[UNSOLVED] Bookmark Problems: Possible Corruption

The Hentai Collector

Hungry Eyes~!
Elite Member
Nov 13, 2011
The following links have "corrupted" my Firefox from deleting it off of my bookmarks:

Of all the bookmarks these three won't come off no matter what I try:

1. Following instructions from Mozilla on how to delete bookmarks
  2. Accessing Mozilla folder on bookmarks
  3. Unchecking the Star icon on a webpage
  4. Deleting it manually on the webpage
  5. Deleting them from the Library tab - which actually stays highlighted without any deleting action ever occuring!

Problem has persisted from the past three days! Somebody help solve this GODDAMMIT!!!

111.gif

Last edited:
i dont use firefox... but.. why not trysave what ever bookmarks you have/want to keep now and reinstall it? >_>

I just tried bookmarking and deleting them again. Works fine here. What version of Firefox are you using? I recall people complaining that 3 and 4 had problems with corrupted bookmarks. Try updating to 13 (if you use the standard build) if you haven't already. If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the software.

Or export your bookmarks into HTML (shift+ctrl+B -> import and backup -> export bookmarks to HTML).

20120620140150.png

Edit the HTML file with a text editor like Notepad, find the lines indicating the problematic bookmarks, and find something like this:
Code:
LAST_CHARSET="UTF-8"
Make sure it's UTF-8. Edit it if it isn't and reimport the HTML.

I'm positive the problem is on your end and has nothing to do with the site, especially since you can't delete your bookmark for that other site you linked as well. Thread moved to tech section.

if ignis's method doesnt work, you can always try uninstalling firefox with youruninstaller 2010. This program makes sure every trace of the program is gone, including the registry keys that wont be removed with a normal uninstall. After you have uninstalled, just reinstall the latest version of firefox:) i had the same problem and this solved it for me:) Good luck!

Problem still persist!

Now all of my bookmarks cannot be deleted, and no matter how many times I delete it, restart it, and defrag it the problem won't go away. I reinstalled and restarted Mozilla several times, checked for updates, and even send a problem report to Mozilla itself with no response.

Solution please!

You could just export all the bookmarks to a .html format and then edit the number of bookmarks you want to keep.

It's the long road, but it should work.

If not....then get a new browser.

Last edited:
Yup, send an email to Bill Gates asking him why Mozilla isn't working with Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks