• Germany

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Pika

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Kou

いつか、届く、 あの空に
Oct 31, 2010
Shounen(boy's) light novel series IS (Infinite Stratos) by Yumizuru Izuru (author) and Okiura (illustrator). Romantic comedy adventure with mecha and some fanservice
Infinite Stratos (IS), a weaponized exoskeleton system, has become the dominant tool of warfare and conflict. Only women are able to operate Infinite Stratos...with very few exceptions. One of those exceptions is Ichika, an orphan raised by his older sister who is herself a famous IS pilot. When his compatibility with IS is discovered at the age of 15, he's given a scholarship and enrolled in a school that specializes in training IS pilots. And his life among women warriors begins.

Seiyuus: Uchiyama Kouki, Hikasa Youko, Hanazawa Kana, Inoue Marina, Yukana, Tamura Yukari, Toyoguchi Megumi, Shimoda Asami.
Director: Kikuchi Yasuhito (Macross F).
Writer: Shimo Fumihiko (Kanon, Clannad).
Animation: 8-bit. Music: Nanase Hikaru (Galaxy Angel, Requiem for the Phantom). OP Kuribayashi Minami, ED seiyuus.

I know you guys are waiting for it :P. Terumi, I summon you!

haha.
well, its the show of the winter 2011. what else do i need to add?

like most of them all have *ahem* and suits your fetish?:P

Hmm, sounds like it follows the archetype laid down by NGE way back then. Let's see how good it really turns out to be. :P

*finally it's released!*
More like Sky Girls with a guy. still downloading it ATM. I'll be back to tell you what i think.

@ Coro - It is studio 8-bit first TV series. They did the frontier movie so i am expecting some eyecandy actions :P

i will wait for decent subs first.

:)Well, reviewing the anime everyone is waiting for. My thoughts as follows:

Studio/seiyuu evaluation:
8-bit proves that they are a top animation company, hoping to see the epic IS sky battles soon in the anime.
Seiyuu cast, probably the strongest in this winter 2011, its not hard to see why the characters are so well-loved and received in 1 episode only. Yukana in second high school since Amagami's Nanasaki(my favorite Amagami girl). and the return of Megumi Toyoguchi as Chifuyu really spices things as I enjoyed her abuse on her easy-going little brother. It already easy to love Houki with her tsundere(dere) attitude, needlessly to say Hikasa Youko will go a long way improving her role. Awaiting Marina Inoue and Kana Hanazawa, as their roles only appeared for a brief introduction at the start of the show.

Story(episode 1):
Although i re-watched the trailer many times, i still cant help but laugh when the scene shifted to Ichika being stared at in class. His classmates are all female! Now who's in a harem? He was treated as if he was an alien species, being the only male IS pilot in world. His introduction definitely did not save his blushes, only served to getting abused by his elder sister, Chifuyu, first IS world champion and his homeroom teacher.
Later the day, he discovers his roommate to be his osananajimi, the loveable tsundere(dere) Shinonono Houki. Only, how he found was, when she stepped out of the bathroom with only a tower on! PHEW!~ Thats what you get for being the only guy in the whole faculty you know? Yet, I loved Ichika's every single reation throughout the entire (mis)understanding. He is way better than other p*ssy male characters from other shows with harem. He is not a least bit excited or panicky(common actions), and he could still crack a joke when he wanted to swing the shinai and found a bra tangling. LOVED Houki's reaction.
The following day, class rep battle breaks out between Ichika and Cecilia. And we are so in for an IS battle next week.

Final reviews: This series draws a very familiar feel to Sunrise series. So, the sky battles are something to expect. Fireworks will fly between the heroines too, when Ichika's harem cast are gathered.
Definite 10/10 for me. GO watch now for those reading this and haven't watched the first episode.
:)

Still waiting for other decent subs or v2 version of Ayako. Ayako subs got a lot of errors~

i am waiting too. hopefully some group puts up in at least 720p HD mkv~

*wants yet-to-be-in-production blu-rays*

Still waiting for other decent subs or v2 version of Ayako. Ayako subs got a lot of errors~
Same here. Groups that are planned to do it are Ayako, Whine-Subs, HiNA-Subs, Shini-subs, Hatsuyuki, HQ-Team and Static-Subs - meaning three quality groups and three others. I still have to find out if HQ-Team subs English or Russian, though. :P

Ichibanushirono Strikewitches~

A reasonably enjoyable episode, more or less in line of what i expected. Personally i am glad this had little in terms of action (intro sequence of "things to come" aside, which looked pretty good, as the promos had indicated) and we had more time to settle down and catch up with the characters introduced - which there weren't too many off, which is another good point in my books - i like it when a show takes its time introducing the cast, rather than dumping them all at once.

