Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Earphones or headphones for Otome CDs? 🎧

I don't have headphones, so I'm using earphones. Besides, I don't think I'd really use headphones anyway, as they seem like they'd be uncomfortable to wear while lying down.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
I really love my wired iPhone earphones. They're honestly the best. I used to use headphones because I played games with them too, but they clamped my ears so tightly and hurt so much. Ever since then, I've only used my iPhone earphones ❤️
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
Earphones! I can lay on my bed and listen, so comfortable 😴 And I can hide under blanket when I get shy! Headphones are too heavy for long drama CD.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
I use earphones too! They're so much more comfortable for listening while lying in bed, and the binaural audio feels super close and intimate
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
I used to listen with headphones but when I bought a hq earphone and lay sideways I never looked back hahaha 😆
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
I tried headphone but it was so uncomfortable! I also don't like the in-ear type earphones. I currently just use cheap regular earphone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
I use earphones because headphones tend to make my outer ears hurt. I find in-ear earphones immersive, but they can get painful too, so maybe the size isn't right for me. I guess it's important to find the right size and material for the ear tips!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz. and laminate
Definitely earphones! I love listening to drama CDs in bed, just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful voices in peace 🥹💕 I often end up falling asleep while listening, so earphones are much more comfortable for me! That way, I can even keep hearing those beautiful voices in my dreams hehe ♡
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
I use earphones
I've tried using headphones and they're a little uncomfortable for listening to drama CDs

I see what you mean! Both earphones and headphones have their own advantages, but lately I've been using earphones more often too. I really love the sound of headphones, though, haha. 🥰🎧💕
 
same as you, using headphones to drift off to sleep while listening is a gargantuan effort xvx i'm not the strongest soldier around, so i'll take the easy way out. tho sometimes, there's moments when earphones too can get annoying if i sleep on my side TvT like they press too hard inside of my ear and it gets painful

i sadly don't have recommendations for you and nothing insightful to offer, so i'll mooch off you some more😈 and ask you, if you don't mind of course; feel free to ignore otherwise: what dramas do you enjoy listening to while you're trying to sleep? 👀 any voice actors in particular you enjoy?

Ahh, I know exactly what you mean! Even with earphones, sometimes the inside of my ear starts hurting when I sleep on my side. When that happens, I just adjust the angle of my head a little, haha. 😂

It depends on my mood, but lately, I tend to choose from Yagami-san, Mondo-san, Hayami-san, Midori-san, Tominaga-san, and Uitoki-san. I have way too many favorite voice actors, so it takes me a while to decide what to listen to. Sometimes I spend so much time choosing that it becomes a little problem in itself, haha! 😂💕
 
I use the only headphones I have xD But I want to change them because le people around me hear what I'm listening to and it's embarrassing ! I like to put the volume up while listening to my R18 and I don't want people to hear so my volume is looooow, I want to buy better ones. If you have recommandations let me know x)

I don't use headphones very often, but I have a Razer gaming headset. Sony headphones seem to be pretty popular in this thread, so I'd probably recommend Sony! I hope you find a pair that lets you enjoy your dramas comfortably and at the volume you like. ♡🎧💕
 
Earphone liker here! Headphones are uncomfortable since I'm a broke glasses wearer, so I've never really used them much. Also, earphones are very convenient to carry around, though I'm not a fan of airpods and other wireless versions because they're too easy to lose...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
Earphones hurt my ears since it feels like shoving a pen in my ears. I also don't sleep while listening to Drama CDs so Headphones are good for me.

Both my headphones (one for PC and one for Phone) are really high quality because of my sound sensitivity since I have ASD so I'm always happy with the audio quality and noise cancelling means I don't get the audio ruined for me by the eviroment I'm in either
The sound quality of good earphones and headphones can be truly amazing, can't it? 🥰🎧

I actually bought a new pair of wireless earbuds just yesterday! They're not for listening to situation voice dramas, but for listening to music when I'm out and about. I was really particular about the sound quality, so I went for a high-end JBL model, and I'm honestly blown away by how good they sound! 🤩💕
 
I watched anime and listened to some cds at my PC with my headphones, but wired earbuds if I want to listen to cds on my bed before I go to sleep there or for my handheld game sessions. Then I tried IEM from AE, but I didn't notice a huge difference in audio quality or not apart from being way more stiff.

Although I have wireless Bluetooth earbuds but I just rely on them for music since I don't want to deal with constantly pairing them often between devices, so I went back to wired ones.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
Earphone because I always laying down when listening lol Even though headphone sound is good but it makes my ear uncomfortable when wear too long
I totally get what you mean! Both have their own advantages, so it's hard to choose just one, but the comfort and convenience of earphones are really hard to beat! 🥰🎧💕
 
I have cheap headphones and they work great for cds and games !! I didn't have Bluetooth headphones before a few months ago and I was worried about the battery life but they last entire weeks !!

With cheaper ones, you don't have to worry about them as much, so that's a nice bonus too! And if the sound quality is good on top of that, that's the best of both worlds! 🥰🎧

Do Bluetooth headphones really last that long on a single charge? I only have wired headphones, but if the battery life is that good, maybe I should get a pair too! 🤩💕
 
Both! Depending on where I am. I mostly use the headphones when I'm laying down or studying, and earphones when I move around.
I'm honestly jealous that you can wear headphones while lying down! 😂 I switch between headphones and earphones too, but they both have their own advantages, so I think using both depending on the situation is the best solution! 🥰🎧💕
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mahiruuuu
I don't have headphones, so I'm using earphones. Besides, I don't think I'd really use headphones anyway, as they seem like they'd be uncomfortable to wear while lying down.

I totally get what you mean! Both have their own advantages, so I can't really say one is better than the other. I just switch between them depending on the situation! 🥰🎧💕
 
I really love my wired iPhone earphones. They're honestly the best. I used to use headphones because I played games with them too, but they clamped my ears so tightly and hurt so much. Ever since then, I've only used my iPhone earphones ❤️

Do you mean the earphones that used to come with iPhones? They don't include them anymore, but those actually sound really good, don't they? I have a pair too, and the built-in remote makes them super convenient! 🥰🎧💕
 
  • Love
Reactions: daisyz
Earphones! I can lay on my bed and listen, so comfortable 😴 And I can hide under blanket when I get shy! Headphones are too heavy for long drama CD.

Ahhh, I totally get what you mean! If you want to hide under the blankets, earphones are definitely the way to go! 😂💕🎧
 
  • Like
Reactions: boji.8129