Question Please let us block users.

MelonCakey

Uploader
Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2014
I've already contacted staff to ask about this and was informed that blocking users is not a feature because the forum is public. I'm here to openly suggest it please become a feature, because I do not agree with that personally.

The forum being public is more of a reason we should be able to block users, not less. In any setting where people gather like this, there are bound to be some bad eggs, and we should be able to protect ourselves from that. If a user were to harass us on site, are we just supposed to put up with that?

As an uploader it also makes me feel more vulnerable, and I would appreciate the peace of mind that I could block someone who may seem suspect.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to hear me out.

Reactions: darri23
If someone harass you on this site please use report to let us know, or you can also ignore him/her by click "ignore" button on his/her profile.

Upvote 0
If someone harass you on this site please use report to let us know, or you can also ignore him/her by click "ignore" button on his/her profile.

Thank you, I'm glad that that's an option. But from my understanding, ignoring a user doesn't seem to stop them from seeing what you post, which in my opinion should be a given, unless I've somehow misunderstood the reply I was given.

I don't want to come across as ungrateful for the option to let moderation know if harassment occurs, that's not my intention, but I think we should also have the ability ourselves to do something so simple, whether it's harassment or just not wanting someone to see our profile/what we post.

Upvote 0
it is simply not possible to stop anyone from seeing what you post simply because this is a public forum. This website wide open to the internet.

We are talking about impossibility here

Upvote 0
What would stop them from just viewing this forum logged out?

I'm talking about what we as members post specifically. We have the Hide function, and that can limit who sees content we post in some way. But we don't have that same protection against fellow site members. This is a very basic feature most forums have, how is it impossible?

Upvote 0
The reason is that blocked users can simply log out or use another account to view your content, effectively bypassing any block you have put in place. This makes it impossible to guarantee the kind of protection a block feature is intended to provide.

The "Hide" function is designed to offer some control over who can view specific content. However, because the overall forum is public, anything posted can potentially be seen by anyone who takes those steps.

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Suzu鈴 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Could you reupload this except Rapidgator please?
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Excuse me, is it possible to update this one? Since a whole month had passed, it should be its final update.
堕ちた忍姫セツナ to Ver1.02
WillyMonka wrote on Shine's profile.
I deeply apologize for taking up your time, but could you please add this game

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ319032.html

It would be most grateful.
RXxxxxx wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,
The latest version of Bloodroot, ver.1.1.5.0, is out. Could you upload this?
Thx!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240215][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ 完全版 [RJ01154724]
Please re-upload