Anime, Manga, or Game? Which one you like most and Why? :D

svehla

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
I just want to know what all of you like most between 'these three awesome' things ;)

Yes, I said they are 'awesome', I have into them since I am 9 years old, starting with anime first. I still remember that I like watching cardcaptor sakura and rurouni kenshin when I was in elementary school.

Then, I starting read so many Japanese manga when I was in Junior High School, until now, I still read them most of the times.
Although I like manga and anime equally, I still like game most, especially a visual novel and dating simulation with otome genre. I can say 'I LIKE IT MOST' better than manga and anime, because in visual novel and dating sim game, I can be the center of the story (the hero or heroine protagonist). I feel happy-high feelings as the protagonist, and that feelings is so different from good feelings that I got when I watch anime or read manga. Plus, when I watch anime and read manga, the story doesn't involve me at all, I am just watching things happen without doing nothing, but in visual novel and dating sim game, I am not just watching things happen, I make things happen to me due to my choices, especially in otome game, it is really fun :D

I grew up on anime and manga, but after getting so hooked to games (and again, after I stopped using CTRL and start to read), I pretty much forget about anime and manga...it comes at a cost - I cannot mingle with much effectiveness anymore because "game" people are few and far in between...I feel that I never belong anywhere because of that.

I really can't fully explain why exactly, but I do have fun voicing the protagonists...with unfitting voices...cracking jokes out of the story (what makes it much funnier is that I have access to both the protagonist's mind and the environment, and not just the environment like how anime/manga is). The stories, in routes, are usually fleshed out and is much more enjoyable to read. Yes, I understand your point of the participation...because I do feel that is what makes game the better thing. Anime/manga just do not give the same feel that game give. In my words, I would say that games is more "fulfilling" than anime and manga...

Games also gave me the drive to seek knowledge in things...on the more technical end of stuff, like how looping music works...(yes, I LOVE VN music, both BGM and vocals).

I don't like action genre much anymore after touching VNs...even in VNs themselves. I came to embrace them cliched SoL romances. I can keep chucking them in as they come, but I am gobbling in more than I can chew at this rate. I became more and more peace-loving after chucking in so much of those stuff.

Once you get to embrace game (the problem is that most of them are exclusively in Japanese), you leave anime and manga behind (well, for me anyways)...I wish for the day that genuine "games" can be circulated more openly and widely and not limited to Japan to come...

NONE!
All of them are great! It is impossible for me to decide!
Games are so awesome, because you can be part of the story and all by playing it.
Anime have so awesome scenery and audio if done right.
And Manga can convey so much feelings by just looking at the pictures...
I really love them all and ever will.

NONE!
All of them are great! It is impossible for me to decide!
Games are so awesome, because you can be part of the story and all by playing it.
Anime have so awesome scenery and audio if done right.
And Manga can convey so much feelings by just looking at the pictures...
I really love them all and ever will.

i really do love them all as well. im a true otaku at heart.
My anime are the classics really, like Cowboy Bebop, Samuria Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist, Tenchi Muyo series etc.
Games that amazing story like Mass Effect Trilogy, Halo series, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed (Ezio Story), new GTA V, Walking Dead, and so much more.

Love them all ! but to be honest anime and games are my fav´s.Though i enjoyed many manga "classics" like dragonball,sailor moon,dr.slump,Ah megami sama,Blame and some others i never collected manga´s due to the price and my pocket money.Some friends collected some entire series but i tried to lend some of them to read or later i read some scans on the i-net.Im into games since the early 90´s when i played on my amiga.I grew up with games on nearly every system since then and i count them to my most fav hobby.Anime came shortly after that and from the mid 90´s to the present day im enjoyin them.

Generally I like all but it's actually really comes down to specific things, like which series, genre, story, length, art.....
So sometimes for a specific series one thing is betteert than other one. This just mean that you enyojed it more........

I'm with everyone else. I love all three! But if I really have choose then it's be a tie between video games and anime. But manga is so awesome. I love pretty much all of Adachi's works, Otomen, Nanaka 6/17, and so much more. But anime and video games have voice acting and music (and have been with me longer than manga). Plus my sisters and I like to have what we call "dubbing parties" (I know, we're weird). We'll put on an anime, turn the sound off, chose who's gets to be which character, and then randomly dub it over. It's really fun.

As for video games. I've literly been playing those since I could hold a controller/handheld console. So love for video games is pretty much imprinted in my mind and heart ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

CHAOCHAO8899 wrote on Shine's profile.
can you upload this?
[240426][アトリエさくら]性調教済だった愛する彼女 ~他の男から仕込まれていた淫乱性癖
KASA80951016 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, sorry to bother. Could I please you to reupload the Mexashare of this game.
thebreaker2 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ109073 ver 1.05

Please could you reupload these?
404notfound wrote on Krxze's profile.
hi,Krxze
your request here!
[170308] 青の祓魔師 京都不浄王篇 オリジナルドラマCD1 「悪魔と花見」 (第1巻完全生産限定版特典)
https://download.gg/en/file-18754160_7ed2a4fe5820ec48

[170712] 青の祓魔師 京都不浄王篇 オリジナルドラマCD2 「Memories of…」 (第5巻完全生産限定版特典)
https://download.gg/en/file-18754161_a43f52c7e04abb2c

please download and enjoy!!!
Amgoose wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
This game recently got updated after 2 years

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ351576.html