Anime size limit. (What are you the maximal limit at a anime episode?)

But yeah, it does come down to that. And for some reason like you mentioned at the Opening post, these files are getting bigger and bigger in terms of releases. Makes you wonder what do they put in them.
Well, I can just guess: some high tech softwares, where that more place take as the anime self...:goodtea:~>

Computer space is not a problem. It's cheap and easy to buy new drives. :D

Its not that rare to find a good encoding of anime. Like if i think of a movie with the right group you can get good quality 720p for 700~mb for like 1:30:00 minute movie. With a good .mkv or other encode that 700mb could be 400mb or less. And a anime Episode is 22-25 minutes. So divide and its close to 100mb an episode. Like I got Mirai Nikki at 720p for a average of 95mb per episode. I probibly would get higher Quality like 1080p expetionly since i got my full 1080 HD monitor :D But my internet usage limit sucks right now...

There was this great encoder but He/she fell off the face of the internet about 5 years ago haha

hmm...most of my collections are 100-200 mb.....but i don't really complain much about the

quality though=/

Its not that rare to find a good encoding of anime. Like if i think of a movie with the right group you can get good quality 720p for 700~mb for like 1:30:00 minute movie. With a good .mkv or other encode that 700mb could be 400mb or less. And a anime Episode is 22-25 minutes. So divide and its close to 100mb an episode. Like I got Mirai Nikki at 720p for a average of 95mb per episode. I probibly would get higher Quality like 1080p expetionly since i got my full 1080 HD monitor :D But my internet usage limit sucks right now...
Well, but where can I fan-subs find, where in the 200MB around category are(+ that with at least 720p support), because I've until now always such groups find, where from 300MB until 600MB been was...:goodtea:~>

i am looking always at 1080p and if i can;t find in 1080p i guess i would go with 1080p and i am replacing my existing series / movies / ova when is available in 1080p or 720p (for the older release 854x480 and 640x480)

i am looking always at 1080p and if i can;t find in 1080p i guess i would go with 1080p and i am replacing my existing series / movies / ova when is available in 1080p or 720p (for the older release 854x480 and 640x480)

Sooner or later when HDD gets even cheaper and bigger, we're going to end up with BD collections as a majority of the collection at this rate. I know I'm starting to collect some of my favorites in BD and going through them to see if the translation is at 80% correct, since there's no such thing as perfect translation from language to another. Otherwise I would just ignore or turn off the subtitles and watch it raw.

Yeah, but is it you really matter/meaningless, how big the file size is...? Because if we about a anime season speak, where of/from 12-13 episode have, what 400MB/episode includes, what mean that 4,6 GB (in case of 12) have. But what is at around 300MB's...? In this case have just 4,1 GB (in 350MB calculated), what -500MB meaning, this space can you for another season/series use. In the 300MB category find you sure HQ-videos.

I think just economically...:goodtea:~>

Yeah, but is it you really matter/meaningless, how big the file size is...? Because if we about a anime season speak, where of/from 12-13 episode have, what 400MB/episode includes, what mean that 4,6 GB (in case of 12) have. But what is at around 300MB's...? In this case have just 4,1 GB (in 350MB calculated), what -500MB meaning, this space can you for another season/series use. In the 300MB category find you sure HQ-videos.

I think just economically...:goodtea:~>

yeap my self i concern about quality ;) and you know that i had already 7TB anime :)

... I think I can contest that I have at least 6 GB with my entire DVD collection that piled up in my room. Exclude my HDD which have a mix of Anime, Visual Novels, Games, Music, etc.

Somehow by reading this thread I get the impression that most people here don't really know much about how encoding works. I'm no expert on it myself, but I've done a bit of tinkering to get the basics.

Somehow by reading this thread I get the impression that most people here don't really know much about how encoding works. I'm no expert on it myself, but I've done a bit of tinkering to get the basics.

Well I don't if we are talking about intermediate level. My only understand of Encoding and what was encoded is that what settings you used to get the said video to the final result. The only time I had no choice but to encode was when I had to compile a video for a Tertiary level study which is a long time ago. Frankly speaking, I haven't made a AMV for several years so I'm pretty my knowledge of Encoding and stuff is now blank.

I follow this definition of encoding to say the least: "In video editing and production video encoding is the process of preparing the video for output, where the digital video is encoded to meet proper formats and specifications for recording and playback through the use of video encoder software. Also called video conversion."

And the last time I have done something similar to this was altering the output of a recording and making it Youtube available for those who complained xyz monster was hard to beat on Material Brave on Very Hard settings (if that was the hardest settings).

yeap my self i concern about quality ;) and you know that i had already 7TB anime :)

oi oi oi 7TB! :shocked:

what's your download speed?

With my current download speed I can download 7 tb in 7595 hours = 316 days lol...........:(

[MENTION=10600]HatoriTakaya[/MENTION]; haha yep, that is the gist of it. Ideally with an encoder who knows what they are doing, there will be a direct correlation between size and quality. You CANNOT have a really high quality 24 minute video that is around 100-200mb. It simply can't be done with current containers/codecs. And if you could, most of you probably wouldn't have a computer powerful enough to play that complex beast.

BluRays have 2 layers of 25GB each (for about 50GB total) to house our BD movies. I think the average movies usually take over 15GB for the film itself (not sure what container/codecs they normally use though). So 1GB for 24 minute, 1080p anime seems like a good ballpark figure for me. :)

For the 720p stuff where they are just sourcing from TV, it doesn't matter as much, so then 300-600mb is more common.

Also, not sure if any of you have mentioned this yet, but it really depends on the formats they are using. Encoding in HI 10p takes up less disk space while being more computationally complex (runs your CPU harder). Other formats have varying size efficiency.

oi oi oi 7TB! :shocked:

what's your download speed?

With my current download speed I can download 7 tb in 7595 hours = 316 days lol...........:(

my speed is 50Mbit T1 Lan :) i download 6 episodes the time with 300kb/s per episode :)

when i download a single file alone i can see more than 2400kb/s :)

my speed is 50Mbit T1 Lan :) i download 6 episodes the time with 300kb/s per episode :)

when i download a single file alone i can see more than 2400kb/s :)

Faster than my net by leaps and bound. I blame the government and businesses for refusing to service better net in my area.

^
If I get over 200kb/s for a single file I am happy. When using a good torrent, I am quite happy when it gets around 800kb/s.

Haha i remember when i once had 20kb/s speed (not 200 just 20) although that was a while ago when the faster internet service provider didn't go all the way to my house. I couldn't even watch a youtube video becuse it took like 5 minutes to buffer 2 minutes. I'm glad that's over haha.

Haha i remember when i once had 20kb/s speed (not 200 just 20) although that was a while ago when the faster internet service provider didn't go all the way to my house. I couldn't even watch a youtube video becuse it took like 5 minutes to buffer 2 minutes. I'm glad that's over haha.

It's like, when you moved on from dial up to something faster like broadband, ADSL or something faster than that. You'll never look back. I was used to be on dial up for 1 to 2 years before I went on something faster but not as fast as 10 MBPS download speeds. Now I can't live on dial up anymore. Also I'm kinda in your situation of net speed so... man wished their serviced better network and exchanges in my area and internet cables connecting to US and around the world.

He means that anime size doesn't really matter, because the space to store anime is so cheap.
Well, maybe at someone/somebody is so, but it exist another that this not concerns (So e.g. at me...:deadsad:)...:goodtea:~>

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.