Anime size limit. (What are you the maximal limit at a anime episode?)

Well, maybe at someone/somebody is so, but it exist another that this not concerns (So e.g. at me...:deadsad:)...:goodtea:~>

Well it's not expected that everyone in the world having the same spending and earning habits. I understand what you mean though, since I am paying liabilities, which is essential to my livelihood.

Oh ya. I watch alot of my amine on a PMP so there's no need for it to be crazy good quality.

I usually download the 200-400mb range, but if i'm really lazy, or wanna download it real quick, i'll just download the 10bit mp4 format anime from this one website. It's around 90-150mb for 720p and the quality doesn't really differs much from the 200-400mb mkv format. (I'm not really sure, but can u link to another anime website here?)

it's an anime website with direct download link. Hmm, i guess i'll go read the forum rules. xD

it's an anime website with direct download link. Hmm, i guess i'll go read the forum rules. xD
Well/Because the admins and mods here (and it is versus the rule) are not good, if here other download-forums shown will...:goodtea:~>

Last edited:
haha okay, i kinda familiar with that rule. Used to have an anime website on my own too. But was too lazy to maintain it because of the increasing visitor. :whistle:

I am a little late into this thread but here is my answer :
Limit : 1.2 gb / 24 minutes episode if it is 1080p
Limit : 540 mb / 24 minutes episode if it is 720p
I don't have any real limit... If the file gives good
image and sound quality, fine. But a 2 gb file would seem
abusive to me.

I am a little late into this thread but here is my answer :
Limit : 1.2 gb / 24 minutes episode if it is 1080p
Limit : 540 mb / 24 minutes episode if it is 720p
I don't have any real limit... If the file gives good
image and sound quality, fine. But a 2 gb file would seem
abusive to me.
The first: You're not too late or so for this, because that is alway a actually topic.
Second: well, for me too/also would 2 GB for a ep. in 1080p category too much be.

The first: You're not too late or so for this, because that is alway a actually topic.
Second: well, for me too/also would 2 GB for a ep. in 1080p category too much be.

Yeah 2gb is pretty excessive for mkv containers I think. I might consider it if they had screenshots that were obviously better than others, but that would also take me ages to DL XD
I have taken a few 600MB 720p releases though, that isn't great, but not TOO bad. :)

I have taken a few 600MB 720p releases though, that isn't great, but not TOO bad. :)
Well, that can happen... But it going also on, from which fan-subbers you have, because between fan-subbers can of course quality-differences give...:goodtea:~>

Well, that can happen... But it going also on, from which fan-subbers you have, because between fan-subbers can of course quality-differences give...:goodtea:~>

I never really pay enough attention to figure out who are the bad ones and who are good. When the subs are bad I just stop reading them and listen to the Japanese :)

I never really pay enough attention to figure out who are the bad ones and who are good. When the subs are bad I just stop reading them and listen to the Japanese :)
Well, in this viewpoint, watch I rather always without good subtitles, because so could I my Japanese-skills extended...:goodtea:~>

Well, in this viewpoint, watch I rather always without good subtitles, because so could I my Japanese-skills extended...:goodtea:~>

Pretty easy for some of the drama/gag shows, but can be very difficult for Sci-fi shows when they use all kinds of vocabulary. :)

For example: Acchi Kocchi vs Psycho-Pass.

Pretty easy for some of the drama/gag shows, but can be very difficult for Sci-fi shows when they use all kinds of vocabulary. :)

For example: Acchi Kocchi vs Psycho-Pass.
Well, because of have I also the special Katakana-system learned, where in such cases if in Japanese foreigner notions coming, what in this situation his context converting - so is it always easy find out, what they say try...:goodtea:~>

um.. for me quality must be appropriate to filesize, um i mean 1-3gb for 1 1080p episode is not worth it since there are already some hq 720p mkv full anime movies with smaller filesize, and maximizing all the HDDs space for other things like games & mangas is most preferable for me :embjudge:

um.. for me quality must be appropriate to filesize, um i mean 1-3gb for 1 1080p episode is not worth it since there are already some hq 720p mkv full anime movies with smaller filesize, and maximizing all the HDDs space for other things like games & mangas is most preferable for me :embjudge:

Just so you know, a 1080p file should be much larger than a 720p file. Depends how how they did everything, but a 1080p ~24min episode should probably be over 1GB if they did a good job.

Just so you know, a 1080p file should be much larger than a 720p file. Depends how how they did everything, but a 1080p ~24min episode should probably be over 1GB if they did a good job.

Yes I know but a 720p episode is better than having a 1080p episode that takes up more HDD space this is my own preference mind you sir :blushing:

Yes I know but a 720p episode is better than having a 1080p episode that takes up more HDD space this is my own preference mind you sir :blushing:
Just saying. With the difference in scale it makes perfect sense that 1080p is much larger on average. I thought you were making it sound like 1080p was just wasting space, which it isn't, it simply requires much more :runhappy:

Also might be worth mentioning that mkv is just the container, and doesn't really say all that much about how they processed the video. :)

Just saying. With the difference in scale it makes perfect sense that 1080p is much larger on average. I thought you were making it sound like 1080p was just wasting space, which it isn't, it simply requires much more :runhappy:

Also might be worth mentioning that mkv is just the container, and doesn't really say all that much about how they processed the video. :)

Which is a fact, I process videos and have them re-encoded for public viewing when demonstrating how to beat certain monsters or opponents in a game. From 1 GB of video data to a uploadable size of 200 MB or less. You can imagine what I had to do there to make that happen.

Personally, I'm starting to take in 1 GB per episode for Anime in BD-Ray if I really like the animation. Otherwise I keep the 1080p or the next best thing as a archive for the time being.

Which is a fact, I process videos and have them re-encoded for public viewing when demonstrating how to beat certain monsters or opponents in a game. From 1 GB of video data to a uploadable size of 200 MB or less. You can imagine what I had to do there to make that happen.

Personally, I'm starting to take in 1 GB per episode for Anime in BD-Ray if I really like the animation. Otherwise I keep the 1080p or the next best thing as a archive for the time being.

Yeah in the past I did a reasonable amount of video editing, and in the more recent past I've done a bunch of transcoding (mostly so I could watch anime on my tablet). So I've done a fair bit of reading on the topic and have a little experience. But good lord is the video encoding rabbit hole deep!

Yeah in the past I did a reasonable amount of video editing, and in the more recent past I've done a bunch of transcoding (mostly so I could watch anime on my tablet). So I've done a fair bit of reading on the topic and have a little experience. But good lord is the video encoding rabbit hole deep!

Yeah and to top it off... balancing quality and size is pretty difficult task. Even I'm sometimes baffled with some of the video encoding that I sometimes succeed and screwed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.