iTunes, oh iTunes, why are thou be such a piece of crap?

orisa

RL Siscon. Problem?
Sep 25, 2011
Srsly.

I tried to update to 10.5.2 this morning.
What did it do? It failed.
It was same with 10.5.1. It was a known bug on Windows. Why the hell is this not fixed?
The worst part of this is that everytime an iTunes update fails, you have to uninstall & reinstall the whole package of Apple goatsh*t that comes with iTunes just because iTunes won't bother to create restore point in case the update goes wrong and iPod needs to stick the goatsh*t back up its ass to do what other MP3 players can do by f*cking dragging and dropping. This process takes at least 100 years.
Since when is right clicking any more intuitive than sliding your mouse?
Why can't their software be as black and white as their hardware? Why do all their programs need to take more resource than f*cking Photoshop by running crap that nobody uses?

What the f*ck, Apple?
Please, please, PLEASE, make dragging & dropping available for iPods without needing this hairy ass program. Your sorry excuse of software is retarded, eats babies, and causes global warming.

Ditto, and it's actually old news.

I actually don't understand why people even bother with the piece of crap that Apple produced :\

I feel its just a good marketing scam strategy they took.

No ideas how my classmates have so fun with those things.

It's the same reason people like PS3, 360, PSP, etc.. Apple products do sh*t that they are not meant to by definition.
Kids feel cool when their little gayPhone or gayPod can also take pictures, videos, be an organizer (which they don't even use), connect to internet, act as a mini Skype, and all that. On top of that they got the "sleek simplistic, minimalist" designs which kids also think is cool even though they don't conceptually know why.

I bought my iPod because while I was looking for a new MP3 player I thought it would be nice to be able to pass time on trains and buses by playing a bunch of mini games on it while listening to songs. Worst mistake ever.
Although to clarify, the hardware itself is good and fun. It's just the fact that it needs this piece of sh*t software to function properly that makes it counter-productive and suck out of ass.

art thou be*

Anywho, mine updated fine, and I have Windows 7.

I also have an iPod Nano, and I got it for purely two reasons: it's small, and it has 8+ GB since I only use Apple to listen to music.

If you want apps, get a tablet.

If you want apps, get a tablet.

See, if I wanted to carry something that big and look like a douche, I'd just bring my laptop.
iPod fits my palm. Oh, and iPad also needs iTunes, so it doesn't really solve anything.

Last edited:
Anywho, mine updated fine, and I have Windows 7.

I also have an iPod Nano, and I got it for purely two reasons: it's small, and it has 8+ GB since I only use Apple to listen to music.
I am not experiencing any trouble with iTunes as well. I use it with Windows 7 and my iPhone..

I do know that my sister does have trouble running it with her laptop. I almost would like to suggest that iTunes can use a lot of processing power at times which enable it to fail with updates or syncs. All depending on that action that is being done. So the best I could recommend is the re-install and running iTunes with minimal background programs just until it's done failing out..
It can be a pain at times but best of luck to you.:cheering:

Check if your iPod is supported by Rockbox and switch over to that.

So after I paid 500$ for the iPod, I have to void the warranty and go through the risks of bricking it that that it could be half decent as the 300$ out of the box device?

Easier Solution: don't buy it. I only buy one Apple device and after seeing how sucky they are. Nope, not going to buy any again.

Though, I'm an tech savvy user, so, commoners and alike may not see it as I do.

I reject the Church of Apple and its False Emperor, Steve Jobs. I used to have a nano I got for free, and I put Rockbox on it because I didn't want to install the filthy itunes herald on my computer. Of course, the battery died, and I instead got a much better, and cheaper Creative Xen X-Fi which I still use to this day :D

Of course, I could say the same for Beats by Dr. Dre "headphones", but that would be off-topic now wouldn't it xD

Short, iTunes is crap, there really is no reason it should be, it just is, its one of those cosmic questions that will probably never be answered in our lifetimes. Shame really, along with the hipster apple deciples, if only those two things changed, they might get even more willng suc- I mean customers. ^_~

See, if I wanted to carry something that big and look like a douche, I'd just bring my laptop.
iPod fits my palm. Oh, and iPad also needs iTunes, so it doesn't really solve anything.
I didn't say iPad; I said "a tablet" - there are other tablets.

But your first point is valid.

I am not experiencing any trouble with iTunes as well. I use it with Windows 7 and my iPhone..

I do know that my sister does have trouble running it with her laptop. I almost would like to suggest that iTunes can use a lot of processing power at times which enable it to fail with updates or syncs. All depending on that action that is being done. So the best I could recommend is the re-install and running iTunes with minimal background programs just until it's done failing out..
It can be a pain at times but best of luck to you.:cheering:

I'm running a quad core with 16GM of RAM so I hardly think that's the problem.
Problem is more apparent for 64bit versions of Vista (which is what I have), even though there seem to be split here too.

The only barely sensible thing to buy from Apple is the Mac, which again only useful for its graphic works ability.
And for your info, iTunes killed 2 of my neighbor's computer. Both are dual-cored and had al least 1 GB RAM. I feel sorry for them.

:digoil:iTune? What's that?:digoil:
Ignorance is a bliss, truly.

Use Mac PC once, ain't got no choice about it, to do my graphic works, back in my collage days.
Hate it to the very core of my soul, I tell ya.
Not capable enough to do some simple multitasking.
I'm the type of guy who would do his graphic work, while listening to music and play video at the same time.
Since Mac can't run Winamp and MPC, I had to use it's own devices to do those things.
Not the friendliest user interface I have ever faced. Also can't play certain music or video format that Winamp and MPC can do.

In other words, I wouldn't ever want to use any Apple product.
I'll accept them if they're feel, if that mean I could sell them off to me earn some cash.

Last edited:
Mac... There are tons of macs around my campus and theres an apple store too :/

Mac... There are tons of macs around my campus and theres an apple store too :/

Theres a mac store, but actually...they make everyone learn linux here...=.=

Not the biggest fan of linux either, because I'm not a console commander kind of person, but at least its got power. Besides, macs are nothing but PCs with a logo slapped on nowadays, a supreme kind of irony from a company who was marketing not being a PC, and I do graphics work as well, both photoshop and 3D work, and I get it all done on windows plenty easily enough. So out of curiosity if anyone knows, what sort of graphics tools DO get used to a massive extent that can't be done on windows these days?

So out of curiosity if anyone knows, what sort of graphics tools DO get used to a massive extent that can't be done on windows these days?

Nothing really, other than that Mac apps are usually geared towards graphic designers.
Also, Expose is a Mac only neat feature that boosts your work efficiency 10x fold especially if you are like me and have more than 10 windows at once.

But the Mac interface is stupid, menu contexts are stupid, the one button mouse is stupid, small keyboards are stupid, and it still eats babies.

haha, well said, I never could figure out the point of the one button mouse when I used my dad's old MacII when I was a kid, when windows always had 2

If I have 10 windows at once, my setup is something like this:

Laptop (1440x900) + CRT attached (1600x1200)
Desktop with 2 24in 1920x1200 LCD
both attached together using synergy to share the mouse (MX Revolution) and an ancient mechanical keyboard (its still got the huge DIM plug that came before PS/2!)

I never feel like I lose track of my windows...most of the time xD

I have an iPhone (don't blame me, my dad got it for me as a birthday present) and although it's nice to use, iTunes is frustrating as fuck and still takes time to load up on my desktop (which by the way, is an i7-2600k with 16Gb of ram) but ALL big brand name devices require you to download their shit-tacular bloatware in order to move some mp3 files from a folder on your HDD to a folder on the player. Windows Phones/Zunes require the Zune software, Blackberries require the Blackberry software, android phones require special drivers that may not even work with your computer. The best experience I've ever had with any player was a dinky little usb stick one that i bought at a dollar store. It was drag and drop, played all the music, no matter what folder it was in, and played every format under the sun (including flac, surprisingly). Someone has to do something about this BS, NO MORE PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE JUST FOR TRANSFERRING STUPID MP3 FILES GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Try Creative's players, my Zen X-Fi is treated like a usb stick device :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
AUO wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload this?
アオハループ
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
Also, could you update this one please? The bugs are horrendous and they put many additional features. Thanks.
アノ子は僕の性奴隷
Morisoba1988 wrote on Shine's profile.

[240117][VRゲーム屋さん] 【VR】学びな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?~ [RJ01133621]

Do you have the latest versions of these?