What brought you to like anime?

American Cartoon Vs. Japanese Anime...
Anime of course ^_^
The Art and The detail. The violence and the romance all into one series verses the polite American cartoons to teach kids .___. haha.
It's really something for the young and the adult to be entertain with and added with no boundaries of the surrounding environments they create vs realistic films =]

Plus, Anime is pretty damn cool.

The first anime I saw was clannad,
After that I got hooked on anime,
i am watching anime everyday now.

My friend got me into anime! First proper subbed anime (I don't count dubbed anime as proper anime xD so I rule out Pokemon and Cardcaptor Sakura at this point) was ://Hack Sign!

~ * Raellu * ~

Dragon Ball Z
One of the most awesome anime of all time
I didn't see Dragon Ball, Read the manga though and I really hated GT
I still remember waiting every week for the episodes to come out
when I was eight years old I think

Doesn't really help that I live in a country
where there are no Anime or Manga
and a slow Internet connection

I have to wait for weeks if I want to watch a proper 26 episode series

Last edited:
It was a boring night in the middle of summer break when I was in 7th grade. Couldn't sleep so went onto a random channel on TV and Code Geass aired, started watching it and it was awesome enough to make me continue watching it on the Net. Started searching for anime sources on the Net and watched more and more series. Pretty awesome feeling if I do say so myself :3

i was 5 when i 1st started. back then i just watched anything that was on CN and a couple anime i came across back then was DBZ and sailor moon. i thought it was rly enjoyable and continued watching anime on toonami.
the one anime that stood out to me the most when i was growing up was rurouni kenshin. i considered it a masterpiece when i 1st watched it and still consider it a fave even on todays standards. that was probably the one show that peeked my love for anime and has me watching it to this very day. i think if that hadnt aired i might have had either a lesser taste b4 watching online or it mightve died out completely b4 i started getting into the better stuff, who knows

My girlfriend brought me a box set of Azumanga Daioh; at first i was like WTF is this, i dont wanna watch this!? Sure
enough, i wanted more.

It was all the mimis for me.

That's what got me to like anime. Everyone around me would be like, what is that? Ears and purple hair? I didn't care, it was just the mimis that got me to like anime.

I think I like anime simply because of the amazing stories they have. In the U.S. we get bullshit like iCarly or The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Cartoons are crap such as... whatever it is they air these days. But with anime you get amazing plots with actual coherence with the episodes that all revolve around a larger plot, whereas American cartoons are usually just unordered episodes with no overall plot.

The first anime I ever saw was Dragon Ball Z when I was 5 on Toonami. Since then I've seen not many animes, but a few such as Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Clannad, Big O, Angel Beats!, Yu-Gi-Oh!, We Still Don't Remember the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day., and the one thing I notice is that they all have amazing plots to them that you don't get with American cartoons.

I want to be a novel writer or screenplay writer one day, and as such I always like to see new ideas rather than the same shit they churn out here in the U.S. The only thing that gets me is that sometimes I see something that's taken one of my ideas, such as Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below =P

tl;dr Anime is better due to the original plots.

Last edited:
The first anime show I ever watched was InuYasha and I fell in LOVE with Sesshomaru I watched until the season ended and just a side note I hated the way it ended -_- but then I got into watching Death Note and you know that was aweosme and my
"obsession" and grown thus far and will continue to grow. (:

I won't count what I watched as a kid which drew me to anime, instead I will go with 2007. At around 17 I was just fed up with the same old shit on the tv. Besides shows I liked (Top Gear, Futurama, American Dad, Family Guy etc) it was all the same rubbish. Soaps, staged reality. Just boring boring tv which was filled with idiots and boring storylines which just get constantly recycled.
So looking for something new I just watched Kiddy Grade and then I started to watch more and more anime and before I knew it I was obsessed with anime and the way it brought me into Japanese culture. A culture which I believe was much better then the Western world.

So looking for something new I just watched Kiddy Grade and then I started to watch more and more anime and before I knew it I was obsessed with anime and the way it brought me into Japanese culture. A culture which I believe was much better then the Western world.

Every time I see an anime, I'm like "Japan is awesome! I wanna live there!" Then I start thinking and feel like the TV shows they have don't accurately depict Japanese life. Hell, even Clannad probably wouldn't be an accurate depiction. I have a feeling it's similarish to the Western world, unfortunately =(

Every time I see an anime, I'm like "Japan is awesome! I wanna live there!" Then I start thinking and feel like the TV shows they have don't accurately depict Japanese life. Hell, even Clannad probably wouldn't be an accurate depiction. I have a feeling it's similarish to the Western world, unfortunately =(
I would agree, but the women over in Japan are raised to be obedient towards their husbands (even if they do fight a lot/sometimes), still. A lot better than the shit we get here in the US. (oh god will I regret posting this one day, I just know my future wife will see this somehow)

Haruhi Suzumiya. It got me into anime, and also gave me a God Complex. So, that's that. Then the big one is Aya Hirano (voice actress/singer). She got me really into it. I can't explain much more, I was 12. lol

What brought me? Specifically, Gate Keepers did that. I really like the story and thought that "Hey. Maybe there are a lot more stories even more interesting than this one(Not that Gate Keepers is not interesting. It was my first loved anime after all.)". Afterwards, I've taken an interest on searching more through TV, then the Internet. And here I am, I still love anime. I'll never hate anime. Even now as I am working on my full-time job, I still manage on watching on sundays. So that's how I was brought to love anime. How 'bout you? :)

The broader range of stories and emotions felt when watching.
The different art styles and humour.

I watched Dragonball way back in the day on tv with my dad. He always enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching it with him and kinda got sucked into anime more and more from there.

I started loving anime with 'pokémon' when I was 6 years old. *laughs
Digimon, DB/Z, cowboy bebop, NGE +++ followed xD° *LOL

can't count how many I know anymore x--X ♥

One of the first anime I ever noticeably watched was Hellsing and Escaflowne (Heidi doesn't count, nor does Bee Maya).
Brought me to DB/Z, Digimon, Pokemon after which I sorta lost track because there was only Conan airing.
Some day back in 2008 I was browsing random torrents and ended up accidentially downloading Ikkitousen S03.
That's when it began; I went to look for 'more from those suspicious initials' (read subgroup tag) and ended up at animetake.
The rest is history.

The first anime I watched is the Sailor Moon , but is the natsume yuujinchou and Fairy tail brought me to like anime .

My cousin recommended anime for me. So I followed his advice and watched some and got hooked. I'm not sure about my first anime but I'm sure, that Death Note had a great impact on me and after that I started to watch a lot more anime than before.

Gundam & Knights Of The Zodiac. I use to watch them with my cousin when i was a kid.

Watched it when i was a kid, dragon ball in cantonese and all others

then came a time where i couldnt see any cos my parental providers couldnt send me anymore cos of their time constraints and the fact that i lived far away.

I got back into it after visiting HK a few times and getting back to a interwebbed pc (god that was the time) being young i failed to understand bittorrents and failed to use them.

After a year or so, using un-named p2p software (which was old at the time) i got my hands on gundam seed, naruto and bleach.

I felt happy and then moved to better sources and now i'm here.

@_@

the jist of my cause

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Panda_409 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
sorry,https://www.anime-sharing.com/members/nihonjaki90.129971/ link is dead,can you reupload it?thank u!
a3526370 wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01031777.html
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/230414-色仕掛け工房-淫魔てんぷてーしょん-ver23-08-21-rj01031777.1302627/
please upload version 2.0.0 thanks!
AUO wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi is there Can you reupload this?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01042053.html

Could you please upload this game?I have spent months searching for it, but no luck at all.