere: Natsu no Ame is a great eroge and Kasugano Sora is mai waifu.
Etude: Soshite Ashita no Sekai Yori and Nanatsu no Fushigi no Owaru Toki are wonderful eroges!
Karin Entertainment: Their otome games are full o WIN and awesome stuff.

Man, that's hard to choose.
I definitely have more than 3 favorites, but I'll write these 3 in this message.

1. ゆずソフト (Example: 天神乱漫 LUCKY or UNLUCKY!?)
2. オーガスト/August (Example:穢翼のユースティア)
3. SAGA PLANETS (Example: はつゆきさくら)

Type Moon: Fate Stay Night was awesome.
Overdrive: Kira Kira and Deardrops, great soundtrack.
Active Soft: I liked Bible Black, Discipline and Heartwork.

Nitro+ - I loved their Visual Novels, from Saya no Uta to CHAOS;HEAD. The artwork and stories are really amazing and they really bring a meaning to the genre they are trying to set for any Visual Novel they release.

KEY - My all-time favorite company for Visual Novels. The first Visual Novel that I have played from KEY was Little Busters! and I absolutely loved it. From the artwork to the stories, it really impacted me as a person. Now I have a lot of Little Busters! merchandise. I also loved CLANNAD and KANON, I have never played AIR.

AkabeiSoft2 - Another amazing Visual Novel company. They're Visual Novels are at a reasonable length and to get a really good feeling from the story is quite relieving. Though I haven't found G Senjou no Maou interesting at all, I have loved other Visual Novels by them, such as A Profile, Kourin no Machi, Lavender no Shoujo, etc.

well this is definitely hard to choose,lets go with categories;

For gameplay Eushully

For Story well Nitro i guess.

For Comedy AsaProject And minatosoft really hit the spot for me,also they have great art so its another plus.

I dont really like drama so i cant think other than classics like Key or Akabesoft2 for this.

well i love August,YuzuSoft,BaseSon,Whirlpool,TypeMoon,Vanadis (yes i'm a big lover of monster girls) etc too but if i continue it will become an endless post so i will stop now.

Lass here. Great scenarios, main characters are well written, Sakamoto Shouichirou doing top tier soundtracks, excellent artists drawing CGs.

My favorite VN maker...
- Atelier Kaguya for a start. The first eroge I knew of is theirs, so it left quite an impression... Afterwards I started to look for, and download, other games from them, none of which has failed me so far ^^
- Softhouse-seal. Their art is just out of this world.
- Norn. Pretty much same reason; love the cute fluffy storyline too.
- BaseSon, for Koihime Musou series
- G.J? Yay for harem games! xD
- Lilith. For some reason, their dark games are really intriguing to me...
Well. that's pretty much it ^^
-

I don't play untranslated games, and I've passed on a good number of computer games. Most of the VNs that I've read have been console and iOS games, plus a decent amount of freeware and professional translations. So my list might seem a bit odd...

* Konami. Unfortunately, I've misplaced my DS flash cart, so it might be a while before I can play Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side or LovePlus as they were intended. But both were good experiences. TMGS had enough humor and appealing characters to balance out my complaints about gameplay difficulty. LovePlus had a small cast of characters, and the gameplay experience began to improve after deciding to commit to one love interest. Now I'm interested in seeing the other VNs that Konami has created.

* Pacthesis. This person has managed to take stat-driven romance games made with Flash (aka "sim date" games) and include quality characters, writing, and even some plot.

* Flowerthief. Another awesome freeware creator. Each of his games -- The PK Girl, Idolcraft, and Heartache 101 -- was years in the making, but clearly worth all the time and effort. Good luck finding anything similar in English.

* Hanako Games. An indie game designer who fights fan haters and doesn't afraid of anything. But seriously, this person makes and sells a variety of cute and compelling games. She doesn't seem willing to settle on any gameplay style or format.

...instead of "click click game"

My roots as a fan are in general, complex video games. It took a while before I found a visual novel which was personally interesting, and seemed appropriate to the format (in other words, presented as a VN rather than a comic, a novel, interactive fiction...)

Key- I adore their works, I have an entire shrine in my room of Key figures
Black Cyc- I love the dark eroge, and their games have amazing artwork and OST's, Denkare rocks
Overdrive- Thanks to Manga Gamer, I love Kira Kira
Nitroplus- Demonbane is epic, and their games are really diffrent and look fun, Zizz Studio is amazing
Circus- I love the Da Capo series

for animated one softhouse-seal (grandee) is the best

for nukige hybrid its front-wing

the best friendship group and fun to hang out mintao-soft (yes it's majikoi)
usually i got bored when a group of friends just chatting, but they were different, they're so hilarious XD

Gameplay VNs: Eushully (Ikusa Megami Zero). Complex and solid gameplay systems and epic high fantasy tales that demonstrate the true potential of the JRPG. Their games are consistently excellent, unlike some other gamplay VN developers.
Story VNs: Haven't really settled on a developer here, since I mostly just play what's available in English and therefore haven't played a ton of games from the same developer. Type-Moon comes to mind simply because of Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.
Localized VNs: Nitro+ shows great promise. Demonbane was quite enjoyable.

only 2 mentions of kaguya? community, i am dissapoint. hehe.

there's a lot of other good publishers that come to mind: frill, ricotta, syangrila/akeebesoft, and of course, marine/marigold. still kaguya is number 1 for me.

kaguya's top teams are definitely berkshire yorkshire and team heartbeat, although the other teams (honkey tonk pumpkin etc etc) are good too. and no, i don't know what's up with their funky team names. ^__^

Man...hard one. Ok here I go:

The newest Purple Software games (Mirai Nostalgia & Hapy Maher).
Frontwing & games from Makura/KeroQ (I do not not where to put them..)
Comedy: Asa-Pro, games under the Minato label.
Game-Heavy: Eushully.
All the developers under the Akatsuki Work's umbrella (Akabei123, Hibiki, black, Cosmic Cute) .
Story-driven: Innocent gray, Lass, Key, Saga Planets, minori, Circus, Liar, GIGA and age.
Nukige (You can tell my fetishes by the companies I will list): Softhouse GRANDEE (rabu rabu!), Marmalade (o yeah...) , SQUEEZ (My first seen CG's that drove me into this void), Atelier Kaguya (Especially Pumpkin!), BISHOP (Except the too rapey games they sometimes make so for them is hit or miss) and bootUP! (I consider them nukige).
Character: Yuzu-soft, Pulltop, Ricotta, AXL, Moonstone(Cherry too!), August, Pallete and UnisonShift.

And I will always place Cotton Software and Clochette in my top since my first 100% where from these companies and they formally introduce me into this. And TYPE MOON has god status so it can't be my favorite.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilaolenm
Ahem, well i play a lot VN....too many to pick which companies is really impress me.Here is my 5 best VN maker.

1. Circus- my first VN is Da Capo. Since that i have Suika AS, Da Capo 2 and now waiting for Da Capo3. Always have good plot of love relationship despite lack of sex scene. Good artworks.

2. Altier Kaguya- Best characters design among all VN i have play so far. My fav from AK is Kateikyoushi no Oneesan ~H no Hensachi Agechaimasu and Prima Stella (girls looks are horny ^^)

3. Overdrive- Artwork and stories plot is wonderful. I can't stop laughing when playing Edelweiss.

4. ZYX- I love their harem scene (probably have highest number of sex scene than other VN makers)

5.Soft House Seal- Recently caught my eyes with beautiful artworks

Pacthesis - I love all of her games! (specially the Xolga and Mr. Toko's xD)
Zeiva - They are good at art! Good plots too, but most of her games isn't free.
Sake Visual - I haven't actually played all of her games, but I love the "Re:Alistair++"

As of now, softhouse-seal, due some of their games being translated (yeah I suck at this area).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TasogareHentai wrote on Esan's profile.
Sorry, if ask but can you please look at my requests and tell if you have it?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-211210-rj361498-tentacle-works-テンタクルワークス-賢者ちゃんとhな触手.1392118/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-231104-rj01109498-takotubo-タコツボ-つくよヴィレッジ.1397470/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-misotake-みそテイク-multiple-games.1404036/
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
zhandie wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry, could you re-upload this ?
[201030][Lose] 【DLsite限定特典付き】まいてつ 全部入り [v2.2 JPN/CHN]

The Mexashare links for parts 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12 are dead.
The Rosafile link seems to be online, but for I can't download it.
Additionally, I can't download the file from KatFile or Rapidgator either.
jsh wrote on Shine's profile.
Can u upload 春屋3D’s arlecchino?
micanh wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Since it was you who posted the Rakudai volumes, I chose to ask here. Do you have any plans to upload the novel's 19vol ?