Anime Genre?

emo_ome

Dec 20, 2011
Do anime have genre like songs or movies? Well my thinking process of anime is like this:

Manga is the comics in Japan.
Anime is still Anime. Cartoons made by the Japanese people and alike.
Hentai is something sexual. Well I think everyone knows hentai even w/o the anime I think. ;)
Ecchi is Sexy, right?

So that's it, I think that's all I know about anime and all. Hmm, right now I'm kinda thinking that Anime & Hentai are totally different. But I guess I'll know more if any of you guys enlighten me up. :)

To simply answer your question: yes, there are.

If you want a general list:
  • Action / Adventure
  • Comedy
  • Drama
  • Ecchi
  • Harem
  • Mecha
  • Romance
  • School Life
  • Slapstick
  • Slice of Life
  • And much more

i don't care about anime genres, the anime it self is all i need. well if you must know... Echhi, mecha, school life and
Comedy
and hentai? i hate really F'ed up hentai e.g killing and stuff... cause when i watch anime i put myself in the character's shoes...
i know I'm weird putting my self in their shoes.... T.T

Hey everybody. I'm new haha and I'll be fleshing out my profile soon with all my favorite anime themes and quotes. Just thought I'd drop in on a random thread to kick up some dirt in a good way, and see what the residents of this fine forum are all about. I've got a cool taste in anime. and hopefully I can share my life with you soon :DD

Well there are genres for boys and girls according to age groups etc. lots and lots of them

eg. Shounen, Seinen, Josei, Shougo, Adult , Mature etc.

well theres genres because animes tell a story much like books, movies, tv shows and everything else so of course they have a genre

i don't care about anime genres, the anime it self is all i need. well if you must know... Echhi, mecha, school life and
Comedy
and hentai? i hate really F'ed up hentai e.g killing and stuff... cause when i watch anime i put myself in the character's shoes...
i know I'm weird putting my self in their shoes.... T.T

Hmm... I do the same. I also like to put myself in the character's shoes and soon, I can understand the story and their personalities better. So, it's not weird at all.

Anime genre is like almost any other genre you'd expect from movies or novels. Like they already mentioned, there's comedy, horror, slice-of-life, and much more.

Hentai is kind of like anime. It's basically just sex added. If you take it out, it becomes ecchi or just a straight out anime.

It's alright if you put yourself in the character's shoes when you're watching

For me it kicks in later I tend to *see* it while I'm doing something else with the result that I space out

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。