Anime Endings that made you cry. . .

This anime contributed significantly to my hate for humans. I definitely stand on the side of the Diclonius, and i despised the male lead... (actually i hated all the male characters as well as the horny cousin)
And naturally, the ending packed an emotional punch.

Air was the first anime to make me cry though.

Grave of the Fireflies was the most emotional of the Ghibli movies and also pushed tears out of my eyes.

Code Geass, did not make me cry but mainly because...
i am in denial

Now that you mention it, I cried heaps at the end of code geass.. Sad face ending...
The firefly one was Expected to be sad anyway...
Fruit basket was just... Depressing but at least there was a good ending...
As for school days, makoto is a complete dickhead...

Do VN's count?? If so I'll need a moment to think xP

Latest anime I watched that did was Angel Beats. KANAAAADEEEEEEE!!!! :dontleave:

Utawarerumono and Angel Beats for me; if there's anything that gets me, it's the finality of some goodbyes. There are probably another 1-2 others, but I'd have to do a bit of recalling.

Angel Beats, Ano Hana, Grave of the Fireflies, Fate/Stay Night, Steins Gate...

all off it makes me cry :happytears:

-AnoHana
-Angel Beats
-Clannad After Story (these werent tears of sadness but happiness)
-Ef~A Tale of Melodies

And according from what I hear, Grave of Fireflies will be the next one to be added. Im downloading it right now :)

Yume Miru Kusuri's Mizuki and Nekoko bad-endings were real mindf**k tear-jerkers imo. Nekoko's GOOD ending was also just as tear-jerking, though in a good way.

Kozue's ending in Snow Sakura was also a good kinda tear-jerker as well xP

Yume Miru Kusuri's Mizuki and Nekoko bad-endings were real mindf**k tear-jerkers imo. Nekoko's GOOD ending was also just as tear-jerking, though in a good way.

Kozue's ending in Snow Sakura was also a good kinda tear-jerker as well xP

And lets not forget Minatsu's ending in Da Capo 2 ;)

Grave of the Fireflies, for sure. One of the finest Ghibli films, and definitely the saddest.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0...the last 2-3 episodes. Even more poignant now.

Haibane Renmei.

Didn't cry in Fruits Basket, though my wife did. A lot.

Clannad seem the only anime one that make me really cry
beside some VN~

Cry of Disapointment :
Akaneiro,Hoshizora,Mashiro,CG even though is good,the end somehow not what i'm really looking foward too

Some of it again Cry while laughing,maybe should count this one --a

The last episode of Aria: The Origination... I think that's it unless I have to include Visual Novels as well. XD

the one that really made me tear up was angel beats.. more specifically the individual stories of the characters and as for the ending, it was the one in which he chose to stay in the world..
clannad also had a pretty touching story but i wouldn't say the ending was as sad as it was meaningful
code geass r2 amazed me from the first episode till the last... one of the best plots i've seen thus far and im both astonished and sad at the ending

Hmmm my first experience (to cry) = Doraemon: Nobita and the Legend of the Sun King , awesome ending with those music :happytears:

Last edited:
the one that really made me tear up was angel beats.. more specifically the individual stories of the characters and as for the ending, it was the one in which he chose to stay in the world..
clannad also had a pretty touching story but i wouldn't say the ending was as sad as it was meaningful
code geass r2 amazed me from the first episode till the last... one of the best plots i've seen thus far and im both astonished and sad at the ending

AGREEE... I CRIED ALL OVER WHEN HE DIED.... I mean, cant him have a better ending??? Eg. run away with c2? Get someone to fake his death???

Air
The ending part

Angel Beats
When Yui leave the world and the final part

Code Geass R2
End when Lelouch dies

Clannad
When Tomoya tells his daughter about her mum, Nagisa

Zero No Tsukaima
When they both went to the church to get "married"

I cry too f***ing much lol

Edit: does the spoiler tags not work?? Ahh well... sack it...

Last edited:
Toradora! made me cry. I'm a hopeless romantic, though, so it makes sense.

I don't recall of any other anime really making me cry besides Toradora!...

For me it was the ending of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? ;3 brought a tear to my eye at the end of episode 11

[MENTION=10838]moyoyi[/MENTION]
yeah... makes it all the more sad that his best friend was the one that had to kill him

Air
The ending part

Angel Beats
When Yui leave the world and the final part

Code Geass R2
End when Lelouch dies

Clannad
When Tomoya tells his daughter about her mum, Nagisa

Zero No Tsukaima
When they both went to the church to get "married"

I cry too f***ing much lol

Edit: does the spoiler tags not work?? Ahh well... sack it...

*fixed

quote me to see the "=" added :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
AUO wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload this?
アオハループ
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
Also, could you update this one please? The bugs are horrendous and they put many additional features. Thanks.
アノ子は僕の性奴隷
Morisoba1988 wrote on Shine's profile.

[240117][VRゲーム屋さん] 【VR】学びな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?~ [RJ01133621]

Do you have the latest versions of these?
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
A reupload request. Do you still have this in your database?
お兄ちゃんは私だけのものなんだからっ!!