I lost my Best Friend today

TheGiggolo

Elite Member
Jan 15, 2012
I lost my Best Friend today..... My Cat, my Buddy, Diego. He had to be put to sleep today because of Kidney stones and 1 very large one became lodged in his urinal tract.
The only option I had was A very expensive surgery that would have removed all his Genitalia leaving him a hole with a permanent Catheder. He also would need it kept clean everyday. I wanted to have it done, but I could not afford the surgery. They would not even allow me to make payments. ( I like how they say they want to save the animals.....but that is only if you can afford it. ) So I could either take him home and watch him in pain while his bladder burst and him die in extreme pain or have him Euthanized pain free. This honestly was the hardest and most painful decision of my life. I truly loved my Lil Buddy and Wish I could have made him better. I will miss him so MUCH.

REST IN PEACE DIEGO!

I HOPE ALL YOUR PAIN IS GONE,

AND THAT YOU KNOW THAT YOUR

JOEY LOVES YOU AND ALWAYS WILL.

AND KNOW THAT I AM TRULY SORRY I DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET YOU THE HELP YOU NEEDED.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME......

Also sorry to bother you all with this. I just had to get it out. Thanks for understanding.

It's good to let it out sometimes, and I'm sorry about your loss.

I believe you made the right decision considering the circumstances; I'm sure if cats could convey their thoughts your friend would be glad as well.

Thanks Tenshi, I always believed that someone/something should be allowed to Fight to the End but....... I could not stand to see him in Pain. I just don't like feeling I robbed him of his life. I hope he would understand, if he had the ability.

Ouch, Im sorry to hear this Gig
I really hate how they charge so much for surgery
Especially if that surgery can save a life...

I hope you are okay and your cat can find peace

Ouch, Im sorry to hear this Gig
I really hate how they charge so much for surgery
Especially if that surgery can save a life...

I hope you are okay and your cat can find peace

Thanks Kitteh, The surgery was $2000 they wanted Half before and Half after. I would have paid any amount if I could have made payments. I would have even given them my Car Title. I now want to go back to school and become a Pro Bono Vet. Surgeon. Just so people with low income would not have to make such a decision.

I will never be 100% okay. A piece of my heart will always be missing. But I will survive.

I really feel for you. I also lost my cat few years ago so I know a bit how you feel, although I didn't have to put her to sleep.
Getting over the loss of your cat can take a long time, it sure did for me.

Rest in Peace Diego.

Thank you Orisa, I have heard people say it that animals are just animals. But to a lot of people they are family. Love for another is not just for humans. Also I can't get over the Stigma that even the ladies at the Vet office had. Like it is Shocking to see a 6'4" 250lbs. Man grieve. Is it really that uncommon?

People who spend long enough time with anything or anyone will eventually get attached to them. It doesn't matter what it is, if you lose something you love there's only place for sentimentality. Animals may be just animals to some, but to those of us who spent time with them they are no less valuable than a human friend. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I know how losing a pet feels man...I really do.

It's hard to let your best bud go, especially when the door to help him is right there...I feel sorry for ya'.

Thanks Will. I just am stewing over the fact that there is a Monetary Value placed on life. :(

Thanks Sammy, I hope so.

Whoa, im sorry for your friend. In this kind of situation it's not your fault =/ Shouldn't put yourself down like that. Atleast yes he's not in pain no more. Just remember him and move forward =] Sounds silly but your happiness counts and shouldn't be wasted being sad. So cheer up ^_^)v

Thanks Viet, I will but it will take time. He was like my shadow, he followed me everywhere and slept with me every night. He would lay on my pillow and try to groom my hair when I slept. He was the Best Kitty EVER!

It can be hard saying goodbye to a friend, especially are animal ones who only want are love and attention. Truly the simplest of relationships without drama.

No cat will ever replace Diego, he will always live with you.

I think you did the best thing though, I know it can be hard to see this but having worked in healthcare I know too that sometimes animals aren't always designed for all the advances in human medicine. Diego would have hated the Catheder and he would never be the same mentally. I honestly believe you took the best option for both of you but I know it won't feel that way.

Let sometime pass and if you can be open get another kitty sooner then later. I know you might feel that you need to wait but their are so many cats without homes and you won't be replacing diego but giving a kitty a good home.

Its good for now to let yourself mourn and remember Diego with happy memories.

Sorry to hear about your loss, mate.
I have several losses(pets) myself.
It ain't never be easy, especially with the one that really close to you.

I had one that die in my hand, literally. Tried to revived him through mouth-to-mouth breathing and CPR, but failed.
Then I just cried, right there, while still holding him.
Imagine that, a 24yo man(at that time), sitting on the ground, crying in the open, over a cat. But to me, he was a friend, a family.

My advice, you can cry for Diego's death, but in the end, what important is to cherish the memories created by both of you.

I'm sure you will see him again in heaven, and he is probably a very happy cat right now, it is said when you go to heaven, all your problems dissipate. You made a hard decision and did what you had to do, and i'm sure he is happy to have had the opportunity to die peacefully and pass with no pain.

Best of wishes. I think you made the right decision. Being able to choose when and where you die is important. I used to volunteer at a hospice. It shocked me at times that I was more sad about their impending death than them. I'll never forget their outlook on life. At the very least, they will all live on inside of me as precious memories, experiences, and feelings. Never forget the times you spent together, and with time, move on. That's how you can honor them, and have them live on inside of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR