What brought you to like anime?

I always loved animation, a lot of expression can be told through it, and like comic/manga there are piratically no limits compared to the live action films (that was until advanced CG came out ^_^; ) . There were a few good shows i can remember that aired around the time Ninja turtles were popular, but then the local stations started making animation "politically correct". There are still quite a few good ones but most of the western animation now is geared toward (politically correct) children.

My first anime IIRC was the first Ghost in the Shell movie, after that I started hunting for more anime I would buy those DVDs with 2 or 3 episodes on them, sadly I would just end up finding only one or two of that volume(s) and the cost of these 3 episode discs were going beyond my budget and it was kind of disappointing just being left hanging in the middle of a series, so I ended up just dropping my anime (one of the many things ive had to give up on due to financial constraints) T_T

But a few years later a chum introduced me to the wonderful world of online streaming, and found out I was not alone 0_0 (j/k), but ya, I could finely get back into the grove again ^_^

Last edited:
I don't know. I used to be addicted to Sailor Moon when I was 5 though.

However that was anime, so I can't tell you what caused my addiction as I don't remember any earlier than that.

for me i think its sailor moon or pokemon drew me in sense
then i started to love it more and more..other than i think
its the eyes that make it anime it make chars show expressions
that have more of a emotional feel to it

Last edited:
It was the art for me, I would watch it on tv as a child before I even knew it was anime (I just knew it was different). I collected stuff like Pokemon and yu-gi-oh cards just so i could look at them rather than play any games :P
The lines and use of colours just hit my eye so well they make everything that isn't anime look terrible ;). Also as scarlet lotus said, expressions are shown much better in anime making it feel more emotional.

It's just too bad I suck at drawing no matter what the style :(

I' had seen many animes in my tv back then, such as Minky Momo, Captain Tsubasa, etc.

But one title that rang a "wake up" call was AIR. Never try to see AIR as your first experience. It will left a big scar in your heart :(

But don't misunderstand. I mean in it a good way (if you don't like the term "sad").

Umm... I'm not really sure... umm maybe it's because they are umm, interesting...? Umm.... they kind of tell me things that I don't know about either... umm... and things I wouldn't be able to do...

I really don't know how I got started liking anime. I used to watch Pokémon and DBZ and the like as a kid, but so did everyone in the 90's. It was Lucky Star I think that got me back into it, after a long period of really hating on anime (or rather, trying to make myself believe I hated it, because I thought it was the "cool" thing to do). It was a guilty pleasure then, until I decided to cut the nonsense and admit to myself that I loved anime.

But I'm not sure why I like it. I think it's just a medium that really appeals to me in many ways. It keeps me entertained and interested where other shows do not. And, it makes me think of other goals I have for myself, and helps keep them dear to me (long story I won't bother with).

hmmmm....i'm not sure..but maybe it's because since when i was small, i already like watch anime and tokusatsu like Kamen Rider series, Ultraman series and maybe because of i this..longing to be a hero..a defender of justice.it's feels like i am the MC, and i think i will like anime and games forever.:)

hmmmm i would say the attractiveness in the plot....something like making fired up just by atmosphere without even fighting ....well when i remember the expressions of Layfon or Shu , i want to watch the series again...:P:P

it started when my cousin introduced me to naruto after that i started bleach and so on and on

For me it was when I was younger, I started watching anime and did not even know it. I was too young to realize it was anime. I was around 9 or so and I just watched it and it entertained me. I watched toonami and bought videos well my mother did. I then moved and starting going to a different school so after that I did not watch alot of tv. About a year later I started watching adult swim and a couple other shows. After a while I stopped watching them all together. I would watch a occasional movie or maybe glance at the tv while toonami or adult swim was on however I did not really follow any of the shows anymore. So about 3 years ago I decided to study japanese. My tutor become a good friend and while we were talking one time she suggested that I watch some subbed anime. I did not even know they had subbed anime at the time. I did a search and found some shows but case closed subbed peeked my eye and so I started watching other animes. After a while before I knew it I was addicted and preferred watching a anime over tv. So that is how it happened to me.

Can't really say because I watched anime when I was a kid that made me hooked up. I stopped watching anime for a few years until just recently I get back to anime.

for it started with pokemon and Dragonball those animes were just fucking awesome... after i grew a bit older i nearly forgot about animes but when i turned 16 i read Hellsing and Death Notes and now im here reading in manga forums reading 20 mangas at one time xD

by the way Hellsing and Death Note still are the most fucking awesome mangas of all time .... well for me ofcourse xD

I became very love to watch the cute girl is laughing happily in the anime.
I have seen the anime in order to get that joy.
What was particularly affected, I do not remember.

I moderately liked anime for a long time
without watching so much.

What made me LIKE anime ( love love LOVE anime )
was Rosario Vampire.
:lovestruck:
Important step for me was watching it in japanese,
plus : the music, voice talent and humour fascinated
me into a state of awe. It was as if I discovered
a bran new world.

A habit from wathing sunday morning cartoon on my local TV (at the time I don't even know the term anime, I call the Japanese cartoon) mostly.

After I grew up, I notice that I like the aesthetic of anime and manga much better than western media. I still love western movies and TV series too but not as much as watch anime or read a manga.

I was sitting in class one day and one of my buddies showed me some clips of elfien lied and black lagoon, but by far black lagoon caught my eye when they took down the helicopter with the torpedo and I got hooked from there , been watching anime ever since XD

I was sitting in class one day and one of my buddies showed me some clips of elfien lied and black lagoon, but by far black lagoon caught my eye when they took down the helicopter with the torpedo and I got hooked from there , been watching anime ever since XD

The first episode :D the begging of the Black Lagoon GODLY ANIME

I watched Toonami a lot before school in the 90s. After that went away, I didn't have anime until Death Note. My real love for anime, though, came from when it helped me through tough times by kind of whisking me away into their usually happy-go-lucky worlds & helping me forget the real world for just a fraction of time.

Well my passion for anime came in the middle if the 90's with of course, how at each from us about 99%, Pokémon, DB and etc. - Where then meaning, that I from my 25 year about 15 year anime fan am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Remember , Hentai SAVE the world.
You are here because your parents did something HENTAI before . If you enjoy in any hentai product , don't forget them .
Always be grateful
hghhgh wrote on Shine's profile.
[ハチハチダヌキ] てんせいせいかつ -TS娘とただれた夏休み-ver1.3.3
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01040107.html
mizuno ai wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you upload RJ428404 update ?