Puella Magi Madoka Magica

^ Haruhiism is sooooooooooo old, join Madokaism now.

With just about every other character out of the picture now, this episode indeed focused on Madoka, Homura and Kyuubei, but also surprisingly Madoka’s mother also played a large role here. It was really building up to the inevitable: Madoka becoming a mahou shoujo. Or at least, that was very heavily implied at the end of this episode. Overall, while it would have been nice for Madoka to actually refuse Kyuubei throughout the entire series, I can see why she did it: as long as that Walpurgis night can only be defeated by Madoka in her Mahou Shoujo-form, this time-loop will continue on endlessly.

Homura's fight was epic and GAR, probably the best mahou shoujo in my list now (sry Nanoha). I NEED THE OST FOR THE FIGHT BETWEEN HOMURA AND WALPURGIS NIGHT.

After watching subs, I thought it all made perfect sense. Madoka, changing the laws of the universe with the miracle that was her wish became a god and took away the despair that witches cause (all the hints in the previous episode). This rewrote the timeline so Madoka never existed (probably paradox). Sayaka ends up dying anyway (not selfish), but Madoka helps her have no regrets. Because the timeline was rewritten, Homura's magic seems to no longer revolve around time travel and control. Instead Homura has the bow as well as the wings (inherited Madoka's power).The distortion demons (maju) are the effects of Madoka recreating the universe and system or probably despair of the world and that's why mahou shoujo must still fight. However, Homura is still continue fighting which makes it very bittersweet including Madoka's sacrifice.

The only thing that bothered me a bit was right at the end. Homura's wings seemed very witch like. Perhaps it has something to do with Homura getting support from Madoka who is shouldering all despair. In that case it's like Homura using the power of a witch without being a witch by using the despair that Madoka has collected. Sounds good in theory to help lighten Madoka's load a little bit, but then again I'm just making silly speculations.

It was so satisfying to see Kyubey got trolled by Madoka. Only missing a falcon punch!

I admit I got teary eye in the end (the last time was like Clannad AS). The ending was conclusive and satisfying albeit predictable. Then again, given I have played most of Urobuchi's stories, I was expecting may be he will give us unexpected dark twists which he is so popular of, so we are left to mercy :P. I don't mind the deus exish ending (personally it wasn't quite a true deus ex machina ending since it is still missing a few elements) cause it was developed, hinted and not totally out of the blue.

This series takes the well known formula: a cute animal comes to a girl, gives her superpowers, and they fight evil mahou sjoujo genre. It then examines what it means to be a magical girl. It actually uses its setting quite cleverly in order to really give the life of a magical girl a set of huge advantages and disadvantages. Really, the graphics may be simple, but underneath is a dark storyline.

The thing that’s especially amazing about this series is how well everything fits together. It’s twelve episodes long, but it makes excellent use of its time, the characters all fit the story perfectly and everyone serves his own purpose to the points that this series is trying to make. The show really makes sure that it doesn’t waste its time and just about every episode adds something to the overall story and characters. This creates quite a bit of nice development for such a short series.

It’s definitely a well written and series that continues to evolve. It deserves to be watched. It will remain very memorable for me.

PS. I NEED THE SOUNDTRACK MMMMMMMMM.

There were 4 females. Joan of Arc and Cleopatra were pretty obvious, the question is who the other two are..

I suspect that the first girl showing up (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../PastMG_01.jpg) is Helen of Troy.

The second person was clearly Cleopatra. The third one is a big question. She is clearly Japanese, and seems to be somehow associated with fire. Some suggested Himiko, a Japanese queen who was supposedly to have lived from the year of 158 to the year of 246. Existing records says that she became the ruler of Japan at the age of 17, by the usage of supernatural power, which would fit with the magical-girl scenario. Problem is, well, Himiko lived to 90 years old, and had no records of being burned to death or anything like that..

The forth one is clearly Joan of Arc (1412~1431). She had testified that she experienced her first vision around 1424 at the age of 12...and I suppose QB would happily contract with a 12 year girl, wouldn't he?

Joining the Madoka church now WWWWWWWW.
El, Psy, Congroo~

Hahaha, old, maybe, but people still believe in Buddhism, right? Haruhiism forever!

UDfJY.jpg

In nomine Madoka, et Homura Sancti. Amen.

count me in the new sect of relgion

*El Psy Congroo* ~...

i want to be baptized right away ~
teminate demons.
exorcise them in the new world ~...

Nicely arranged especially Sayaka's theme.

^ Haruhiism is sooooooooooo old, join Madokaism now.

With just about every other character out of the picture now, this episode indeed focused on Madoka, Homura and Kyuubei, but also surprisingly Madoka’s mother also played a large role here. It was really building up to the inevitable: Madoka becoming a mahou shoujo. Or at least, that was very heavily implied at the end of this episode. Overall, while it would have been nice for Madoka to actually refuse Kyuubei throughout the entire series, I can see why she did it: as long as that Walpurgis night can only be defeated by Madoka in her Mahou Shoujo-form, this time-loop will continue on endlessly.

Homura's fight was epic and GAR, probably the best mahou shoujo in my list now (sry Nanoha). I NEED THE OST FOR THE FIGHT BETWEEN HOMURA AND WALPURGIS NIGHT.

After watching subs, I thought it all made perfect sense. Madoka, changing the laws of the universe with the miracle that was her wish became a god and took away the despair that witches cause (all the hints in the previous episode). This rewrote the timeline so Madoka never existed (probably paradox). Sayaka ends up dying anyway (not selfish), but Madoka helps her have no regrets. Because the timeline was rewritten, Homura's magic seems to no longer revolve around time travel and control. Instead Homura has the bow as well as the wings (inherited Madoka's power).The distortion demons (maju) are the effects of Madoka recreating the universe and system or probably despair of the world and that's why mahou shoujo must still fight. However, Homura is still continue fighting which makes it very bittersweet including Madoka's sacrifice.

The only thing that bothered me a bit was right at the end. Homura's wings seemed very witch like. Perhaps it has something to do with Homura getting support from Madoka who is shouldering all despair. In that case it's like Homura using the power of a witch without being a witch by using the despair that Madoka has collected. Sounds good in theory to help lighten Madoka's load a little bit, but then again I'm just making silly speculations.

It was so satisfying to see Kyubey got trolled by Madoka. Only missing a falcon punch!

I admit I got teary eye in the end (the last time was like Clannad AS). The ending was conclusive and satisfying albeit predictable. Then again, given I have played most of Urobuchi's stories, I was expecting may be he will give us unexpected dark twists which he is so popular of, so we are left to mercy :P. I don't mind the deus exish ending (personally it wasn't quite a true deus ex machina ending since it is still missing a few elements) cause it was developed, hinted and not totally out of the blue.

This series takes the well known formula: a cute animal comes to a girl, gives her superpowers, and they fight evil mahou sjoujo genre. It then examines what it means to be a magical girl. It actually uses its setting quite cleverly in order to really give the life of a magical girl a set of huge advantages and disadvantages. Really, the graphics may be simple, but underneath is a dark storyline.

The thing that’s especially amazing about this series is how well everything fits together. It’s twelve episodes long, but it makes excellent use of its time, the characters all fit the story perfectly and everyone serves his own purpose to the points that this series is trying to make. The show really makes sure that it doesn’t waste its time and just about every episode adds something to the overall story and characters. This creates quite a bit of nice development for such a short series.

It’s definitely a well written and series that continues to evolve. It deserves to be watched. It will remain very memorable for me.

PS. I NEED THE SOUNDTRACK MMMMMMMMM.

There were 4 females. Joan of Arc and Cleopatra were pretty obvious, the question is who the other two are..

I suspect that the first girl showing up (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../PastMG_01.jpg) is Helen of Troy.

The second person was clearly Cleopatra. The third one is a big question. She is clearly Japanese, and seems to be somehow associated with fire. Some suggested Himiko, a Japanese queen who was supposedly to have lived from the year of 158 to the year of 246. Existing records says that she became the ruler of Japan at the age of 17, by the usage of supernatural power, which would fit with the magical-girl scenario. Problem is, well, Himiko lived to 90 years old, and had no records of being burned to death or anything like that..

The forth one is clearly Joan of Arc (1412~1431). She had testified that she experienced her first vision around 1424 at the age of 12...and I suppose QB would happily contract with a 12 year girl, wouldn't he?

Joining the Madoka church now WWWWWWWW.
El, Psy, Congroo~

Even if you said that, from what i saw, the story is very, very dark. Even main character friend's become Witch, isn't the path of story become bad ending?
The truth about Puella Magi also not revealed, instead only know about Soul Gem.
At least have a good ending where Madoka become godlike entity and rewrite the laws.

Recently finished this show and in all seriousness if other Mahou Shoujos were like this I'd be in love with this genre. Best damn mahou shoujo period. (for the record I've only enjoyed one other and seen maybe a couple more as I don't like mahou shoujo that much :P )

"Mawning Lesque~~!"

BTW, ain't that guy the male host for the NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen?

Dunno, actually

He reminded me of the actor from the Death Note Movie
I havent seen the movie only read about it though

death-note-movie-1-cover-death-note-the-movie-8968544-349-500.jpg

Just Googled It ^^

His real name is Tatsuya Fujiwara!

But is he the same guy from the Commercial?

I don't think so, coz the Morning Rescue guy's voice sound different, compared to T.F.

Madoka movie announced, glorious movie quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

jsh wrote on Shine's profile.
Can u upload 春屋3D’s arlecchino?
micanh wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Since it was you who posted the Rakudai volumes, I chose to ask here. Do you have any plans to upload the novel's 19vol ?
fpqm127 wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/120909-ジュピター-絶対監獄.1204055/

Can you please reupload this file katefile or mexashare or rosefile?

Thanks.
TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg