Question Closing Account

Reindhart178

Oct 27, 2016
I would like to close my account and have followed the guide provided, but I am not seeing the confirmation code appear for me or turning up anywhere in my emails to follow through with the process. Does anyone know something about this and what can be done next?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm very fed up with these type of request. So let me make this clear:

To remove your account, you gonna need a confirmation code. This to prevent account hijacking and deletion. If for some reason you cannot get this email, it means you use a phony email during sign up and such we don't support account creation of this kind.

If you still insist that you don't have a confirmation code. I am sorry, there's no way to delete your account if you don't have what necessary to prove you are the legitimate account holder.

For the record, we keep the logs of who [successfully] removed themselves from the system for debugging and I see it is working just fine every day.

Upvote 0
Yes, I can understand what you say, but the mail I used to apply was already close, I can't get in, In that case is there nothing I can do?

Upvote 0

Addition

Sorry. I have checked the General Rules.

There seems to be no prohibition of Multiple Accounts. (In General Forum Rules)

(But, in special cases, it is prohibited, such as for the purpose of posting many DL links by multiple accounts, etc.)

(In general, multiple accounts are prohibited. But in this forum, no explicit prohibition is stated except for special cases).

----------

Yes, I can understand what you say, but the mail I used to apply was already close, I can't get in, In that case is there nothing I can do?

Hello. It's strange. If you can log in here, you can change your registered e-mail by changing your settings. Just change your old e-mail to the effective e-mail at this point for you.

Settings > (My Settings) > Edit Email & Password > Edit Email Address (Optional)

If you have no effective e-mail address now, just get one. Then you can receive confirmation code.

_ mrd

----------

Well, I think there is the other situation. That is:

You had created the account which is different from the present "mrtrrth". But you forgot the pass of that account and the registered e-mail for that account is now not effective. Then, yes, you cannot receive e-mail of confirmation code, and there are no ways to delete the old account.

But in this case, it means you have created double accounts. The rules forbid the multiple accounts. And if you have double accounts, according to the rules, you should be banned for breaking the rules.

How to treat this problem. I don't know. The admins decide and deal with how to.
(However, if you had created the account in past, and you forgot this, and you created the another account in mistake. That is, you did not create multiple accounts intentionally, the judgement of the admins may be different. But it dependent on admins).

_ mrd

Last edited:
Upvote 0
will, I Just change both account id and mail today, because the mail I used to apply got too much scam mail so I closed few day ago, so if the account was ban, I can't use it right, and in other word it also mean delete?The mail address in my profile work fine now, if possible, you can send the code to that mail address, is not, just ban this account, it is fine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, I mean, have you tried clicking the "Remove My Account" link again after you changed your mail? This is the process of requesting a confirmation code. You don't need a confirmation code to request a confirmation code. That would be weird.

Upvote 0
will I change to the other mail again, I got the mail for confirm, but it is only show Activation ID, is that's the code I am looking for?If not I have no idea too, can the admins just ban me

Upvote 0
Did you get the mail right after you submitted the request? What did the mail say? Did it tell you what you need to do to remove your account?

Upvote 0
will, the title is Action Required to Verify Email Change for Anime-Sharing Community, and that is all, is just till me to click the link so I confirm the change

Upvote 0
I see. What you did was change your email address to a new one.

Your old email address doesn't work anymore, so right now you need 2 steps to remove your account.

1. Change your email address tied to this forum to a new one.

2. Submit a request to remove your account.

Right now you're only at step 1, which is trying to change your email address. Just click the link in the mail to verify your email, and click "Remove My Account" again and wait for another mail.

Upvote 0
I recall you have to wait 90 days to request another confirmation code for security reason.

Did you make a request once before you verified your new email address? If that's the case then I'm afraid you'll have to wait another 90 days.

Upvote 0
No. I believe the system counts 90 days from when you last request with this account, not when your email receives the code. Creating another new mail wouldn't help.

Either way, there's nothing I can do to help. Just wait 90 days and try again. If it still doesn't work, then it's as Checkmate said, there's no way to remove your account.

Upvote 0
Yes, I know what you mean. Still, the forum recognizes you by your username, not by your email. Changing your email wouldn't help.

You can give it a try, and if that doesn't work, I suggest you wait 90 days and try again.

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

404notfound wrote on wjooxx's profile.
hi,wjoox
thank you as always!
present for you!!
[東出イロドリ] みがわりのお勉強 [DL版] ↓
https://yourfilestore.com/download/724632/vjhydp.rar.html
please enjoy!!
Lebedev wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[110624] [OVERDRIVE] 電激ストライカー this version of VN you don't have in stock?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Shine's profile.
I'd like to request a game for you to upload.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Would itbe possible fro you to upload this one?

Not sure if best to post here or in PM
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi Otokonoko, would you reupload the links for this one pls? It's all ded.
母娘☓無人島~陵辱長編RPGパック