The best Anime Movie

Toki o kakeru Shoujo was great..
Afro Samurai was full of bad-ass too ^^

and can't wait for the Fairy Tail movie!

Topic is very subjective. Unlimited Blade Works is a pretty good movie too.

My top 5 favorite anime movies:
1. Ninja Scroll
2. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
3. Spirited Away
4. Grave Of The Fireflies
5. Castle in The Sky

list of my best movie that i ever watched and remember :D
-Kara no kyoukai
-Break Blade
-Unlimited blade works
-Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
-king ofThorn

-Kara no kyoukai
-Fate/stay night: UBW~
-FF7: AC...

Sen to Chihiro Kamikakushi
Kara no Kyoukai
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Movie 1st
Sengoku Basara Gekijouban: LAST PARTY
Gundam Wing ~Endless Waltz~
Digimon Adventure The Movie (NA release)
Kiki's Delivery Service
Fafner ~Heaven and Earth~

Others have said it, and I totally agree... Akira (1988)

Akira is a highly acclaimed, landmark movie, that has strongly influenced the anime and Manga world! It also led the way to anime being popular outside of Japan! It's been cited as a major influence on films like The Matrix and Chronicle!

Akira is a must see for Anime fans!

One of my favorite films, not just anime! :)

As a previous friend brought up (whom I now agree with), Spirited Away isn't as amazing as other Miyazaki films. I'd say the general consensus is a tad overrated, and the likeliness is because that is probably one of their first Miyazaki films they've ever seen thanks to it making it to North America. It has Mononoke to thank for that publicity outside Japan. Animation is superb undeniably, but plot-wise, there's way more to other films than Spirited Away. Examples include Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, and Nausicaa.

Call those one of the better anime movies.

Madoka Rebellion is in itself a stupendous anime in general. I haven't watched other recent movies to make a comparison in that regard, but I would imagine them not matching Rebellion though.

edit: Actually, I've seen Garden of Words (Makoto Shinkai). That one was great for the most part, except it seemed like the climax got rushed for some odd reason. Because of that, for the purpose of this thread, Rebellion trumps Garden of Words.

Last edited:
If we're talking about a movie related to a series, one of my favorites is HeartCatch PreCure! the Movie: Fashion Show in the Flower Capital... Really?!

It's cute, clever, funny, and action packed. The art and dialog are very well done.

Mononoke Hime!

which, by the way, is aired every Christmas Eve on prime time on a certain German TV channel every year! And today! :D

As for other movies, I loved Tales of Vesperia First Strike. That prequel is better than the whole game in terms of story and character development. And it has some epic battles.

Mononoke Hime!

which, by the way, is aired every Christmas Eve on prime time on a certain German TV channel every year! And today! :D

As for other movies, I loved Tales of Vesperia First Strike. That prequel is better than the whole game in terms of story and character development. And it has some epic battles.

I know :D but the last time I saw it was 2003 on RTL II :(
Did they really air it 2013 as well?
I looked for it on a tv magazine but couldnt find it....maybe pay tv?

anyways my absolute favorite Anime Movie would be the Haruhi Movie
but of course I really love ghibli movies as well
especially Mononoke Hime, My Neighbour Totoro and Spirited Away

My favourite Anime Movies are:

- Cowboy Bebop - Knockin on Heaven's Door
- Ghost in the Shell (not the remake)
- Street Fighter II - The Animated Movie
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Jin-Roh
- Steamboy
- Tokyo Grandfathers

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.