Looking for some help for creating H-Codes (AGTH/ITH)

Joyjason

Cynical Philosopher
Elite Member
Dec 16, 2010
Okay, so I understand the basic concept of creating the codes. You just need to select the type of injection at a certain address, so roughly, it's
/H(Type)@(Address)

What I don't seem to understand is the breakpoint process or theory.
Recently, I had tried to make the H-Code for this game, but realized that for some reason, the address of the text would switch every time the engine was started.

I would really appreciate it if someone can clarify how the heck one goes about finding the "actual" address you instruct the injection to go to. I've read the instructions and video tutorial multiple times, but the above problem thwarted me and I'm sure it won't be the last time.

Thanks!

Have you seen some codes like /HAC@48FF3:cmvs32.exe from http://agth.wikia.com/wiki/H-codes.
The formula is like: base address + offset = "actual" address. Hcode could be like /HAC@ "actual" address or /HAC@offset:module name

I assume you will ask about what does ":cmvs32.exe" mean? It tells your tool that the base address is from module cmvs32.exe. Well, quite a number of games modules start from 0x400000. In this case, /HAC@48FF3:cmvs32.exe can also change to be /HAC@448FF3.

However, there are lots of games with dynamic addresses. So /HAC@448FF3 will not work. You have to tell tools which module you are using, and tools will find base addresses from module names that you give. That's why sometimes we use /HAC@48FF3:cmvs32.exe instead of /HAC@448FF3. In ollydbg, pressing alt+E will give you the list module addresses and you have to calculate offsets, while in CE debugging window directly points out offsets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。