Ichika actually seems like a pretty decent guy as well - understandably off-balance considering the situation, but actually speaks up against Cecilia in the end and doesn't back down. Considering the traditional lack of spine of harem male leads, this is a welcome aspect of his personality - willing to play nice to a point, but actually has some lines drawn for where said niceness ends. I do hope they elaborate though what about IS makes them only operatable by females and why Ichika is an exception to the rule, rather than it remaining a piece of background information. Time will show i guess.

A fairly enjoyable start to what has the potential of being an entertaining and light-hearted action show with good animation (especially during mecha action) and a decent male lead. I am on board to see how this turns out.

Well, i could have done this earlier. Better than none i guess.

The highlight for this episode was definitely the IS-Class Rep battle between our lovely British elite Cecilia and Ichika. Animation by 8-bit was awesome as expected as the action kept me on the edge of my seat when i watched the show live. A great close range pilot going up against a long range shot expert was nice to see. Worthy note, that Ichika's suit is the only 4-generation suit, and his weapon belonged to his sister Chifuyu back then. Gotta love Cecilia's big talk and ego during the match.The match resulted in Ichika's loss due to the general of the IS battles which he was clearly unaware about.

Other than the battle. the episode also revolved around Houki and her tsun(deredere) antics around Ichika. Ichika was no slouch either, although he is still too dense to realise his osananajimi's feelings for him. I loved how Houki rejected him for lunch, and he just grabbed her hand and asked her to keep quiet and follow him. Now, thats a stand out male lead for you. Houki was also frustrated at apparently how weak Ichika has become in kendo, after his clubless(or what he called the Go-Home Club) middle school life. Kinda reminded me when i skipped my club activities in school back then. Houki is unbelievably cute, and her night gown appearance was stunning. How she always tries to hide her embarrassment and getting potentially flustered by Ichika's actions will be something to look forward to.

With that, as Cecilia has too fallen for Ichika, we will move into the new week anticipating Ichika's second osananajimi from China. Keep tuned to find out!

The fighting has begone - both with IS and his tsundere harem. :P

What do you do when one osananajimi isnt enough in the show? You put 2 of them then. Episode 3 served mainly for the introduction of IChika's SECOND osananajimi in the cute girl from China, Rin. Well well, i do admit that this show has broad taste. Japanese, British, Chinese, and soon to come French and German.

Back in practice, they debuted how the IS are 'stored'. You summon them from your accessories, like Cecilia's earrings and Ichika's bracelet. Ichika of course, stole the show with his head-first nosedive into the ground when he tried to land. It was all so cute when Cecilia ran down and was so worried for Ichika-san. Wow, all the girls wear 'school-mizu' for their practices? SAIKOU! It was cuteness-overload when Cecilia clashed with Houki like 2 girls hopelessly in love like they are.

With that, its party time! With Cecilia giving her place of Class Rep to Ichika, the class celebrated. Cecilia had definitely fell head over heels for our Ichika. In Ichika and Houki's room, too bad they did not give us the fan-service back in episode 1, as we saw an embarrassed Ichika who was dying to peek at Houki changing clothes.

Back in class, rumours of the 1-2 new class representative is a personal suit owner from CHina spreaded quickly, as Rin wasted no time to make her debut. Sporting a off-shoulder uniform and kawaii twin-tails, the short little foreigner(voiced by Shimoda Asami) immediately makes an impression. The 4(Ichika, Cecilia, Houki and Rin) went for lunch, as the other girls attempted to figure out Rin's relationship with Ichika, which he later revealed. Houki is the first osananajimi, while Rin is the second. The word 'first' made Houki smiled, too cute. At this point, it was already all too obvious that Rin is mad for Ichika too, but too bad for her, our protaganist is one hella of a kunckle-head to realise anything.

Rin also completely misunderstood when Ichika said about Houki using the shower first. Her wrong ideas resulted in her trying to change rooms with Houki. I absolutely loved how Houki stood firm and did not budge when asked to change room. It was also fun watching her keeping her jealously in check and working with Cecilia to train Ichika for the upcoming Class Rep battles. She doesnt have her personal suit yet, as she rented one. Will be awaiting to see Akai Tsubaki again.

With that said, the first round matches were drawn. And of course, Ichika is up against Rin in the very first round. Rin's ShenLong looked rather badass, with various forms of equipment at her disposal.

Looking forward to next week again, this series never disappoints. 10/10

Good episode.

