Do you watch the animes of otome games?

murasakitan

歌幡メイジちゃん
Trusted Member
Aug 10, 2013
So these years, the company makes animes based on otome games to promote games and some of them succeeded in increasing the profits. utapri is the best example I guess.
anyway, do you actually watch the animes of otome games? what do you think about it? did you like it? share your thoughts~

for me, I started to watch amnesia and it was interesting enough to make me play the game itself too^^
utapri as well! utapri is the best animation ever made in otome. second is amnesia~!

Reactions: espiekerella
The best is Kamigami no Asobi in terms of animation quality and story. Balanced and uncut, just how we like it~ And did I mention magical transforming bishies?
I'd put Utapuri on second, especially 2000% which was may more fun than the first season~
La Storia dela Arcana Famiglia - though it focused on Liberta's route, it was a good watch~!
:nyanmusu_cheer:
This is the rest of the ranking according to my taste:
Hanayaka Waga Ichizoku Kinetograph -Love it~!
Hakuoki series - To fully enjoy this, I highly recommend you to play the game...all those tears ;A;
La Corda D' Oro Primo Paso and Second Passo -- Angssst...ANGGSSSTTT =w=
Kin`iro no Chord: Blue Sky - Light hearted but a low budgeted animation
Amnesia - The near end was lovely~ + High budget animation. The only thing that killed it it the "Eh?" "Eh?" "Eh" female protagonist.
Starry Sky - great animation, too much cuts. Director can't make a decent uncut story. But Cancer story was the best~
Diabolik Lovers - The only reason I put up with this because someone told me the near half was getting interesting..true, but the slow story pacing killed it. And worse, the last episode didn't last for 25 mins...only 16 minutes...

:nyanmusu_cry:

I haven't watched:
Brothers Conflict - they say it's a waste of time
Hiiro no Kakera - sad to say I slept watching the first episode, I'll try again next time~

Last edited:
Most otome game Anime isnt very good/ interesting themselves so I'm not really hook on anime but there are some I can recommended like Sakimichi mention :56050:

Kamigami no Asobi: Fun to watch and the transformation is always :56053:

Uta Prince: good music and fun to watch (especially 2nd season)

The rest are either sad or weird process so I'm not really getting into very much :56049:

The first Otome Game based Anime I watch was Hakuoki I cried too! T.T Then it was Hiiro no Kakera like Sakimichi said I too slept half way through I liked the game better. Since then I didn't have the courage to watch Otoge based Anime anymore. Like I can see here I missed a lot of them. If I have nothing to do besides Otoge gaming I think I'll watch. Hehe. Thanks for the recomendation list Sakimichi! :P

The first otome game based anime I watch was La Corda D oro! I love the guys who play music instruments. I even start to play violin because the anime. xD I cant wait for Norn 9 anime to release! >_<

I'd have to say that I would avoid watching most anime that were adapted from otome games..... perhaps with the exception of Kamigami no Asobi w

I think I've watched most of them that are out there.
Harutoki, Angelique, Hiro no Kakera, Starry Sky, Uta no Prince sama, Corda, Brother's Conflict, Amnesia, etc
I rarely finish the series because they're not so stellar as anime.
Plus, if it's an anime of a game I really like, I get oversensitive about reviews and comments so I try to avoid them. :P

I actually watch all the animes of the otome games I know of. I do get disappointed with the endings of some of them, as well as the story line as the anime tends to skip out on a lot of the story.

I think it would be obvious that there is no OTP in otome game anime adaptation.
It is meant to advertise the game and be fair to all players who have their own favorite guy route.
It is only meant to tease girls. In fact we should be grateful that it has an anime adaptation, because for people who can't even play the game at least they will be able to grasp whats in the game even if it's just a glimpse.
And I know lots of Otome game translators who were drawn into working with Otome game translation teams because of these anime adaptations.
:gakuran_damnright:

I usually watch them. I think the first one I watched was Utapri, then Amnesia, then Hakuoki (after playing the game), etc.

I watched the first season of Hiiro no Kakera, and although it made me want to play the game, I just can't get the courage to watch the second season >.<

About the storylines, I understand that they want to be fair to everyone, but I still prefer the decision they made with Hakuoki and stick with a route and go with it until the end, with tids and bits of the others.

Reactions: uenchuceli
Well, I don't really bother most of the time but I did watch through Amnesia (but I don't remember much beyond the most lol-worthy parts and the actually cool final episodes) and plowed through Diabolik Lovers for all the wrong reasons (making fun of it)... ^^'

I also made my brother watch 2 episodes of Kamigami no Asobi but we both dropped that since he couldn't take it ("it's so bad." - my brother); as for me, I didn't have much interest in the game so I had no motivation to watch through it.