Episode 2 turned out very enjoyable indeed. More exposition to the setting is always nice, and while we are still some ways off from getting the full view, the details explained were pretty interesting. Having a limited number of IS cores certainly explains why they would be viewed as highly valuable, and it makes sense that Ichika would get a personal one, as opposed to the training ones mentioned (which, i assume, lack many of the quirks and capabilities of the originals) - seeing he is the only male capable of piloting one, it makes sense the government would want data from an original. What do you know, the male lead's special treatment makes sense

On that note, i wonder if IS being pilot-able only by women is a design quirk from Houki's sister - going by the mecha bunny ears she had for herself, we can safely assume her to be an ... eccentric person, to say the least. As such, i certainly wouldn't be surprised if this is but a quirk she implemented. I wonder if Ichika being able to pilot one isn't a result of him being Houki's friend from way back - maybe Houki's sister programmed the cores to acknowledge him simply for being Houki's friend. Or not. *shrug*

At any rate, the battle was done pretty well, though i must say i am surprised Ichika's IS only had one weapon - something to do with format fitting not being complete prior to the very end, so not having access to the more fancier stuff, aside from the beat stick, perhaps ? At any rate, Ichika certainly performed better than expected. While there was little doubt he would make a good showing (male lead and all), he sure didn't seem to have too hard of a time dodging Cecilia's beams past the first few ones. For all intents and purposes he won the match as well - if the mock rules of zero shield = auto lose hadn't kicked in, he would have won. He was about half a second or so away from dispatching Cecilia (and as we all know from the usual tropes, melee strikes are infinitely superior to ranged weaponry ). At any rate, with his IS fully attuned now, i can't imagine a rematch going well for Cecilia at all, unless she has many more tricks up her sleeves.

Next episode, a twintail girls appear!!

There's almost a kiss, auu~ ♥. Anyway, this is the first time I have to give such a mecha anime an exception: Cute girls, school romance win everything~ Can't wait to see EP05

With that said I've never had any love for any mecha anime, but this is a very special exception: I wait for the next episode day-by-day

No Ryumble subs, no IS~ Not so excited anyway, watching Otome Youkai Zakuro :P.

I think I'm Starting to like- Osananajimi 2 - Rin and next episode would be a trap like this
1zohjbb.jpg

so brace yourselves.

Last edited:
it's going to be a reversed trap though, I know!

TRUE SPOILERS LIE AHEAD!!!! DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL YOU ARE PREPARED! WATCHED EPISODE 5 LIVE.

Episode started with Ichika visiting his old friends. The red-haired girl in the previous preview, Ran has a crush on Ichika too.

Charles is formally introduced. With Kana Hanazawa casted for her role, i had completely no idea how she can sound 'unlike' a girl like her previous roles. But, she stunned me, and most likely everyone if you watched. Despite the introduction of the second male to pilot an IS, everyone is led along into believing it without any suspicions. Bi-kei futari. Haha

Back in practical class, a short misunderstanding where Ichika groped Yamada-sensei, Cecilia showed her 'dark mode'. Pretty scary if you asked me, especially when she holding guns. Rin and Cecilia got royally owned by Yamada, whom Chifuyu revealed to be an ex-national representative. Piloting Charles' family produced 2nd-gen IS, she totally ruled Rin and Cecilia in the air time. After that, the personal suits bearers give the classes a lesson on IS. Houki was incredibly CUTE throughout the entire episode. Her issued statement of asking Ichika 'tsukiyate morau' was so cute. If a girl like her asked me like that, i would melted on the spot. >.< Ichika gave a 'legendary ohime-sama dakou' to help her into the IS suit. She later asks him out for lunch, which Ichika densely answers.

So much for the lunch date, it ended as a group lunch, with Cecila, Rin, and Charles entered into the fray. Ichika and Houki was definitely a lot closer than we think, as he would feed her with food without second thoughts after praising her handmade bento. Well, we've got our food killer in Cecilia, whose egg sandwich was met with a horror expression on Ichika's face.

THE TRUE TURNING POINT OF THE STORY:
Everyone's(including me =p) long awaited last piece of Ichika's harem is introduced! Germany representative Laura was introduced in the end of the episode. So, what do you do when one transfer student aint enough?? Same case with the osananjimis, you put 2 transfer students! Voiced by one of my favorite seiyuu Marina Inoue no less, Laura wastes no time in making an immediate impression, by slapping Ichika across the face in front of the entire class. She declares she will never accept him as Chifuyu's little brother.

Well, gotta love the show eh? 10/10 for the 5th consecutive week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。