I'm planning on watching Arcana Famiglia though, is it worth it?

Well, I don't really bother most of the time but I did watch through Amnesia (but I don't remember much beyond the most lol-worthy parts and the actually cool final episodes) and plowed through Diabolik Lovers for all the wrong reasons (making fun of it)... ^^'

I also made my brother watch 2 episodes of Kamigami no Asobi but we both dropped that since he couldn't take it ("it's so bad." - my brother); as for me, I didn't have much interest in the game so I had no motivation to watch through it.

I'm planning on watching Arcana Famiglia though, is it worth it?

Well the Heroine in Arcana is pretty awsome compare to 'normal/rejet' otome. I have try and came to love her

She is a strong will type so Aine gonna come to love her, that my opinion so good luck watching. :nekopara_hi:

Dialovers... well i can say that it's for extreme doM girls, i cant take all of that abusive powers from the Vampire Kyoudai though i still have to admire Yui for staying sane in that family :nekopara_scared:

Well the Heroine in Arcana is pretty awsome compare to 'normal/rejet' otome. I have try and came to love her

She is a strong will type so Aine gonna come to love her, that my opinion so good luck watching. :nekopara_hi:

Dialovers... well i can say that it's for extreme doM girls, i cant take all of that abusive powers from the Vampire Kyoudai though i still have to admire Yui for staying sane in that family :nekopara_scared:

Well then, I guess I'll have to give it a try... if my computer doesn't break down from watching it, which it kinda does; the weather's pretty hot, I guess ^^' (even though it's September lol) Besides, I did like the game and I didn't play through it as much I wanted to (I have too much stuff to do and little attention span to match ^^) so that might add to the experience.

Well yeah, Diabolik Lovers is for those kinds of girls (or girls that like to hear sucking noises I guess, even though they really creep me out) but it somehow got popularity; it wouldn't have an anime for no reason. At least it's a pretty hilarious anime to watch in the mindset of making fun of it since I can't enjoy it for any other reasons that I should be enjoying it for. More than taking abuse though, I didn't really like the brothers and although the game itself didn't have some masterpiece for a story, the anime totally fails in even telling you that story: as far as you're aware, Yui's with the vampires and her blood is sucked, that's all.... even though that's totally not all, such adaption skills! I guess they knew who they were catering to...? Lol I hesitate to call Yui sane since she's really lacking in the intelligence department, but I can't really argue that she was insane either so damn it! >.<

Anyway, thanks? (I think I should've said that in the first paragraph XD)

My top 3 animes of otome games would probably be:
1. Uta no prince-sama (I loved the songs in the anime!)
2. La Corda D'Oro Primo Passo (Oh my gosh, one of my favourite anime of all time!)
3. Hiiro No Kakera (I am so in love with the first opening song in this anime!)

Mmmmm I am actually was quite disappointed in Amnesia but I loved the art and the mystery in it. So it made me wanted to play the game and I totally fell in love with the game.
Arcana Famigilia was good but I guess I didn't like Liberta that much? And it was sorta more focused on his route. My favourite characters in there were Nova and Jolly. They are so handsome!
Kamigami No Asobi was pretty good, I am very looking forward playing the game one day.
Kiniro No Corda Blue Sky was a big disappointment to me because I loved La Corda D'Oro Primo Passo so much. I was looking forward to it so much but when I watched it, it just hit me so hard. I was really upset, but I guess I can't expect all of the animes of otome games to be good, huh?
No offense to Brothers Conflict and Diabolik Lovers, I was just like what on earth are they doing? They totally screwed it up so badly -.-
Starry Sky huh? I heard it wasn't good so I haven't watched it yet.
I think that's about all of them?

[MENTION=84040]Aines445[/MENTION]you're very welcome and glad that i can help :nekopara_innocent:

[MENTION=75767]Zauria[/MENTION]
Uta no prince-sama: you are the same, i love their anime as well (mostly i go for the song - Tokiya and Masato ridiculousness XD)
Kamigami No Asobi: havent try yet because of my lack in Japanese understanding and language but heard a lot of good review, will play in the furture
La Corda D'Oro Primo Passo: I like the anime as well, all of my internal conflict //slap
Arcana Famigilia: Agree and agree, lol i almost have no comment since you're almost the same as me at this point

Diabolik Lovers: Lol selected route only such as Shuu and Subaru since the other is........ //run and hide :nekopara_scared:
Amnesia: It's better in game than in Anime since they cut parts and parts of various route in the game itself which annoy me quite a bit :nekopara_stare:
Brothers Conflict: The novel and games are good but not soo much for the anime, I'm really reluctant to watch since most otome game adaptation isnt very good. I really love the game though :nekopara_hug:

[MENTION=84040]Aines445[/MENTION]you're very welcome and glad that i can help :nekopara_innocent:

[MENTION=75767]Zauria[/MENTION]
Uta no prince-sama: you are the same, i love their anime as well (mostly i go for the song - Tokiya and Masato ridiculousness XD)
Kamigami No Asobi: havent try yet because of my lack in Japanese understanding and language but heard a lot of good review, will play in the furture
La Corda D'Oro Primo Passo: I like the anime as well, all of my internal conflict //slap
Arcana Famigilia: Agree and agree, lol i almost have no comment since you're almost the same as me at this point

Diabolik Lovers: Lol selected route only such as Shuu and Subaru since the other is........ //run and hide :nekopara_scared:
Amnesia: It's better in game than in Anime since they cut parts and parts of various route in the game itself which annoy me quite a bit :nekopara_stare:
Brothers Conflict: The novel and games are good but not soo much for the anime, I'm really reluctant to watch since most otome game adaptation isnt very good. I really love the game though :nekopara_hug:

Oh my gosh! We have such similar taste in characters :D For Diabolik Lovers, I am absolutely in love with Shu and Subaru. So hot~~~:puniko_love:
Yes! I totally agree with you on that for the anime adaption for Amnesia! Shin is my favourite in there. :gokiko_blush:
I should probably try out the game for Brothers Conflict then in the future. :desire:

Not all. Some of my recent watches are Amnesia, Diabolik Lovers, and Brothers Conflict.
I can't say i was satisfied, borderline disappointing. It didn't quite meet my expectations.
I did love the OST of Amnesia though.

I will rather to not watch anime version of otome games. So far I only watch Utapri (1st and 2nd season) and Amnesia.
The anime version will always made me cry :( I know it's impossible to follow all the stories from the game...but... If it's like that, I guess I'll still not watch the anime version.

1st : Utapri
2nd : Diabolik lovers ( too bad it don't have season 2 T_T)
3rd: Starry sky
I also watched BrotherS conflict , but i don't like heroine's personality . I haven't watched Amnesia , but the art looks great

Nope, and I don't plan to in the future. I'd say 90% are bad-to-awful (especially if the games themselves were awful), and the rest of the 10% are just alright. They just exist solely to promote a franchise, with barely any attention paid to making a quality adaptation. You thought the Danganronpa anime was... "lacking"? I hereby welcome you to the Starry Sky anime. Please enjoy your rushed, badly portrayed hot guy, lazily animated stay (Kazuaki's gorgeous artwork truly suffered). The Uta no Prince-sama anime is bad, but the animation quality wasn't (the game is kinda bad IMO, so plot-wise it never had a chance) and the Diabolik Lovers one wasn't good as well.

The problem is the foolhardiness of trying to compress hours worth of narrative and character development (I use these terms very loosely when thinking of some otome games) into just one season of anime. Starry Sky went for about 20 minutes per guy? That was destined for failure. They managed to make Tsukiko just as boring in the anime as she is in the games. Poor Orikasa Fumiko's talents are totally wasted on Ms. [INSERT YOU NAME HERE]. I remember Arcana Famiglia being particularly disappointing, since I remember liking the first episode. Building up towards a tournament, again, if I remember correctly, and then never having said tournament.

Plus they rarely pick any routes or a single guy for the girl to end up with. The meat of otome game plots revolve around getting into a character-specific route. I've seen them try all sorts of things, like mix routes, create original scenarios or just make the protagonist TOO NAISU or DONKAN to choose anybody and end it. All of which aren't any good.

The only exception I care to remember is Kuro to Kin no Akanai Kagi's adaptation, which wasn't interesting, but at least they picked a specific character, i.e., specific story branch. If you've played the game, I'm sure you can easily guess who this would be.

I just feel like otome game anime adaptations are an embarrassment to the genre I love, since opinions on the the quality of otome games are often formulated based on the adapations. When the adaptations actually try to do the games any justice, I'll try watching them again. I'm open-minded, but not open to being disappointed more than a few times.

I watch kamigami no asobi, diabolik lovers and amnesia. I wish they will make more though >.<:megane_present:

I've watched quite a few of them: UtaPri, Amnesia, Kamigami no Asobi, Hakuouki, Brothers Conflict, etc.
Quite a lot of them are that I've came in touch with the anime adaption before I go and find the game to play (the only one exception was Amnesia in my memory because of Kakki) but I haven't watched many the one with slow starts I tend to give after the first 2-3 episodes
I personally like those ones that gives a balance playthrough(?) on all the characters as that makes me become interested in the game
UtaPri was one that I fall in love with after the anime and started playing the games afterward. The story was good and the music are amazing (although the art of the first game and fandisks were a bit disappointing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.